Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dual wield class

DemonAuraDemonAura Member Posts: 90

so far im bored of mmos so i decided to play one that have my favorite class, dual wielding class (like assassins and fast attacks or similar)

i cant afford $$ so i can only play free ones

anyone have recommendation?

*so far i only can think of tales of pirates

*Rappelz had on of the best dual wielders, now the game doesnt attract me anymore

*rohan, no just no

*perfect world not that great

cant remember any more.

Comments

• lazyBilllazyBill Member Posts: 42

you can try s.u.n from ijji the dark knight is a duel wield / spear class i like it

Played:
    Lineage 2, World of Warcraft, Everquest 1, and 2 , Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo 2, Saga of Ryzom, Warhammer Online, Dark Ages of Camelot...etc

• Leg3nd4ry1Leg3nd4ry1 Member Posts: 39

You could try dungeons and dragons online. It recently went f2p and most of the classes have the option to dual wield, but rangers and rogues seem to get the best out of it. The game is f2p but it does have an online store to purchase in game items, but at least you have the ability to earn currency in game without purchasing any with real money first. Been playing it for a bit myself, definately not bad at the moment compared to some other f2p games out there. Quest system is a nice change from the typical "go kill X and bring me X back" type of thing and doesn't feel like a huge grindfest.

Also, its not completely free but guild wars: factions could be another alternative. There is a one time payment for the game but after that there are no more monthly fees and you can play as long as you want. It's not the first campaign in the series but all of them can be played individually without owning any of the previous ones. This particular campaign in the series introduced 2 new proffesions, the assassin and the ritualist. The assassin uses dual wield daggers and puts out some pretty impressive melee damage. The guild wars series has exceptional quality for the price. The graphics are still pretty impressive for a 4 year old game and it runs pretty well on most computers. This game has a strong PvE campaign mode combined with some pretty competitive pvp. They have a free trial on their website if you wanna give it a go, although it does not include the factions campaign. You get access to the first campaign in the series, but the additional classes are not there and the setting and story are different. Also the game is heavily instanced, which is a turn off for some people, but it (imo) is still an excelent game.

Runes of Magic, while i haven't got to play it myself, appears to have a dual wielding rogue class. I can't say much about it since i haven't got to try it yet, but it is f2p with optional mircrotransactions. I have heard good things about this game so it might be worth a look.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

DDO is F2P.  you have to get certain rewards to raise your level cap, but they can be gained by gaming, don't have to buy it at the store.

Dual wield is nice in DDO but DDO is not your average MMO.

no manna/health regen unless you hit a shrine(recharges 15 min for avg quest diff, for hard and elite, once per quest)

no open area per say(wanna do mindless hack and slash? not really here, they have kinda open areas, but it's ran just like the normal quests(u only get xp via completing quest objectives)

Game is 100% quest based.  If you ever played Pen and Paper AD&D then this is what DDO is.  some peeps love it, others hate it.

PvP - haven't seen it, heard it's kinda like arenea-ish, no idea mainly DDO is PvE

it's free, so you can't reallg go wrong wit that

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173

Runes of Magic has a rogue class that gets dual wield at level 16.  The stacking of other rogue skills also means that dual-wielding daggers cause massive short-term damage. 

I play a rogue and it is alot of fun (it is also faster than other classes and can jump farther).

• DemonAuraDemonAura Member Posts: 90

thanks for the help,

just went to check them.

sun online wasnt that bad but i cant seem to get what it offers

D&D is nice but is there actualy alot of ppl play it or will it be like a deserted game where players only meet at a certain spot /spots

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by DemonAura

so far im bored of mmos so i decided to play one that have my favorite class, dual wielding class (like assassins and fast attacks or similar)
    i cant afford $$ so i can only play free ones
    anyone have recommendation?
    *so far i only can think of tales of pirates
    *Rappelz had on of the best dual wielders, now the game doesnt attract me anymore
    *rohan, no just no
    *perfect world not that great
    cant remember any more.

if your comp is old i got no idea 

if your comp is 3 year or newer try 

sun its a fair game but look bad if you got an old computer

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Originally posted by GidSlack

Runes of Magic has a rogue class that gets dual wield at level 16.  The stacking of other rogue skills also means that dual-wielding daggers cause massive short-term damage. 
    I play a rogue and it is alot of fun (it is also faster than other classes and can jump farther).

Yes, a rogue from ROM. I also think it is the best free MMORPG out there.

• XtrizXtriz Member UncommonPosts: 48

Dual Weild on DDO its really nice - www.ddo.com

Like Fantasy Sidescroller? Join http://blixtenquest.com now !

• Leg3nd4ry1Leg3nd4ry1 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by DemonAura

thanks for the help,
    just went to check them.
    sun online wasnt that bad but i cant seem to get what it offers
    D&D is nice but is there actualy alot of ppl play it or will it be like a deserted game where players only meet at a certain spot /spots

Acctually im not sure how ddo was before it went free, but turbine has stated that there has been a large influx of players since it went free. I can let you know that there is now plenty of people playing, at least there is on the servers ive tried. Sarlona and Ghallanda are both populated pretty well so im sure the others have plenty of people on them.