Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PAX Convention Interviews/Videos/Screenshots

I didn't find a thread on this forum with many videos from pax so i thought i would bring my STO online forum post over here.

Videos

Interview with Craig, skip to 1 hour and 43 minutes

ufragtv.com/recorded/video/22538

Angry Joe PAX interview with Craig

www.youtube.com/watch

Hailing Frequency has a playlist of many videos including a two part interview with Craig,a meet Rekhan video and a Space Combat Video.

www.youtube.com/view_play_list

A post on the forums with a video space combat. One nice part shows an enemy ship exploding right beside another enemy ship causing it to explode as well.

forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php

A forum poster has a hands on impression as well as two separate videos of ground combat gameplay.

A video of ground combat with a dev talking in the background.

www.youtube.com/watch

video with both Space and Ground Combat

www.youtube.com/watch

Video of both Space and Ground combat. These guys do a 57 minute youtube Preview as well

www.youtube.com/watch

7 Minute video of Space and Ground combat with fairly clear audio of a Cryptic representative.

www.youtube.com/watch

ScreenShots

A "Plethora" of Screenshots. Screenshots include Romulan War Bird, Borg Cube/Sphere, Galaxy Class star ship, Borg Drones etc. Make sure to click the link to his Photobucket page for extra Screens.

Hailing Frequency has some SS's with an excellent view of both the GUI for ground and space combat as well as the controls for each. They have high quality photos of Space and Ground combat.

www.hailingfrequency.com/boards/gallery/thumbnails.php

Hands-On Previews and Impressions

57 Minute discussion of the game between three people that played it.

www.youtube.com/watch

Gamespy has a nice hands-on introduction to the game for anyone who isn't very familiar with it yet. It also has a few tidbits for the rest of us i.e

pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-trek-online/1021786p1.html

Kotaku PAX Preview

kotaku.com/5352880/star-trek-online-preview-boldly-going-places

Another hands-on from a STO forum member

Forum member who went to PAX

VideoGamer.com Previews STO

www.videogamer.com/pc/star_trek_online/preview-1981.html

That is all at the moment. For those new to the game you should check out this thread forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php I will edit the post to include any new information.

Comments

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

Woot!

Thanks for getting this done.  That was a great experience doing those interviews and playing the demo.  Hope to be doing more of the playing part soon :)

• OuroborosAgnOuroborosAgn Member Posts: 16

Awesome post

There isnt a whole lot you can tell about the gameplay from the screenshots, It LOOKS amazing

The gameplay videos were a great place to get a taste for what the game will really be like

Looks like a lot of fun!

• theodoriktheodorik Member Posts: 7

This is actually pretty helpful.  We still don't know a lot about this game other than combat, but what I see is a good start!  I don't envy the work of turning a religion into an MMO, and have it be fun.

• OuroborosAgnOuroborosAgn Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by theodorik

I don't envy the work of turning a religion into an MMO, and have it be fun.

LOL I know right?

I can imagin not everyone will be 100% happy because its not what they envisoned, but still its a long way off til we see a finished product

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by theodorik

This is actually pretty helpful.  We still don't know a lot about this game other than combat, but what I see is a good start!  I don't envy the work of turning a religion into an MMO, and have it be fun.

Haha, yeah...  I really like what I've seen.  Many systems that will make or break a game havn't been released yet, but I'm really loving what I have seen/played.  Lets hope that correlates to the other stuff.

I also really like all the Devs I met at pax. They really seem to have their heads on straight about the direction they want to take STO. At this point it may be more about how much time they do or don't have to release on CBS's time line...

• SuricataSuricata Member Posts: 89

I must admit, when I saw the videos and screenshots any doubts I had about the game were wiped away almost immediatly, considering the game isn't even in beta yet it looked awesome.

---- "Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" ----

• GuardiousGuardious Member Posts: 81

After requests for this thread to be sticky, we reviewed the enclosed links and information and it's worthy! STICKY FTW!

• KhorolKhorol Member Posts: 8

Thanks for the sticky :D

There is a lot of great info from PAX, does anyone know what the next convention Cryptic will be at? If they put out the same amount of new info I'd be one happy camper :D

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Guardious

After requests for this thread to be sticky, we reviewed the enclosed links and information and it's worthy! STICKY FTW!

Thanks Guardious.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

lots of nice info. thanks for this

• apexearthapexearth Member Posts: 13

Excellent! Thanks for posting these links.

Let my love open the door.