Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good? bad? or jus plain ugly?

NatoBoyNatoBoy Member Posts: 25

i herd AO was pretty good but havent seen anything of it. does anyone know where to see some screenshots from and i wanna know your opinon on how good it really is. is it worth playing or would i be getting it to regret it??

Comments

• NemonyteNemonyte Member Posts: 49

AO was good when it came out, but now it's just plain ugly. If you don't want to pay to play, go for AO, it's the best free one available. If you can spare a few bucks, play WoW, or whateve else you like.

AO has a very steep learning curve, the graphics aren't much to smile about, the community is almost entirely made of NOOBs now(you can't expect much help, if no one knows whats going on). If its going to be your first MMO, it might turn you off to MMOs, remember the genre has come a long way.

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Well i played AO for about 3 to 4 months, but when i joined in everything was getting ready for Alien Invasion to hit. and when it did it pretty much fuked the game over for me. That being said its not for everybody because once you start in the game i warn you people are mean as hell when it comes to new players ingame if you are not a player who either catches on fast or is very independent I strongly would not advise the game.

It..Burns..

• RavenmgsRavenmgs Member Posts: 155

It actually has some pretty good newbie content, once you get past the newb content the game really starts falling apart. The learning curb is steep, but I like a moe complex mmo then the current batch of dumed down stuff there is out there, unfortunatly there really isn't anything out there that offers good complex game play and a game that's worth playing.

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    AO is great game really smooth really good but it will take a long time to get use to it im use to the command and stuff there just so many diffrent set ups for a character sends my brain into overdrive all these implants and items in the game its like whoa.

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209

Well i made a new char and spent a few hours in the newbie chat answering the same(and some new)questions over and over, seen others do the same so i would say there are a lot of helpfull people around, and the forum has a lot of good info.

Game is hard compared to many others and i for one think the graphics are okey, and it is nice to see the activity on the newbie channels compared to the ghost town that everquest have become.

• BlinxerBlinxer Member CommonPosts: 120

Everybody says its really hard to start and thats true. But once you get past the learning curve its a very good game.

• battleaxe22battleaxe22 Member UncommonPosts: 303

....I tried Star wars galaxies and dark age of camelot...ao didn`t seem hard 2 learn for me..of corse i sure asked high lvl peeps tons of questions but they where ok :).....  Gr8 game.....atlho the visuals arent updated :s.... In a  true role playing game .....the gameplay is the most important thng***

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Nemonyte
    AO has a very steep learning curve, the graphics aren't much to smile about, the community is almost entirely made of NOOBs now(you can't expect much help, if no one knows whats going on).

LOL

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

AO was good when it came out, but now it's just plain ugly. If you don't want to pay to play, go for AO, it's the best free one available. If you can spare a few bucks, play WoW, or whateve else you like.AO has a very steep learning curve, the graphics aren't much to smile about, the community is almost entirely made of NOOBs now(you can't expect much help, if no one knows whats going on). If its going to be your first MMO, it might turn you off to MMOs, remember the genre has come a long way. Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games
    lol most of the older players don't have the OOC channels up

Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

• Originally posted by NatoBoy

i herd AO was pretty good but havent seen anything of it. does anyone know where to see some screenshots from and i wanna know your opinon on how good it really is. is it worth playing or would i be getting it to regret it??

AO is arguably the best MMORPG currently out. It has TONS of revolutionary features that many new MMORPGs copied. Cut n Paste the links in my sig for screenshots of AO.

AO is currently FREEEE to play for ONE WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR! Ya better believe anything that is FREE for 1 year is worth checking out LOL!!!!

-Personal Website
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01
    DAoC
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives02

• Hooligan87Hooligan87 Member Posts: 6
    Another NOOB joining you tommorow.Cyas keep cool,hope i bloody enjoi the game or u all get knocked out.image soz jk.image

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Maxxx
    AO was good when it came out, but now it's just plain ugly. If you don't want to pay to play, go for AO, it's the best free one available. If you can spare a few bucks, play WoW, or whateve else you like.AO has a very steep learning curve, the graphics aren't much to smile about, the community is almost entirely made of NOOBs now(you can't expect much help, if no one knows whats going on). If its going to be your first MMO, it might turn you off to MMOs, remember the genre has come a long way. Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games
    lol most of the older players don't have the OOC channels up

Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

arghh..orphus.....avoid.....avoid......

• RavenmgsRavenmgs Member Posts: 155
    The game had allot of potential there for a while. I worked my way up into the bug hunters, professionals and eventually QA team. The developers don’t actually play the game, they just play RP characters that never get beyond level 50. Furthermore, they don’t listen to their players who play allot, they think they always know best regardless of the fact the development teams have switched more times then I can shake a stick at in the past 3 years. They make game play past 70 or so a gruelingly boring experience, chocked horrible class and equipment imbalances, and just plane frustrating game play elements. This game “had” potential, now that games like WoW and EQ2 are on the market, it’s really time to stick a fork in it because it’s done.