Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Left 4 Dead rage quitters

ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Ok so first steam ID is masterchief258 I play under S00N3R FR3AK shoot me a invite if you want.

Anyways so I have seen in some games when we make a mad rush for the safe room someone straggles behind because they aren't paying attention. Recently in mercy lvl 4 me and another person hit the room while someone else fell behind.(I was at 6 health he was in green and he started ahead of me his fault) We choose to leave him as he was swamped and all 4 infected were waiting. I was going down in one hit and the other player wasn't moving. This guy gets mad then leaves after there round. I don't get 1 L4D seems to have the most rage quits. 2 one person goes they die, one goes and I cover we are easy to take out as Im one hit away from going down. We sit and take our double points and he gets pissed. What do yall think we should have done? I have seen several teams screw themselves over when they go back for that one guy, mine included. I just don't feel like its worth giving up a mulitplyer for one person.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

It's only a game.  Play it again.  All the levels are getting boring. Who really cares?   Hell, I jump around to different games when I get in a game with a bunch of jerks or no one has voice.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

yeah, i dont normally play with pubs for that reason, i play with people i at least know,

i added you by the way if you ever want to play

its SAUSAGE!!!!!

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by SgtFrog

yeah, i dont normally play with pubs for that reason, i play with people i at least know,

its SAUSAGE!!!!!

Thanks, I will look for you.  SAUSAGE?  LOL

unique name

Originally posted by outfctrl

its SAUSAGE!!!!!

unique name

lol thanks :p

Best food evaaaa

its SAUSAGE!!!!!

unique name

Best food evaaaa

I added you.  Just   SAUSAGE            Do I need to add the exclamation points?

Said you havent played in a year...LOL

its SAUSAGE!!!!!

unique name

Best food evaaaa

I added you.  Just   SAUSAGE            Do I need to add the exclamation points?

Said you havent played in a year...LOL

I think you are adding the wrong person :P

just add me from here

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

although i've been tempted to just get out of a game when the team is doing bad, i usually just stick and hope they leave instead. i play a little slow sometimes so i guard the rear and i dont mind being left behind. sometimes i intentionally lag behind and attract the horde so my teamates can rush to the safe house. and yes i agree that sometimes its better to just leave a teamate if its risky for the group to go out and help. heck, some people i play with will actually incap teamates to save the whole team XD

• serudanthserudanth Member Posts: 13

lol rage quitters. i agree that they can get annoying. but in my opinion... if they're liabilities, let them die and quit.  an NPC might even be a better substitute. even at times when i get caught offguard and i know i'm done for, i don't tell everyone to come get me. i just watch and enjoy the free horror-rehash that floows afterwards. it's part of the game, people can't expect to give their lives for a situation thats too risky.

• Jester47Jester47 Member Posts: 90

I'm a rage quitter myself.  I can not stand bad teams or players. I understand that inexperienced players need experience to learn, but I don't want to dedicate so much time with a frustrating experience. Since co-op action games are getting more popular, I really start to feel somewhat elitist when people can't do basic stuff... kind of like those in MMOs. If you're new, then that's perfectly fine, but a lot of action games which are easy to pick up and play and with team mates that tell you how to win still have players who've played for a decent amount of time still being awful.

That's generally why  I don't like online co-op. You have to have a group of friends that play like you to avoid wanting to kill yourself.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

I can see it if the team really sucks. But just today some guy joins and starts right off calling us noobs and my friends on the other clan fags. Lets see on No Mercy part 4 he runs way ahead and starts the elevator event way before we can get to him. Well of course we get caught up in the zombies and he gets killed by a hunter. Don't know if he quit then or when again he did something stupid later. I think that one match we went through 10 people on my team. 4 or 5 were because of the "clan fags" which most did call them to our own enjoyment. Others came in did something stupid didn't even die but left. It amazes me how many I see that just join do something stupid and quit, or the ones who put up with shitty team mates then leave in the finale. Or bad players who think they are the shit but aren't and do nothing but blame their teammates. Which I just laugh at and chose to not help em hoping they leave.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• TJourneyTJourney Member Posts: 6

Left 4 Dead's game mechanics create an environment of rage quitting. It's very easy to become frustrated with your teammates due to the importance of them, and it's even easier to join a random server. The game fosters an environment of quitting when things are going poorly, then joining a new server to try again.

I discussed this more in detail in Episode 9 of the GAC Podcast:

www.cyberneticpunks.com/media/gac_ep9.mp3