Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halo ODST: What are the great players doing that I'm not-I just don't get it?

I'm hitting the head shots--but im not getting the kills.

If I receive the head-shot im dead almost instantly.

What are the good players doing?

Moving more?

Is there a trick to firing weapons?

Is it lag?

...I can own at a game like Call of Duty 2, what am I missing?

Thanks.

Comments

• OneonOneon Member Posts: 26

Depends on what weapon you're using. if its just an Assault Rifle or something like that it takes more that one headshot to make a kill.

You're probably being insta-killed by snipers more than likely.

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by Oneon

Depends on what weapon you're using. if its just an Assault Rifle or something like that it takes more that one headshot to make a kill.

So, in your opinion, would you say that the weapon choice is the most important factor in getting kills (other than aiming of course)? If so, other than the sniper rifle, what weapons would you recommend?

And if that's the case--I suppose another important factor would be to know where the those weapons can be found.

Ive seen "one or two shotters" come from various other weapons too...actually even the pistol.

I think i'll start looking for a weapon that really works for me, and figure out if I can find them on the maps.

Thanks man

• WindsurferWindsurfer Member UncommonPosts: 83

The magnum(pistol) can one shot you in the head. If your host you have an advantage over other players because your shots will register before theirs. That is why I hate having players being the host of games rather than servers. Some players can be really laggy hosts and screw the match up for everyone but themselves.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

Coming from a high skill level, I will tell you it's all about positioning. You're not out-thinking your opponent. Skill with only get you so far.

• moonlight21moonlight21 Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by xanphia

Coming from a high skill level, I will tell you it's all about positioning. You're not out-thinking your opponent. Skill with only get you so far.

Agreed!! you just need to know where and how you can use your weapon power in 100%. Like when using a sniper, you doesn't need to be too far.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Blackwell99

Originally posted by Oneon

So, in your opinion, would you say that the weapon choice is the most important factor in getting kills (other than aiming of course)? If so, other than the sniper rifle, what weapons would you recommend?

And if that's the case--I suppose another important factor would be to know where the those weapons can be found.

Ive seen "one or two shotters" come from various other weapons too...actually even the pistol.

I think i'll start looking for a weapon that really works for me, and figure out if I can find them on the maps.

Thanks man

Strong suggestion, the only two weapons you need in the game, plasma pistol and automag (scoped pistol)

Plasma pistol is under-rated, one overcharged shot can stun vehicles and shut them down like a power drain. If you're on legendary, plasma pistol is also great for when you have those nasty brutes you need to get rid of, charge the pistol shoot the brute, his armor falls off instantly, switch to your mag and headshot. it's an achievment called "My Clothes!" but it is the best way to kill things in the game. Headshots are your friend, infact that's all I ever get. (Unless I attempt to kill an engineer.)

Strong weapons are used for hunters.

When tilt's on, the only weapons that pierce armor are convenant, so plasma pistol's still great to shoot their armor off.

Good luck!

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• OneonOneon Member Posts: 26

I think he was talking about online multiplayer, actually, heh.

• MattTreckMattTreck Member Posts: 5

Really, im not doing anything special lol....