Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

semi-OT: guildleve?

svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I was just wondering whether the guildleve was a word invented by ff11 or whether it is an actual japanese word or modified from japanese.  Seems odd to me.

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

guildleve= guild grant = an area set aside for a group of people.

"God leve all be well. --Chaucer. "  So it is kind of like saying god willing, so its guild willing, or willed by the guild and guild could be meaning linkshell or more likely just any group of like minded people set on a task.

It is just a translation of a term that probably sounds much better in it's native language (and is likely a pretty accurate literal translation just the word leve is not common use anymore).  Might be changed by the time game comes out, then again looking at many things in FFXI might not.  I don't care really either way as after a while they become FF-isms that make perfect sense to pretty much everyone playing the game.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Lol up till now I thought it was "guild leave" *sigh* poor dewm...can't read..

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos