Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

I think the tools are correct, but the conclusion of 13 million +  is wrong.

The activity grew, but China  was not included.

So the game grew in the West, but there was a hic up in China that would make the 13 million players questionable.

We await the Blizzard confirmation (probably with the launch of WotlK in China).

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337

The only thing to remember about China is that it was very easy for chinesse players to log into foreign servers when the whole China thing was going on.     There was a world's first achievemnent done ( Alone in the darkness) that was done by a chinesse guild who had rerolled on Tiawanesse server.   It's very likely that a large percentage of the chinesse accounts logged in at least once per month.

I see no reason to think WOW has stopped growing.  Look at amazon.com and NPD.. both still have the WOW original box in the top 20.  There are still a ton of people just starting to play.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

That graph is a lie and in no way an accurate representation of WoW sub numbers as they are now, until Blizzard releases a quarterly report stating otherwise.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

this means its new player ,because xfire user are on the decline

must be chinese ,and we dont have access to them data since they use their own xfire style thingy 

13.1 million as of august not even gaming season yet lol

i believe china can raise wow number very easy why?

wow works on every freaking computer made in the last 6 years 

and thats a big +for an emerging market like china

• AlivadaAlivada Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by DevilXaphan

That graph is a lie and in no way an accurate representation of WoW sub numbers as they are now, until Blizzard releases a quarterly report stating otherwise.

I think it's pretty close though, all the big releases have failed to really hurt WoW's numbers.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

You got me with that title. The blood always starts pumping when I see posts about WoW dying. I don't forsee WoW taking a huge playerbase hit until the next Blizzard MMO is released. Plus, with the new expansion on the horizon, the numbers will shoot back up.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Gemma

You got me with that title. The blood always starts pumping when I see posts about WoW dying. I don't forsee WoW taking a huge playerbase hit until the next Blizzard MMO is released. Plus, with the new expansion on the horizon, the numbers will shoot back up.

yep the decline will give time for wow to rest in usa a bit till it shoot back to higher high next year(cataclysm)

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

I am not going to believe any of this until Blizzard announces it themselves.  Seems strange to me that there is never the huge dip in the graph you would expect from when WoW was down in China.   I call BS.

• thg7fthg7f Member Posts: 87

Funny thing about xfire  I dont use it and neither do any of my 37 guildmates... and I'm sure we aren't alone so remember that.

It sucks being a hardcore player at heart but a casual player in availability. ~NightCloak

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Why is it so stinking difficult for you people to make a simple clicky!

Read this  <<<  click here!