Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the truth about Aion

2»

Comments

• mrbbmanmrbbman Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by oakthornn
    I'm so relieved to hear it gets harder and harder as you level! That means all the WoW kiddies with no patience will quit by the time they hit 26. What's even better is all the, complaining, idiot griefing fans of CS, Halo, etc will quit even before that!
    The grind doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I welcome it.. Aion already reminds me of old style EQ where it took a LONG time to reach 50 back when the game was first released. You think 8 hours to level is bad??? Try a week of 6hour + grinding each day during hell levels just to go from 30-31,,,,, 35-36,,, 40-41,,, 45-46,, etc! I kid you not. It took me a good week to level one level during hell levels which basically took you twice as long to level than other regular levels. Even the non hell levels took a good 16+ hours of nonstop grinding to level!
    This is one reason why only the dedicated true hardcore fans of EQ reached max level. These same people understood what  respect, honor, and kindness meant to one another.  You didn't see a bunch of us running aroud trying to steal mob kills, roll on rare boss loot they cant use out of greed, nor did you see them ks someone's camp. The types of people who do this won't be the ones playing Aion past 25. And I say to you mmo killers, don't let the door hit u on the way out.. 

I'm here to stay :)

It was one of the things I liked about EQ. A more difficult leveling curve means you have to become a good player, and work well with a group to get to the high levels. This means that your chances of finding a "ninja looter" or a someone who is totally clueless is minimized. High level play was fun and challenging. It may take me awhile to level since I can only play casually right now, but I'd rather have a bit of challenge in an MMO these days. Taking the challenge out of the game ruins the sense of accomplishment.

That said, I do wish there were more areas to explore. Perhpas they will be sufficient. I can get my exploration fix on the crafting system and gathering, for now I suppose.

True Neutral Half-Elf Ranger Mage
    Follower Of Silvanus

Kings of Chaos! Free to play! Great PvP!

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Eben

Originally posted by Blacknd

Sounds about right.
    It still doesn't rival the grinds in Perfect World and Final Fantasy XI, but still, it sounds about right.
    Finally I can get that sense of accomplishment for hitting cap, again :P

You get a sense of accomplishment for repeatedly clicking the same buttons killing the same mobs for hours at a time...?

HARDCORE!!!

Not quite. I get a sense of accomplishment for the culmination of the work put in. Damn your reading comprehension is terrible, as is your trolling.

.. But in a good way.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

Not quite. I get a sense of accomplishment for the culmination of the work put in. Damn your reading compehension is terrible, as is your trolling.

So you're saying that the journey there doesn't matter? For some people, like myself, it's the process of getting to max level and experiencing the content; end game is mostly the end of the game for me.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

Originally posted by //\//\oo

Not quite. I get a sense of accomplishment for the culmination of the work put in. Damn your reading compehension is terrible, as is your trolling.

So you're saying that the journey there doesn't matter? For some people, like myself, it's the process of getting to max level and experiencing the content; end game is mostly the end of the game for me.

Yes the journey matters, as you're paying to play a game to enjoy yourself and if you journey is unenjoyable, chances are they are going to lose your money.

But honestly to each their own, I know many people where the journey doesn't mean anything compared to the destination when it comes to MMOs.

.. But in a good way.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Sounds about right.
    It still doesn't rival the grinds in Perfect World and Final Fantasy XI, but still, it sounds about right.

You get a sense of accomplishment for repeatedly clicking the same buttons killing the same mobs for hours at a time...?

HARDCORE!!!

Unlike you, most of us get a sense of accomplishment after succesfully overcoming an actual challenge. Unless, offcourse, you see "boredom" as a challenge itself (I think you do, heh).

Not to mention you see it as "work". No offense, but you come across as someone with not much else to do. Your fault though, not mine :).

Oh well.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I guess OP never bothered joining a PvP group from time to time in the abyss.

If I get tired of PvEing, whether it be questing or exp or dungeon runs, I just go PvP some. Hell at 25 you can start participating in keep sieges right?

Theirs plenty to do, i'd say the OP decided to grind.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Sounds about right.

HARDCORE!!!

Not to mention you see it as "work". No offense, but you come across as someone with not much else to do. Your fault though, not mine :).

When it comes to MMOs, that is very true, I feel I've tried most of what I would find interesting. Yet I still like the genre and want to continue with it.

.. But in a good way.

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

I don't think people mind grinding so long as the grinding is no bland and mindless, to me it is fine to quest or kill mobs to level but when it becomes a mindless rinse and repeat it becomes a grind and unappealing.

It is funny though, you see the same arguments form on this subject as you do on so called hardcore PvP (i.e. gank or be ganked).  There are just some people who get off on sticking it out in things most people find annoying or unappealing as that gives them a sense of accomplishment that they did what others couldn't (though I think in reality they only did what others didn't want to bother with which is a big difference).  There is nothing in Aion that is particularly hard or hardcore, the whole PvE is just one big timesink to mask the small world and limited content.  This isn't the worst thing ever, it just is what it is.  A few will enjoy persevering through the mindless grind parts just as a few will get kicks out of feeling they have some special gaming skill because they and their guild can rift in and wipe through ungrouped and unprepared opposing faction members.  To each their own, but let's be honest that this is a test of patience and not skill in any way.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Sounds about right.

HARDCORE!!!

When it comes to MMOs, that is very true, I feel I've tried most of what I would find interesting. Yet I still like the genre and want to continue with it.

Well, Ille just leave it at the fact that I dont understand. I myself gave up MMO's some time ago. The more of them I played, the sooner I found myself realizing how everything gets so repetitive in each and every one of them. That, and I found myself quitting the next one sooner than the last.

Personally, I get more satisfaction out of a game of COD4 or League of Legends than any MMO. Atleast at this point. I still like the genre as well, but my time is simply better spent doing something else.

But hey, still keeping my eyes open and playing trials of future MMO's, hoping one of them can grasp me like the ones 6/7 years ago did.

• AlesteAleste Member Posts: 64

Lots of agenda in the Aion threads.

What is a Quest ? its merely a way to guise the repetitive process of grinding. Aside from the few ones that contain story elements. And if that is the case then you can easily replace 'Quest' with Exp farming Party to guise the grind.

Just get a party and have fun. It won't feel repetitive and you can occasionally enter a rift and enjoy some World PvP.

Improve Aion's Graphics with a simple text file that you can create by yourself:

-Increase in-game Field of View to 175% or more

-Increase view distance for players to 100 meters with camera at max distance

-Lots of other settings

Learn how by reading this guide at Aionsource

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

10 hours for 1 Lv when u get to Lv30 thats good , sesh.. what do u want to be lv50 in 1 week or somthing , theres already people on my server that are lv42 and its only been out what almost 2 weeks.. so give it a break .. hard grind my ass..

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

I've had little-to-no problem having to "Grind" out a level.

Maybe it's because I keep my crafting and extraction skills up to date, and getting them up usually nets me a couple bars of exp each?

Have you tried doing the dungeon at 25? You gain like a level in there just by itself.  You are making sure to do the campaign quests, right?  And have you gone back to Eltnen (or to wherever the Asmos would like to go) to see if there are new quests? I remember going back there at about 27 and there were a LOT at the Golden Bough Camp place. Lot of killing quests, too, so you'll gain exp AS you're doing the quests.

After that, some quests should be opening up near Agairon Village in the SouthEast.

TL;DR? Do Dungeon. Go back to old Lv20 zone. Get crafting/extraction up-to-date.