Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Massive Battle/Siege games out there?

zephyr86zephyr86 Member Posts: 25

Hey guys, i'm looking to satiate my lust for battle.

While I enjoy the skill involved in small scale battles, like Arenas or Instanced Scenarios, I'm looking for something with a bit more of a grander feel to it that still requires teamwork.

I dont mind what genre it is, as long as its massive, with semi decent graphics and that perhaps allows you to upgrade your character, through gear, skills or otherwise.

I have been thinking of switching back to FPS games for a while, but I dont really know which ones have a popular following at the moment. I want to get that feeling of accomplishment when you break the back of the opposition and the day is yours.

Any suggestions on what I could play?

Comments

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

Mount & Blade: Warband.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Daoc just consolidated all their servers into one super cluster which is fulled with players in big battles, taking castles and territory from each other.

Sounds like its something like that you are looking for.

Of course those who still play it is the hardcore players so don't ever expect any easy PvP kills.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Planetside, world war 2 online.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Planetside certainly had the most epic battles in any game I've ever played (which is saying quite a bit.)  I'm not sure if the population is there anymore, but you could try it.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

WoW - Wintergrasp

:p 
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op once you reach a certain level aion is nice

raid vs raid with a 3 neutral faction al the while trying to down the raid 

but you do have to level up first ,and if your from europe good luck trying to get in the game

new server are on the way tho 

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Darkfall.

One of the few games where sieges actually matter. You need player cities to really siege, and most games don't have them

-------------------------

• braggo1994braggo1994 Member Posts: 15

perfect world is god for this they have terratory wars and the graphicr are awesome...but PvE is a bit boring and rlly u have to be from USA/CANADA to enjoy teratory wars coz im from England and its like 4am for me so its pretty bad time.

but hey ho u shud try it dude

greetings...nubs r cool =)

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by zephyr86

Hey guys, i'm looking to satiate my lust for battle.
    While I enjoy the skill involved in small scale battles, like Arenas or Instanced Scenarios, I'm looking for something with a bit more of a grander feel to it that still requires teamwork.
    I dont mind what genre it is, as long as its massive, with semi decent graphics and that perhaps allows you to upgrade your character, through gear, skills or otherwise.

I have been thinking of switching back to FPS games for a while, but I dont really know which ones have a popular following at the moment. I want to get that feeling of accomplishment when you break the back of the opposition and the day is yours.

Any suggestions on what I could play?

Darkfall online.  Unless you get in a really crappy clan city sieges usually have hundreds of players duking it out.  The last siege I did this weekend had over 150 players on the battlefield.  It was not planned either and there was tons of real time strategy involved in the multiple fights that happened.  Your clan can not just stand there smashing buttons with their face like other games make you do. 

Darkfall gets hazed all the time because its the new kid on the block who wants to be diffrent.  Its not your run of the mill EQ clone (aka WoW clone as the kids say these days).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

WW2 online, Darkfall, EvE, WoW (to a certain extent)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I resubbed back to DAoC once I heard they merged all the servers together.  We had a huge Midgard raid earlier :)

P.S. DIE TREEHUGGIN HIBBIES!