Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it to late to start lineage 2?

2»

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Panther2103

Honestly 10 hours a week you would hit 70 in like a year. It takes a really long time, most mmo's require more than 10 hours a week but I mean it won't take away from the game too much, it just will take forever to hit 70+ :P

will not take that long, for sure.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Honestly 10 hours a week you would hit 70 in like a year. It takes a really long time, most mmo's require more than 10 hours a week but I mean it won't take away from the game too much, it just will take forever to hit 70+ :P

WOW are ever wrong as are all the people saying the bots are rampant, getting to lvl cap will take forever to get. Basically getting to lvl 20 takes about 20-25 min depending on the class. Getting to 30 takes a 3 to 4 days if you play casual, getting to lvl 40 takes about 2 weeks casual, lvl 50 about a month, lvl 60 same, lvl 70 takes about 6 months casually. With the expansion just came out a few months ago, the play factor is still good, best to get into a guild, because you will need help on something. I say give it a try while waiting for Aion.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Are you so sure about that? I definately played hardcore for about 3 months straight and only hit 60 so, getting to 70 on 10 hours of playtime a week? how is that wrong to say about a year, it would be longer than that. I just did the math 520 hours of playtime in a year, would not get you to 70. I mean maybe if you got the perfect groups with raid bosses. And the game is still rampant with bots, its just player bots its not gold farmers, and saying were wrong when you don't play the game anymore? Okay.

• AlternationAlternation Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by DevilXaphan

WOW are ever wrong as are all the people saying the bots are rampant, getting to lvl cap will take forever to get. Basically getting to lvl 20 takes about 20-25 min depending on the class. Getting to 30 takes a 3 to 4 days if you play casual, getting to lvl 40 takes about 2 weeks casual, lvl 50 about a month, lvl 60 same, lvl 70 takes about 6 months casually. With the expansion just came out a few months ago, the play factor is still good, best to get into a guild, because you will need help on something. I say give it a try while waiting for Aion.

Why do people always exagerate so much?  getting to level 20 takes like 3 hours if you have a twinked toon and know everything about the game already.  In 20-25 minutes you can get from the starting room to the first town, maybe level 6 if you don't bother to do anything except grind as fast as possible.

And to the OP.  Its only worth it if you play with friends.  You will never participate in end game content like PvP.  By the time you get that far everyone else will be gone.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Alternation

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Why do people always exagerate so much?  getting to level 20 takes like 3 hours if you have a twinked toon and know everything about the game already.  In 20-25 minutes you can get from the starting room to the first town, maybe level 6 if you don't bother to do anything except grind as fast as possible.

And to the OP.  Its only worth it if you play with friends.  You will never participate in end game content like PvP.  By the time you get that far everyone else will be gone.

If it seriously takes you 3 hours to get to level 20, I don't even know what to say. That's an exaggeration if I've ever heard one.

Even playing casually, I can get to 20, untwinked, in less than 2 hours.

Edit: just noticed the last part of your post. I shouldn't have even wasted my time responding to you since you're obviously a troll.

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

I have gone 1-20 + CCQ with every class except Human/Warrior and the Kamael classes (I have done Warden, though), and from my experience:

1-20 takes about an hour to an hour and a half (this includes lv20 class change quest), if you know what you're doing....

...except for Orcs, which take a little longer because you have to kill a ton of mobs for one of their pre-20 quests (fighter or mystic, doesn't matter).

Elven Oracles might be able to hit 20 + class change in less than an hour if and only if you get lucky with the orc chief spawns in the lowbie Elf land quest. But even then there's no way you'll make it in 20-25 min.

• benatubenatu Member Posts: 1

Is this game still worth playing for newcomers or move on to another mmo?

• ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by benatu

Is this game still worth playing for newcomers or move on to another mmo?

Definatly still worth playing for new comers.

It just depends on what you are looking to do tho.

If all you really want is all out end game pvp, then id say pass. It would take you 4ever to be able to compete.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by gamer008

should i just wait for aion instead?

if you got an old computer l2 is prob better if you got a recent computer (3 year old then aion is better 

that being said ,if you play l2 try to get the asian version i think 

why?theres an area in the world that still play religiously this game us moved on but lot of gamer still play 

i think its korea

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

L2 is almost exclusively focused on depth with very little attention paid to breadth. And the L2 dev team seems more than content to keep adding more and more end-game content exclusive to higher and higher level-capped characters, never even stopping to consider the idea of broadening L2's gameplay.

It's not like Eve where a new character can spend a few million skillpoints specializing in x to compete with the big dogs. L2 is an extremely elitist game... the end-game takes months of linear, hardcore grinding (or years of casual grinding) to reach, and end-level characters are infinitely more powerful than lowbies (across the board). And none of the top clans will even look at you until you're already there.

So unless you are willing to spend thousands of hours on grinding and dollars on adena, you'll never be more than a nonfactor. If that doesn't bother you, then no it's not too late to start in L2.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I dont know if its too late but for me I am done. Afther 4 years of Lineage 2 I am finally going to walk away. The reason why is because the glory days are gone. Now the games population is dying and there is no fun in the game anymore. I have waited years for NC Soft to bring an expansion that designed from low - mid levels but each time they are geared toward end game. I am S Grade but I dont like the direction the game has gone. They have made the game easier for new players to go from low - mid level but doing that also took away what made Lineage 2 special.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Lineage II - the legend, the one. ; P