Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

And may be extradicted to the United States to face justice for raping a 13-year old girl back in 1977.  The French are up in arms over this.  I see this potentially becoming a very controversial thread and it may get moved to the P&R folder even though I didn't think it fit into that category.  When I learned that he drugged and raped a 13-year, I lost whatever respect I had for this perv and don't have a problem with his arrest.  Some of you might feel otherwise.

Comments

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Well, the chick he raped said to just forget about it and she doesn't see the fuss. If she can forgive him so can I. I think he should be extradited solely on the fact that he bounced before he was to receive his sentence. That fact alone should be enough to bring him back to face another trial for leaving the country so he couldn't be sentenced.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by seabass2003

Well, the chick he raped said to just forget about it and she doesn't see the fuss. If she can forgive him so can I. I think he should be extradited solely on the fact that he bounced before he was to receive his sentence. That fact alone should be enough to bring him back to face another trial for leaving the country so he couldn't be sentenced.

She can forgive him, but he still broke the law and so he will be held accountable - not only for doing what he did to her, but also for fleeing.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

ah a fellow lolicon!

how i admire him for this most fantastic of deeds.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Teala

She can forgive him, but he still broke the law and so he will be held accountable - not only for doing what he did to her, but also for fleeing.

This.

Its good that she forgave and moved on. But that dosent excuse what he did.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Agreed she forgave him which is good but in the end he still broke the law.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

He made some pretty sweet movies though. The Ninth Gate is awesome.

O_o o_O

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Agreed. Consequences come with every action, regardless of intention.

• huatoslynhuatoslyn Member Posts: 18

lol

what can i say

stupid cops in switzerland

• SecurionSecurion Member Posts: 206
    Originally posted by Murais

Agreed. Consequences come with every action, regardless of intention.

The road to hell is full of good intentions.