Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Todd Harris Live Interview on Wednesday

ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161

More details can be found here --> http://www.hexagenda.com/

Comments

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161

Todd is droppin' some good info on the Alliance vs. Alliance combat in the interview.

One thing I thought was really cool he mentioned, was that atfer each 45 day campign your victory goes down in GA lore and is broadcast to everyone. I heard Stew mention in another interview that only a section of the world gets reset, so perhaps you get to keep your land :]

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

I hope they do just as good of a job as the player influenced online lore that Total Annihilation had when they had their online service (Bone Yards) where they would guide the story depending on how the battles were going between the factions and include player names into the story.

I was a bit confused. Did he mean that the territory only becomes yours after 45 days??? That's kind of long isn't? Or does it just become permanently yours if you control it for 45 days? I wish this game was out already, but I don't want it to be released until they are happy with the finished product.

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by spLagger

I was a bit confused. Did he mean that the territory only becomes yours after 45 days??? That's kind of long isn't? Or does it just become permanently yours if you control it for 45 days?

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm thinking if you take a hex it's yours until the reset? I'm not sure though.

i see. I wonder if the same idea behind town control in Atlantica Online could have been applied to GA. In AO it requires a lot of work to keep a town so in the end small guilds or non active guilds usually loose it to another guild. That way they don't need to have a "reset."

• KittyKimJongKittyKimJong Member Posts: 22

i see. I wonder if the same idea behind town control in Atlantica Online could have been applied to GA. In AO it requires a lot of work to keep a town so in the end small guilds or non active guilds usually loose it to another guild. That way they don't need to have a "reset."

Sounds like a bunch of Zerging to me in AO

Playing:
    Global Agenda
    Waiting:
    APB

what do you mean by Zerging?

In AO the guild needs to be active to keep up the points to keep a town. Those points are accumulated through guild/town quests, persuading NPCs to move to your town, and other major co-operation.  It's just a nice system of co-operation between players. The game has a very large focus on player co-operation and mingling with others. The only flawed part IMO in AO is that you can solo a lot through the beginig game in terms of leveling... it's just too easy. But that's besides the point.

I was just thinking about the way AO deals with town control and how it seemed pretty steady and how the game doesn't warrant a "reset" like GA does.

And it was just a thought.

• KittyKimJongKittyKimJong Member Posts: 22

what do you mean by Zerging?
    In AO the guild needs to be active to keep up the points to keep a town. Those points are accumulated through guild/town quests, persuading NPCs to move to your town, and other major co-operation.  It's just a nice system of co-operation between players. The game has a very large focus on player co-operation and mingling with others. The only flawed part IMO in AO is that you can solo a lot through the beginig game in terms of leveling... it's just too easy. But that's besides the point.
    I was just thinking about the way AO deals with town control and how it seemed pretty steady and how the game doesn't warrant a "reset" like GA does.
    And it was just a thought.

When I said Zerging I ment when you said that small guilds will lose their territory, I've never played the game.  That's just the thought that I got off of it when I read that.

Bigger the guild, the longer they own a point, sounds like zerging

Playing:
    Global Agenda
    Waiting:
    APB

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

There is no zerging in this game. It's all small 10 vs 10 instanced battlegrounds but effect nearby hex battle grounds too.

Originally posted by KittyKimJong

When I said Zerging I ment when you said that small guilds will lose their territory, I've never played the game.  That's just the thought that I got off of it when I read that.

Bigger the guild, the longer they own a point, sounds like zerging

Ah ok, naw it's not really like that in AO, I mean it helps, but only if those members are active.  A guild can control a Territory effectively if there are 10 active members helping the guild. I was in a guild of about 50 but there was a lot of dead weight and it was mostly just the few of us carrying the guild....

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

There is no zerging in this game. It's all small 10 vs 10 instanced battlegrounds but effect nearby hex battle grounds too.

I don't see how that's possible after release when there are a lot more people, I mean I'm just speculating, but don't you need an agency of 60 or more to be competitive since you can have Six teams of 10 raiding a hex? And of course not everyone will be on at the same time so sounds like it would help to have more than 60.

Again just speculating, but from beta to full release I just assume the influx of players (and if it gets really popular) then you'll need a lot more people to be effective.