Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your connection speed?

I was watching this episode www.youtube.com/watch of the guild, it's not that old, and they talk about a T1 line as being awesome? I got a twice that speed and that's not really awesome, I could still get 3 times more.

so what speed do you guys/girls have? Just curious as to where's the average.

Comments

• moonlight21moonlight21 Member Posts: 67

I only have 2mbps connection.. but its ok with me, better than dial-up ahaha

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by moonlight21

Does anyone actually use dial up anymore? Must be very slow with all the contents on sites

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Inzra

Originally posted by moonlight21

Does anyone actually use dial up anymore? Must be very slow with all the contents on sites

Some people can't get anything but dial-up services at a reasonable cost. The world is a huge place. Some of those places are sparsely populated and/or too poor to afford otherwise. Comparing speeds of equivalent services is a valid comparison. Having an e-peen competition about something outside your control other than your or your sponsor's pocketbook is not.

As for the OP's original question. My Internet connection speed is appropriate to what I am paying for within the area I live.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • UshibaruUshibaru Member Posts: 65

i have 2 as well.. not so bad

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Inzra

Some people can't get anything but dial-up services at a reasonable cost. The world is a huge place. Some of those places are sparsely populated and/or too poor to afford otherwise. Comparing speeds of equivalent services is a valid comparison. Having an e-peen competition about something outside your control other than your or your sponsor's pocketbook is not.

As for the OP's original question. My Internet connection speed is appropriate to what I am paying for within the area I live.

My question is reasonable though, I knew someone that used to have dial up but had to get upgrade because he couldn't access the sites he went on properly, because the content took too long to download.

it's not out of your control to get a better connection if that is what you want, I moved twice before to get better connection.

Anyway just curious as to what speed people have, I know there's a lot that easily have better than me, so no brag thread for me.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I have around 10Mb/s on a cable connection. Not the best but good enough for me.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

20Mbps. Seems about average for gamers here in the Netherlands.

• ST09ST09 Member Posts: 9

I have 10Mbit cable connection, although my provider is doing upto 50Mbit now, would be nice too get a free upgrade, shame they dont see things my way  :p

• DeekuLimeDeekuLime Member Posts: 3

We just got Comcast. I believe we're supposed to have an 8mbps connection. Every time I test it though to the nearest server I usually get about 8-14mbps. However, when I test it on the San Jose server (on SpeedTest.net from SLC) I often get around 17-24mbps.

This is a big step up because we had DSL from Qwest and the connection was supposed to be 3mbps, but it was often half that.