Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unfortunately

thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

The community sucks as much donkey D as the WoW community.  Other than that...the game is a lot of fun.  Nothing new but still fun all the same...and I don't need to have something new or innovative to have fun.  So if we can get rid of all the people that paid $50.00 for a chat room to talk about WoW, how much sex they are having at the moment, how much they can bench press, and how much better at life they are than you then we will have us a good game.

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yeah, the community is really bad.  The pugs I've been in have been fine but chat in the channels in this game has been for the dogs.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by thafireball

So if we can get rid of all the people that paid $50.00 for a chat room to talk about WoW, how much sex they are having at the moment, how much they can bench press, and how much better at life they are than you then we will have us a good game.

Ah yes, one of adventages of having role play servers is no that kind of talk.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Yeah, the community is really bad.  The pugs I've been in have been fine but chat in the channels in this game has been for the dogs.

Actually I find the chat channels to be a great source of amusement while grinding; the only thing that bothers me while playing is kill stealing. Having 3 boxers take your mobs (most likely bots as well) is really no fun. 

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

Don't really mind them unless they effect my actual game enjoyment. For example, as already mentioned, PUGs and kill stealing. The majority of the people you hear on the global seem to be doing more chatting than playing, so I rarely ever actually see them in-game. They're for the most part bouncing around acting stupid in the towns and paying $15 a month for an oversized chat room. Which is fine by me, they can spend their money however they please. The PUGs, for the most part, have been fine for me. I've only run into two idiots, one causing our group to completely disban since we just couldn't take it any longer, and another idiot we just ended up kicking and going about our own merry ways. I definitely do not PvP in PUGs; they're with my guild or gaming friends who have also given Aion a try. Currently only 26 though so I'm just getting into it. Hey, if anything, they could be seen as a benefit in some ways. They certainly will most likely act as a good fodder when I finally do get around to serious PvP. And it will be hilarious to hear their whines and QQquits due to "imbalance".

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230

eh, you really can't base an entire community based on global chats. Most of the idiots consist of 1-2% of each server population, which isn't much. I've come across a lot of cool and normal people while grouping etc.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm most in usa went back  to wow so within a week we should have a nice comunity

most that tried aion left when beta closed in usa

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

mm most in usa went back  to wow so within a week we should have a nice comunity

What is it with you and this Americans ruining gaming bullshit?  Give it a rest already.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by drbaltazar

What is it with you and this Americans ruining gaming bullshit?  Give it a rest already.

check on server choice you ll get your own answer,

server were all full last week with lineup on a bunch

that was last week

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

Drbaltzar is probably French Canadian that would explain the hate.

• silencexmesilencexme Member UncommonPosts: 4

i give it til their free 30days end. then we'll start getting some REAL communitty going on. And less back talk. i say if this doesnt kill the community then its just going to get stronger as days go by.

any one else get the feeling that you're being watched...? OMG LOOK ITS LOOKING AT US, THAT PERSON! YOU IN THE CHAIR WITH YOUR MMO FACE ON! YEAH YOU!!!