Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US giant bunker-buster bomb project rushed since Iran's Qom site discovered

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Now we are talking.

The Pentagon has brought forward to December 2009 the target-date for producing the first 15-ton super bunker-buster bomb (GBU-57A/B) Massive Ordinance Penetrator, which can reach a depth of 60.09 meters underground before exploding. DEBKAfile's military sources report that top defense agencies and air force units were also working against the clock to adapt the bay of a B2a Stealth bomber for carrying and delivering the bomb.

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Massive Ordinance Penetrator

So that's why the ladies called me MOP.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

If it's being talked about, we already have it.  

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I have been calling for these for years ... 'bout damn time.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Mosy unimpressive, yet one of the most effective weapons currently in development.  You see some of the bombs they test and you can't help but be in awe of the explosion.  With a bunker-buster you just see smoke after the fact.

I wonder if these can be used effectively to losen gravel in civilian applications.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Cleffy

Mosy unimpressive, yet one of the most effective weapons currently in development.  You see some of the bombs they test and you can't help but be in awe of the explosion.  With a bunker-buster you just see smoke after the fact.
    I wonder if these can be used effectively to losen gravel in civilian applications.

Good way of removing a concrete slab :P

O_o o_O