Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Roaming games for 360 & PS3.

metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

I'll be honest I like my videogames similar to my MMOs.

Big open worlds/maps where I can just roam around and do what I want.

To give you an Idea of the types of games im speaking of Ill give you a list of what I believe to be Free roam games.

Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, GTA IV, Sacred 2, Assassin's Creed, Infamous, Prototype, Mercenaries 2, Fable II.

So these are basically the free roam games I've played. I know its sad but I usually play MMOs so I havent had time to research and buy more types of games like this.

Would any up to speed console gamers help a guy out and recommend  A few more games like this. I recently saw a commercial on that Red Faction game and it looks like it could be a free roam game but sometimes I get tricked and a game is actually cut up into multiple parts and really isnt what I expected.

I'm also looking for a good open ended racing game. Like the old Midnight club series games.

Any help would be awesome.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

There is Saints Row 1 and 2. There is also Crackdown and Crackdown 2 comming out next year.

Burnout Paradise is also open world.

• AshkaelAshkael Member Posts: 166

Saints Row 2 is an amazing game, IMO. At first I thought it would just be a cheap GTA knock-off, but I was surprised to discover that it's actually far, far better than GTA 4.

Red Faction: Guerilla is actually made by the same devs as Saints Row 2, and it shows... Sometimes. It's fun, but its more linear than SR2 and offers none of the customization. Fully destructible environments sure are fun, though.