Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know what, if you don't like the casual state MMOs are in, the way I see it.....

Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

for you things are just going to get worse.

First I want to start off talking about single player games as an example, one of the great things about them is unlike MMOs you don't have to play them for a long period of time to get anyway.

Console gamers can pretty much rent an average run of the mill FPS game, finish it in a weekend and never have to play it again. For instance not too long ago I rented Wolfenstein, beat the game in 2days and I never had to look back and thank god since the game was just so generic and uninspiring.

Unfortunately MMOs can't get away with this since MMOs aren't made to be played and beaten over a rainy weekend. You have to play them for weeks on end to get anywhere and then consider if end game is good enough to keep you playing.

Now I know I pretty much have been talking about everything that's obvious, but here's the catch.

An MMO can't be just average if it wants to hold players attention long enough, and the leveling and character progression you see today even though is no where near as brutal as back when EQ was on top, more and more will be cut down to make way for what players really want right now...and of course I'm talking about instant gratification.

So what does this all mean, well simple, MMOs are going to have to start become less time consuming and what that means is less character progression and leveling.

All of a sudden end-game will be the only game left and it's pretty much going to run like a Halo 3 deathmatch and even games like WoW are going to seem old-school back when you had to work to get anywhere.

Warhammer was one of the first steps but unfortunately for Mythic they had no idea of how to live up to their own end-game expectations and failed miserably at it. Global Agenda is more of a blunt attempt at making MMOs like this.

And unless more and more development teams decide to sell their souls to the devil like Blizzard did to come up with MMOs like WoW.....this is the direction I see MMOs heading towards....

So question is, how do you feel about Halo 3 MMOs becoming the way of the future.....lol

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

If you spend most of your time in the off-topic section and you want to respond to this, make it quick before this thread gets moved to the Pub.

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

If you spend most of your time in the off-topic section and you want to respond to this, make it quick before this thread gets moved to the Pub.

Actually i fucked up on that part...I ment to put this on the Pub....0o

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by Jackio81

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Actually i fucked up on that part...I ment to put this on the Pub....0o

Don't worry, the mods will move it soon enough.