Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes Sept 29 v1.0.9

OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Fallen Earth v1.0.9

Graphics

• Fixed a shadow issue with cloth objects that could cause a crash.
  • Fixed the cloth flags so they are affected by volumetric fog.

Resources

• Updated the resource thread to sleep when there are no resources to load, which brings the total CPU use down to around 50% or lower on a dual-core machine.

General

• Added the Large Address Aware option, which enables up to 4GB process space for 64-bit operating systems instead of the default 2GB.

• Fixed a possible server crash when harvesting.

• Fixed two areas of the code base that could cause slowdowns or even stall the server for a few seconds.

Physics

• Fixed an issue with trees that could cause a crash inside the Ageia SDK and also affect performance over time.

• Fixed an issue with characters falling through the world when moving fast over a tunnel or entering certain levels.

• Enabled particle debris on vehicles driving over dirt or gravel.

UI

• Added an optimization to the filtering and sorting of recipes.

• Added mission waypoints and custom waypoints to the map filter.

• Updated the target and weapon windows to be hidden when empty.

• Updated the mount window to save opacity settings between sessions.

• Fixed an issue with the Unspent AP display sometimes displaying a negative number.

• Fixed an issue where the AP spending spinner would not show the right maximum value until a selection was made.

• Fixed the faction wheel so that it won’t label the player according to the highest faction total if all factions have negative values.

• Fixed an issue with the faction window, which was giving a title automatically if the player clicked Apply before selecting one.

• Fixed the trade window to allow you to trade all your chips at once.

• Fixed the scope mode to correctly hide windows that are tabbed together.

• Fixed a display issue with pack inventory weight.

• Fixed a crash that would happen when a non-item was dragged to an item slot.

• Updated the overhead and interior maps so opacity applies to them.

• Fixed a bug where you could not click the AP button in the stat window while it was glowing.

• Enabled vertical resizing on the Auction window.

Mounts

• Fixed a new issue with vehicles sometimes not playing their engine sound.

• Updated mounts so that clicking on one while moving or dismounting won’t start a mount action.

• Increased the range at which the mount window pops up. You can click the mount window to target your mount at any time.

• Fixed an issue which could cause a character to be displaced to the back when dismounting.
  • Predictor

• Made few more optimizations on position updates.

-------

The server will be down from 8:30am ET (-4GMT) until 9:30am ET (-4GMT) for a patch

Thank you for your patience

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

Comments

• dolphin666dolphin666 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I havn't purchased the game yet due to some of the launch issues, but this looks promising.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah I have been holding off as well. Tested during closed and open betas. The outarge I was seeing over issues during stress tests kept me from purchasing, I figured it would be best to wait until most of the more vocal had gone before purchasing. I am so sick of joining new games only to see people bitch the whole time. Sure report issues as they come but causing a scene in game does not help one bit, frankly I am done putting up with it lol.

Edit- I am glad I see they are still handling issues with tact as they did through beta.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dolphin666dolphin666 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Has this patch gone live yet?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by Orphes

Fallen Earth v1.0.9
    Graphics

Fixed a shadow issue with cloth objects that could cause a crash.
    Fixed the cloth flags so they are affected by volumetric fog.

Resources

Updated the resource thread to sleep when there are no resources to load, which brings the total CPU use down to around 50% or lower on a dual-core machine.
    YAAY - hope it works with QUAD, so my PC won't have to heat the room while playing FE :)

General

Added the Large Address Aware option, which enables up to 4GB process space for 64-bit operating systems instead of the default 2GB.
    SUPERYAY!!! 4GB with Win7 64 bit here!!! HUZZAH!

Fixed a possible server crash when harvesting.

Fixed two areas of the code base that could cause slowdowns or even stall the server for a few seconds.

Physics

Fixed an issue with trees that could cause a crash inside the Ageia SDK and also affect performance over time.

Fixed an issue with characters falling through the world when moving fast over a tunnel or entering certain levels.

Enabled particle debris on vehicles driving over dirt or gravel.

UI

Added an optimization to the filtering and sorting of recipes.

Added mission waypoints and custom waypoints to the map filter.

Updated the target and weapon windows to be hidden when empty.

Updated the mount window to save opacity settings between sessions.

Fixed an issue with the Unspent AP display sometimes displaying a negative number.

Fixed an issue where the AP spending spinner would not show the right maximum value until a selection was made.

Fixed the faction wheel so that it won’t label the player according to the highest faction total if all factions have negative values.

Fixed an issue with the faction window, which was giving a title automatically if the player clicked Apply before selecting one.

Fixed the trade window to allow you to trade all your chips at once.

Fixed the scope mode to correctly hide windows that are tabbed together.

Fixed a display issue with pack inventory weight.

Fixed a crash that would happen when a non-item was dragged to an item slot.

Updated the overhead and interior maps so opacity applies to them.

Fixed a bug where you could not click the AP button in the stat window while it was glowing.

Enabled vertical resizing on the Auction window.

Mounts

Fixed a new issue with vehicles sometimes not playing their engine sound.

Updated mounts so that clicking on one while moving or dismounting won’t start a mount action.

Increased the range at which the mount window pops up. You can click the mount window to target your mount at any time.

Fixed an issue which could cause a character to be displaced to the back when dismounting.
    Predictor

Made few more optimizations on position updates.

-------

The server will be down from 8:30am ET (-4GMT) until 9:30am ET (-4GMT) for a patch
    Thank you for your patience

Those 2 alone could make this a miracle patch to me, very eager to see!

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.