Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION IS NOT AN OPEN WORLD

2»

Comments

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

It never claimed to me an open world. Most people prefer it this way except for the immature a**holes that prefer to go to the lowbie zone of the other race and do their *weak* killing there cause they don't have the balls to go to the pvp zone.

• LoukkuLoukku Member Posts: 2

Thank you for informing this adoniskev , reading your post makes me want to play this game even more , becouse I really hate gankfests . Gotta buy it next week when I get the cash :) .

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

I'm really beginning to think that a LOT of these people don't even have the game. Either they don't have the gonads to try it and they want to see if they can stir up people enough to tell them the good parts about the game, or their parents won't buy it for them. =

So they come into the forums and pretend like they're part of some community...

Unfortunately for these people, MOST of the people who are having a great time playing Aion, are busy playing Aion and don't come on the forums too much unless it's to ask a question.

• DurudanDurudan Member Posts: 40

FACT: i have the game

FACT: Aion's history it's a world divided blablaba de abbys in the midle BUT you cant go to the oposite world thats rigth but thats because its on another side that's impossible to reach ...se the video were the developers of the game talk and you'll notice that

lock up yo kids, lock up yo wife, even yo husband cuz they rapin everybody round here

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Durudan

FACT: i have the game
    FACT: Aion's history it's a world divided blablaba de abbys in the midle BUT you cant go to the oposite world thats rigth but thats because its on another side that's impossible to reach ...se the video were the developers of the game talk and you'll notice that

Well thank you for telling me you have the game.  I totally believe you because you stated that it as a FACT.

Oh, and... FACT: You can go to the other side. They're called Rifts. You can explore a LOT of the area over there.  Granted you might get owned by another player... or 5... or 20...

By the way, if you played the game enough, you'd know the lore is more extensive than "Gar har! World a-sploded and it's in two-halves now!".

• DurudanDurudan Member Posts: 40

Oh dear what can i say ....

FACT: I Love You

lock up yo kids, lock up yo wife, even yo husband cuz they rapin everybody round here

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I actually agree with OP here. The game feels a bit small, you are sort of funneled through kinda narrow zones while levelling. The abyss isn't huge either.

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

Zones need to be direct and concentrated in order to facilitate contact between enemies.

It would absolutely terrible to attempt to find anybody in the Abyss or while rifting if the zones were any more open. Zones are already massive.

-

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498
    Originally posted by Loukku

Thank you for informing this adoniskev , reading your post makes me want to play this game even more , becouse I really hate gankfests . Gotta buy it next week when I get the cash :) .

Not sure what you read but Aion is a gankfest by design.  Sure, the mechanics exist that could make for small group PvP but it is and will be entirely dominated by large groups using rifts to pop in and gank whoever is nearby until a counter group forms to make it not so easy and send them home.  Not the worst thing ever for sure, and maybe something that suits people's tastes, but it make no mistake Aion is gank or be ganked and makes no bones about it.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Originally posted by Tisiphone

Originally posted by EricDanie

Sorry, no easy 24/7 low-level gank-camp-fest "open world" for you.
    This ^

You can always hang out next to an arena

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Aion is eastern mmo + western but it aint no guildwars.