Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about the game

Warriors are totally nerfed like in EQ excepto to tank bosses? I love warriors but not if just can receive hits and cant solo anything and much less face a duel.

It is big raid based? Another thing i didnt like of EQ is need 70 ppl to kill a monster and be there long time for it.

Most ppl have lag? If so, its cause computer specs of players?

It is just about grind? I am tired of grinding games, in the end i feel its a waste of time, and game becomes like a messenguer application to talk to friends. I like PVE mostly and some pvp too, the perfect game would be like oblivion online.

How can i download the free trial? in the free trial page i dont find any link to download the game.

Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil. Still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend. Then farewell!

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
  • gavvinggavving Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by gurthgor

Warriors are totally nerfed like in EQ excepto to tank bosses? I love warriors but not if just can receive hits and cant solo anything and much less face a duel.

I've been playing for a few weeks, and I've not started a Warrior, but from what I've read the Warrior has an extremely active combat style. Group tanking I think can be done by any of the 3 tank classes as far as I know. From what I see 1-50 Soloing is possible for all classes in VG. Some are faster than others though.

It is big raid based? Another thing i didnt like of EQ is need 70 ppl to kill a monster and be there long time for it.
    The game 1-50 is quest based, group and solo, dungeon crawl or outdoor questing type of game. 50-55 is group required (pretty much from what I hear), and raiding.

Most ppl have lag? If so, its cause computer specs of players?
    If you've got a gaming computer that you've bought in the last year or even 2, and have a decent graphic card, you can probably run the game at High, Medium High without problems. Even at that level, and the game being 2+ years old, the graphics are still very good.

It is just about grind? I am tired of grinding games, in the end i feel its a waste of time, and game becomes like a messenguer application to talk to friends. I like PVE mostly and some pvp too, the perfect game would be like oblivion online.
    Well, I mean it's a MMO. There are plenty of quests to give you goals while you grind, and encourage you to see new places. From what I've read the 50-55 game is a different game than the 1-50 game. I love the diverse classes, huge world, lore backstory, in depth crafting, a diplomcy sphere that doesn't exist in any other game. It'll keep me busy for a while. Personally I doubt I'll ever play the 50-55 game... But that's fine with me.

How can i download the free trial? in the free trial page i dont find any link to download the game.
    Go to the Vanguard website and you can sign up for the 14-day free trail on the Isle of Dawn. One thing to note, the Isle of Dawn progression is a bit faster than the normal game, also just doing the adventuring sphere 1-10 in IoD is only 1/3rd of the content. There's also the crafting quest line, and the diplomcy quest lines.

• gurthgorgurthgor Member Posts: 279

Ty for the reply, i still dont have clear if you need too many ppl for raids. I am used to Ryzom mmo where you just need a group of few ppl to kill bosses, dont like need too many ppl to kill the big mobs.

Also dont know how to get the free trial, in the free tial isle of dawn web page i dont see any link to donwload the game.

Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil. Still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend. Then farewell!

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

The max number of people that you can have in a raid is 24.  Depending on the raid boss, you either will need all 24 or some you can kill with as few as 6 skilled and well geared raiders.

Here is the free trial link:  http://vanguard.station.sony.com/isleofdawn/

Yes, thats the page i visited, but there is no link to download the game. Maybe you need to make an account before? In that case do i need to enter any billing information?

• hmsilvenhmsilven Member Posts: 11

Yes there is a link, its even in 3 different places on the page. All of them read "Download now"

you need to create an account to be able to log into the world. I am not hundred percent sure whether you need to enter any CC-info before converting the trial into a full account or not, though.

Thats weird, i dont see any "download now" or similar, tried with firefox and IE and nothing.

But no matter i just found out in a link in the trial page you can buy items for game, no interested in Vanguard anymore.

• hmsilvenhmsilven Member Posts: 11

There is a text on white/yellowish background on the page in the very middle of the page giving you an overview of the trial, at the end there is a link to a promovideo. Below that link there is a huge button which says "download now". if you are not seeing that, then you must be on the wrong page. The link above takes you to the page where you can download the client,