Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get EvE-Online for only 5$

Comments

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

"This product is available for purchase worldwide excluding Europe."

Too bad. Also, to my knowledge, Europe isn't the smallest part of the world. Especially not when talking about (online-)gaming. Why exclude such a (potentionally) big profit?

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622
    Originally posted by kattehus

Too bad. Also, to my knowledge, Europe isn't the smallest part of the world. Especially not when talking about (online-)gaming. Why exclude such a (potentionally) big profit?

probly cause they already have all the players theyl ever get from eu lol seing as this game will never be anyhting but a 500k sub mmo

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Raizeen

probly cause they already have all the players theyl ever get from eu lol seing as this game will never be anyhting but a 500k sub mmo

And the evidence for this is sourced from where?

Apart from between the cheeks your mother doesn't kiss, I mean.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

5$=3,3€

that is the problem

BestSigEver :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Perhaps they feel they get enough support from Europe vs other parts of the world right now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

By the way, how goes the azn shit grind? I mean come on, they get like a million+ subs..

• schawoschawo Member Posts: 135

You can buy it for 5.00 GBP if you are from EU.

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97

Not bad. These EVE accounts come with the standings boost and special ship thats in the retail version?

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

I was really impressed with Eve when I first tired it. It's complexity piqued my interest, the open space made me feel like I was in another universe, the possibilities made my eyes glaze over, but...

...when it comes to the flight and combat, it just irks me to death. For me, it almost totally kills the enjoyment of feeling like I am piloting my own ship. Feels far too much like an RTS when I feel the flight should be twitch with added skill sets.

Has anything changed as far as that goes in the past two years since I tried it?

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Echobe

I was really impressed with Eve when I first tired it. It's complexity piqued my interest, the open space made me feel like I was in another universe, the possibilities made my eyes glaze over, but...
    ...when it comes to the flight and combat, it just irks me to death. For me, it almost totally kills the enjoyment of feeling like I am piloting my own ship. Feels far too much like an RTS when I feel the flight should be twitch with added skill sets.
    Has anything changed as far as that goes in the past two years since I tried it?

you're not piloting your own ship, you are a captain issuing orders. no, nothing has changed in that regard.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Feels far too much like an RTS when I feel the flight should be twitch with added skill sets.

Eve is an Rts, so, yeah..

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Oh, so you want to be one of the dead genre of games (aka space simulations). There was nothing fun with twitched based space games when it came to Player vs Player. All it surrounds is you both holding the joystick down for an hour.. literally.. you two do loops consistantly without anyone attacking each other. It's boring, repetitive, and irritating. It takes no "skill" what so ever, unless you define patience as one.

I'm sorry, that this game took brains over button-mashing.. Please play a console game...

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Eve will never be a twitch game.  There are many reasons for that; some technical, others simply practical; but you can stop holding your breath wondering if it will ever change.  Eve combat depth and balance is achieved precisely because it doesn't use twitch systems.

There are a few twitch space-based games coming out, like Jumpgate Evolutions, which use Neutonian physics (think Battlestar Galactic) .  They don't appear to be anywhere near the level of Eve's depth or complexity though.  In fact I get the impression that they are rather dull and bland because of the limits imposed by using a twitch based dogfighting system.  Kinda ironic really.

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Looks like I roiled some fanboy feathers. By the way, Eve is button-mashing when it comes to combat.

Eh, only if you like micromanagement. I could fit a ship that only requires me to push 2 buttons when entering combat.

On the other hand, I could also fit a ship that requires me to push 10 different buttons at the correct time to avoid getting blown up.

I, myself, enjoy micromanagement, but have lost many ships because of it. (:

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • InvaderGUIInvaderGUI Member Posts: 62

Yes very agreed. Eve has the most horrible and boring combat system out of any MMO ever made. Yeah its real fun to just target an enemy set auto attack and then go drop kids off at pool while there is no need to do anything but watch your ship go around and aroun in circles firing on a n enemy and eventually win.  Eve has the most carebearish combat system ever made in a space sim. Oh wait, what is Eve anyway? I thought it was a space sim MMO? Well what ever it is they should just make it a F2P because $5 is way too much to pay for a game with as little to offer as Eve.

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206

I'm sorry, but as a 4 year veteran I must disagree.

The PVE combat is dull. (Although, have you been to wormhole space? Where the NPCs have actual AI and you need a team to take on the dungeons? I thought so).

In PvP, the combat system is very complex, with remote repairing fleets countered by stealth bomber quads, and fast moving nano gangs dodging in and out of combat. Simply put, if you're not playing Eve with other people, you're not playing eve at all.

Also, the industry/market side is amazing. I've run many many businesses in eve, each with different strategies and economics that you have to take into account. My most recent venture brings in 1.5 Billion a week for 30 minutes of work (enough to fund 20 accounts). It's a complex idea that I had to write a program to help me track, but seriously, what other MMO can you make your way with simply a great idea?

Some people are attracted to the possibilities of Eve like I am, and if you are, you can see how no other MMO comes close to creating a virtual, living, breathing universe. It's not a casual game though (unless you join an active PvP corp with fun people).

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Blah blah blah, Direct2Drive is the one deciding this thing...

And btw.

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/6/14/product/Buy-Eve-Online-Download

They have a campaign going for EU aswell.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• KevinKenobiKevinKenobi EVE CorrespondentMember Posts: 19
    Originally posted by InvaderGUI

$5 is way too much to pay for a game with as little to offer as Eve.

Misquote of the century.