Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Flaws of Runescape

Comments

• Mem_of_POESMem_of_POES Member Posts: 4

I must say, Runescape WAS a great game. You could farm all the noobs running into the wilderness, and as you got higher up you could kill anyone, get anything! I remember the scariest moment was running north of Varrock at level 15 and seeing everyone killing each other. Fishing was the greatest way to make cash: fish up a bunch of lobsters, cook 'em, then sell them for whatever price you wanted.  Mining and woodcutting were OK, but fishing was the way to go.

That was years ago. I recently checked on my account...and was pissed. The skillers were still skilling, the wilderness GONE, and the GE destroyed the economy. Now, you MUST sell your items at whatever price JaGeX wants you to. The pyramid schemes screw up you buying anything, so it made a horrible update even worse.

I also remember a friend of mine complaining when RS died. That was the end of the Wilderness, and the end of RS being fun. He got his account banned because he was one of the protestors in Falador. He and I would do everything on there together, from PVP to grinding because 1. I trusted him to not turn around and start fighting me and 2. grinding was and is boring as hell.

I remember the first time I got hacked: it was my 1st account, I was level 26, and I logged out for the night. The next day, I try to log in, and my account was "locked due to believed hacking". I was mad, but I thought, "Hey it's just a game." I was 10 at the time, one of the kids learning to swear (I do admit it. Now, I only swear when nessesary, in other games.). I also remember when I got scammed by a mod. And, yes I do realize it was a 9 year old kid thinking he was smart.

Now, RS is a place of programs running around skilling up and 9 and 10 year old kids learning to swear. I am pissed at JaGeX because they let this go. They didn't listen to suggestions, like super-skilling items like an auto-cooker or a fast-pick. They gave us capes and harassment. They could've made a great game. Instead, they completely destroyed it for the players and themselves.

It would've been a lot easier if Mace Windu just shot Palpatine in the head.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

another flaw of runescape

* after people play this game too long they go out into the rest of the world and can no longer speak normally to others. They use words like " dun" , "ur" , and "cuz" and have to be retaught how to think and speak again.

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by deviliscious

* after people play this game too long they go out into the rest of the world and can no longer speak normally to others. They use words like " dun" , "ur" , and "cuz" and have to be retaught how to think and speak again.

i bet u also use it in other place like messaging too.

imageimage

Originally posted by Mem_of_POES

I must say, Runescape WAS a great game. You could farm all the noobs running into the wilderness, and as you got higher up you could kill anyone, get anything! I remember the scariest moment was running north of Varrock at level 15 and seeing everyone killing each other. Fishing was the greatest way to make cash: fish up a bunch of lobsters, cook 'em, then sell them for whatever price you wanted.  Mining and woodcutting were OK, but fishing was the way to go.
    That was years ago. I recently checked on my account...and was pissed. The skillers were still skilling, the wilderness GONE, and the GE destroyed the economy. Now, you MUST sell your items at whatever price JaGeX wants you to. The pyramid schemes screw up you buying anything, so it made a horrible update even worse.
    I also remember a friend of mine complaining when RS died. That was the end of the Wilderness, and the end of RS being fun. He got his account banned because he was one of the protestors in Falador. He and I would do everything on there together, from PVP to grinding because 1. I trusted him to not turn around and start fighting me and 2. grinding was and is boring as hell.
    I remember the first time I got hacked: it was my 1st account, I was level 26, and I logged out for the night. The next day, I try to log in, and my account was "locked due to believed hacking". I was mad, but I thought, "Hey it's just a game." I was 10 at the time, one of the kids learning to swear (I do admit it. Now, I only swear when nessesary, in other games.). I also remember when I got scammed by a mod. And, yes I do realize it was a 9 year old kid thinking he was smart.
    Now, RS is a place of programs running around skilling up and 9 and 10 year old kids learning to swear. I am pissed at JaGeX because they let this go. They didn't listen to suggestions, like super-skilling items like an auto-cooker or a fast-pick. They gave us capes and harassment. They could've made a great game. Instead, they completely destroyed it for the players and themselves.

runescape wase a average for my option,kaspesrsky anti virus i used as not problem of getting hack,but most important don't trust anyone 100% as u know human are greedy.

well player suggestion sometime cannot work with the java technology or the ideas like crazy that impossible like free money everyday lol that spoil fun,You know jagex have facebook ,twitter to commication with player now.more information, vist runescape forum under jagex contact.

imageimage

Originally posted by ng_min_teck

No, No I do not.  I speaka English. You have a keyboard, utilize it.   People cannot understand "dun", well you could be meaning "dung" and forgot the "g".  like when you say " i dung". Now it makes complete sense.

No, No I do not.  I speaka English. You have a keyboard, utilize it.   People cannot understand "dun", well you could be meaning "dung" and forgot the "g".  like when you say " i dung". Now it makes complete sense.

speaka i don't understand ,are you mean i speak a english?it seen wrong sentence. you could be meaning?what it mean?

imageimage

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

speaka i don't understand ,are you mean i speak a english?it seen wrong sentence. you could be meaning?what it mean?

Clearly a mix-up of replies now, ng_min_tech I believe Devillicious isn't commenting of your writing. I also agree with her comment that modern kids words like 'dun dat' instead of 'i've done that' is totally modern kids laziness and since already that adult work world is so sick of Generation Y wanting most money for least work ever without dirt on their fingers, then kids playing the game won't be wanted for jobs to earn income much at all with such useless communication ability.

As far as Ruinedscape goes, life after it is so much better and quitting online game playing certainly makes everyone including myself so much more healthier again. The least number ever plays a game far harder than it ever was before and only fools will want to be toyed with regardless of their level or skills simply as an experiment to improve other games at the cost of RS members. Get outside to get some sun to have Vitamin D to stop the flu & fatal disease, life is a gift unlike a group of pixels that takes over your mind calling itself a RPG game!

Originally posted by Jalice888

Clearly a mix-up of replies now, ng_min_tech I believe Devillicious isn't commenting of your writing. I also agree with her comment that modern kids words like 'dun dat' instead of 'i've done that' is totally modern kids laziness and since already that adult work world is so sick of Generation Y wanting most money for least work ever without dirt on their fingers, then kids playing the game won't be wanted for jobs to earn income much at all with such useless communication ability.

As far as Ruinedscape goes, life after it is so much better and quitting online game playing certainly makes everyone including myself so much more healthier again. The least number ever plays a game far harder than it ever was before and only fools will want to be toyed with regardless of their level or skills simply as an experiment to improve other games at the cost of RS members. Get outside to get some sun to have Vitamin D to stop the flu & fatal disease, life is a gift unlike a group of pixels that takes over your mind calling itself a RPG game!

as u said generation y wanting most money? i don't get it

imageimage

hmm mike470 are you ranting about jagex or support make me confuse

http://www.mechscapeworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9388

imageimage

LOL " speaka" is a JOKE.  I do not " speaka English. You need your sarcasm detector turned on.

Honest people do both. There are pro's and con's to all games, and  pointing out what those are helps devlopers better understand what people enjoy.

I was one of runescapes biggest defenders before they went totally in the wrong direction with the game. They made poor choices, I am not going to defend choices I do not agree with.

Mike is honest about their games, I respect that.

Honest people do both. There are pro's and con's to all games, and  pointing out what those are helps devlopers better understand what people enjoy.

I was one of runescapes biggest defenders before they went totally in the wrong direction with the game. They made poor choices, I am not going to defend choices I do not agree with.

as you said there is pro and con of all game why u intend runescape suck lol? i just honestly defend it to those people spoil the image of runescape.

in my view runescape is average ,the best game i play so far is lineage2 that i like seign war ,clan collect tax ,spell etc

imageimage

as you said there is pro and con of all game why u intend runescape suck lol? i just honestly defend it to those people spoil the image of runescape.

in my view runescape is average ,the best game i play so far is lineage2 that i like seign war ,clan collect tax ,spell etc

I have repeatedly On these forums stated the pros and cons on Runescape. The reason I say they suck is the cons far outweigh the good. The  Biggest reason they suck is because they do not respect their player base, and have repeatedly told them one thing and done another. I do not respect a company that does not tell their players the truth.  When they say one thing and their actions do another, or they make up excuses that  the majority of the gaiming industry knows not to be true, how is that deserving of respect?

If they had respected their customers, told them the truth and at least made an attempt to  address players concerns with a friendly, informative manner, rather than be rude I might feel different. Their biggest fault is poor customer service, and ignoring player concerns. It honestly appears as if they think of what would be the best thing they could do to the game, and then do the exact opposite.  That is madness...

I have repeatedly On these forums stated the pros and cons on Runescape. The reason I say they suck is the cons far outweigh the good. The  Biggest reason they suck is because they do not respect their player base, and have repeatedly told them one thing and done another. I do not respect a company that does not tell their players the truth.  When they say one thing and their actions do another, or they make up excuses that  the majority of the gaiming industry knows not to be true, how is that deserving of respect?

If they had respected their customers, told them the truth and at least made an attempt to  address players concerns with a friendly, informative manner, rather than be rude I might feel different. Their biggest fault is poor customer service, and ignoring player concerns. It honestly appears as if they think of what would be the best thing they could do to the game, and then do the exact opposite.  That is madness...

well u mean f2p can play member thing?lol you know some ideas is not possible at all,like people ask for change name and it just have it that player allow to change user name,jagex already do the best their can already,java technolgoy cannot expect much that if may crash because in that time the java technology are not good ,see ajax in wikipedia and you will know what i mean ,jagex main goal is play the game with download and the speed is fast,but many people ideas about need alot action ,this cause slow or lag in game.jagex already have q&a seesion and you can contact them by facebook,twiiter and more too so they already attempt to address their customer.

imageimage

well u mean f2p can play member thing?

No, I do not mean that at all. never refered to the F2P game, only the paying customers. I have no idea what you are refering to.

lol you know some ideas is not possible at all,like people ask for change name and it just have it that player allow to change user name,jagex already do the best their can already,java technolgoy cannot expect much that if may crash because in that time the java technology are not good

Name change is such a minor feature, purely for cosmetic reasons and has no effect on actual gameplay. I could care less about name change features and feel this was a complete waste of developer time. There are so many more things that need to be addressed that are not cosmetic.

,see ajax in wikipedia and you will know what i mean ,jagex main goal is play the game with download and the speed is fast,but many people ideas about need alot action ,this cause slow or lag in game.jagex already have q&a seesion and you can contact them by facebook,twiiter and more too so they already attempt to address their customer.

Why are you refering to the wiki?  Even in schools here if you use the Wiki as a refernce your professor will throw your paper away and laugh you out of the classroom.

It is not the method they contact, but rather  the quality of their service. This is just another way Jagex avoids solving the problem.  Customer service should be friendly, knowlegdeable, and genuinely try to adress their customers concerns.  Sure they can handle nonimportant minor things, but when it comes to a real reason to contact customer support they are rude, and ignorant about the situation, either that or they do not bother responding  at all.

The only ideas it seems they consider are that of their target audeince " kids" . the ones that are for practical application to improve the games for adults are ignored.

Did you read this entire thread before posting?  you have not addressed any of the content of this actual thread. Maybe it is a language barrier and you do not understand.

I do not think the games flaws have anything to do with the f2p content or name changes .. or unpractical application. It has to do with common sense.

No, I do not mean that at all. never refered to the F2P game, only the paying customers. I have no idea what you are refering to.

lol you know some ideas is not possible at all,like people ask for change name and it just have it that player allow to change user name,jagex already do the best their can already,java technolgoy cannot expect much that if may crash because in that time the java technology are not good

Name change is such a minor feature, purely for cosmetic reasons and has no effect on actual gameplay. I could care less about name change features and feel this was a complete waste of developer time. There are so many more things that need to be addressed that are not cosmetic.

,see ajax in wikipedia and you will know what i mean ,jagex main goal is play the game with download and the speed is fast,but many people ideas about need alot action ,this cause slow or lag in game.jagex already have q&a seesion and you can contact them by facebook,twiiter and more too so they already attempt to address their customer.

Why are you refering to the wiki?  Even in schools here if you use the Wiki as a refernce your professor will throw your paper away and laugh you out of the classroom.

It is not the method they contact, but rather  the quality of their service. This is just another way Jagex avoids solving the problem.  Customer service should be friendly, knowlegdeable, and genuinely try to adress their customers concerns.  Sure they can handle nonimportant minor things, but when it comes to a real reason to contact customer support they are rude, and ignorant about the situation, either that or they do not bother responding  at all.

The only ideas it seems they consider are that of their target audeince " kids" . the ones that are for practical application to improve the games for adults are ignored.

Did you read this entire thread before posting?  you have not addressed any of the content of this actual thread. Maybe it is a language barrier and you do not understand.

I do not think the games flaws have anything to do with the f2p content or name changes .. or unpractical application. It has to do with common sense.

jagex customer service is friendly thought as you said why use wiki becuase that is evidence and reliable source ,as you said people can anyhow edit but do you know they will check it that wheather is true or false,and i just tell you how wiki work that if people try anyhow editing repeating ,they will use ip ban to ban you

as i said jagex customer service is friendly that they commucation with player by facebook,youtube,twiiter,jagex q&a session.i already repeat lot of time but you still don'y get it

imageimage

jagex customer service is friendly thought as you said why use wiki becuase that is evidence and reliable source ,as you said people can anyhow edit but do you know they will check it that wheather is true or false,and i just tell you how wiki work that if people try anyhow editing repeating ,they will use ip ban to ban you

as i said jagex customer service is friendly that they commucation with player by facebook,youtube,twiiter,jagex q&a session.i already repeat lot of time but you still don'y get it

LOL wanna make a bet. Go to the OT section and  ask if WIKI is a reliable source for anything and you will get laughed out of the forum.  

I  am not letting you live that one down. HAHAHAHHA wiki as reliable that is funny right there. I wonder what they are teaching you in schools there if they accept wiki as reliable. LMAO

CUstomer service is supposed to be

1. friendly

2. knowledgable about their product

3. genuinely try to help their customers solve any issues or concerns they may have.

It does not matter if they have facebook, twitter, question and A.  What matters is when you contact them it is how  your concerns are addressed. Not the methods they have to promote their game.

Do they have a phone number where you can call and talk to a live person to help you step by step solve your problem?

Do they have a live chat where they can  talk to you one on one to help you solve an issue?

When you write them in regards to an issue, are they prompt, knowledgeable and give a personal response directly addressing your issue?

NO they do not. And if you read what many other have said on this forum, they were not just rude to me. They have been rude repeatedly to many players.

More on WIKI:  

Patent and trade office Wiki UNRELIABLE

Wikipedia determined as unreliable source for school work by students

There is a very high instance of errors in Wikipedia.

1. Wikipedia

A free encyclopedia where average people can make an account and rant with false information about people or things that they hate, and naive Americans will pass it as truth because they're too lazy to look for a more reliable source.

lol you still don't understand the system nevermind you will know until you are one of the admin,like you said about customer service that they already improve that you don't belive you can ask your friend mike that jagex actually commcation with them in facebook,twiiter etc.

imageimage

lol you still don't understand the system nevermind you will know until you are one of the admin,like you said about customer service that they already improve that you don't belive you can ask your friend mike that jagex actually commcation with them in facebook,twiiter etc.

I hope they do improve their customer support for runescape. I could care less about mechscape however.. The whole " mech " thing isn't for me, maybe  because I am a girl. They interact with players and actually answer their questions that day? From what I have seen on their q&A it has been about lame topics, not serious ones....

I hope they do improve their customer support for runescape. I could care less about mechscape however.. The whole " mech " thing isn't for me, maybe  because I am a girl. They interact with players and actually answer their questions that day? From what I have seen on their q&A it has been about lame topics, not serious ones....

you said you already never play rs,so how you know isn't useful?

imageimage

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

WHO CARES about the runescape of today, when all your game offers is a useless cape for hours of grinding? Customer service is still a bot-controlled FAILURE compared to those of AQW or even FLYFF. Who cares about Jagex connecting with any of those people through sites that aren't even for customer service? For goodness sakes get over it. Runescape customer service sucks, and we have EXPERIENCED THE SUCK in it. Don't expect any right minded person to buy that in-coherent crap you just mentioned because, from experience, runescape customer service is a shame to the game itself and is as bad or even worse than GW's customer service.

The question is, why even play Runescape when it is not even usefull? Why click on some random log for a useless cape when you can't even sell that cape or all the experience points for some pension-based cash? Be serious, kid. You  can't even spell properly and you try to correct a person who has played RS longer than you. You fail, dude.

Originally posted by Blissey

WHO CARES about the runescape of today, when all your game offers is a useless cape for hours of grinding? Customer service is still a bot-controlled FAILURE compared to those of AQW or even FLYFF. Who cares about Jagex connecting with any of those people through sites that aren't even for customer service? For goodness sakes get over it. Runescape customer service sucks, and we have EXPERIENCED THE SUCK in it. Don't expect any right minded person to buy that in-coherent crap you just mentioned because, from experience, runescape customer service is a shame to the game itself and is as bad or even worse than GW's customer service.

The question is, why even play Runescape when it is not even usefull? Why click on some random log for a useless cape when you can't even sell that cape or all the experience points for some pension-based cash? Be serious, kid. You  can't even spell properly and you try to correct a person who has played RS longer than you. You fail, dude.

for your information is past so you cannot said runescape failure,btw you said nobody care why you still at this forum post thing about runescape lol

imageimage

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Originally posted by Blissey

for your information is past so you cannot said runescape failure,btw you said nobody care why you still at this forum post thing about runescape lol

Don't be a fool. The topic is named "the flaws of Runescape" for a definite reason. Runescape has more flaws than you think, and time doesn't care if information is obsolete or not. I just checked your panzy game site and gosh! I don't see anything new, good, or even redeeming. For goodness sake, learn how to respect people who have played RS longer than you. I've been playing Runescape longer than you've been clicking on those panzy rocks, dude. Runescape still sucks, and posting a thing about it re-inforces the fact. Who cares? Opinions are opinions. Facts are facts. The fact that I post in this forum is not a key element in a debate. Sheesh, when will you Runescapers learn how to spell like a human being?! I still fail to recognize how clicking on a "rock" for a "useless cape" will help your vocabulary. Maybe you should quit clicking on useless pixels and go back to school? I'm sure once you get more intelligent, you would be more able to see clearly the flaws of runescape-just as the title depicts. OWNED.

* another new flaw of runescape

They have damaged the RPG part of their game by allowing change username.  It kills the player reputation system, blacklist system, causes confusion amongst guild members and friends that are gone from the game for a while.

It also allows for 3rd party RMT to sell accounts easier, because they can now allow customers to change their names on any account they sell to whatever they wish.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Why don't you just play Earth Eternal, it's not a kids MMO and offers more than RS.