Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this game then?

GraffGraff Member Posts: 83

Did Cryptic make any design changes to Perpetual's final vision and design? Story, style, visuals and concept all seem pretty similar?

Shame about no player ship interiors or 3D movement in space, I remember some of the biggest criticisms levelled at the previous developer revolved around those kind of issues.

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

It is a game designed to piss you people off. So far it looks like they are succeeding.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Nothing to see here, move along.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• le102071le102071 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Graff

Did Cryptic make any design changes to Perpetual's final vision and design? Story, style, visuals and concept all seem pretty similar?
    Shame about no player ship interiors or 3D movement in space, I remember some of the biggest criticisms levelled at the previous developer revolved around those kind of issues.

Yes, Cryptic made ALL changes..   none of Perpetual's anything is part of this STO..

• liquidblainoliquidblaino Member Posts: 10

It's better just to completely ignore the old PE stuff when you look at STO these days.  It's a completely different game.

• ZerothLawZerothLaw Member Posts: 24

Pretty much yeah, ignore the PE stuff.

They had nothing in four years of effort except a lot of broken promises. Cryptic was unable to use anything PE had. No code, no engine, except for concept art.

Frankly, PE led everyone along, and screwed up badly. There should have been a nearly completed game after four years, but they had nothing. Be mad at PE, for lying to all of us for so long.

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

What the PE seem to forget is that perpetual actually announced later on in dev that they were focusing on a more single player casual game than their little perfect sim that they said they could create, and obviously couldn't.  

On no!?! PE wasn't perfect!?!?!

Anyway, it's a ST game so there are definitely similarities in the versions, but the only thing that Cryptic took directly was concept art.  

And another thing.  People really need to stop with the "no 3D movement stuff".  Just watch any video, ANY.  There is definitely 3D movement. What there isn't is neutonian flight physics and multiple orientations.  Of course, oyu're probably just grossly misrepresenting this on purpose.

Proof of 3D.  This vid is real, i'm the one playing:

• soassoas Member Posts: 14

I am very intrested in the combat. I was palying this game called Darkspace.

I found the game to be interesting and the STO would take the combat I seen from darkspace to a completely new level.

Thought I am not try to comparing darkspace combat to STO, I find the game mechanics of combat the same, to a degree. STO provides a much greater depth into the enviroment.

• MrVoltMrVolt Member Posts: 11

It never got my attention when is was under PE's wings but Crytpic realy spiced things up and its looking amazing whats we have seen so far.

its the first mmo that has space AND ground combat I would only play it for that reason alone :)