Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch

reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

hey guys, AO just got a new patch with new mercenary, dungeon and new features

for the latest info visit this link: atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/event/200909/main.html

for the patch notes: atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/news/notice_view.asp

Comments

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

I like it... less lag. sux though that you cant do minstrel in 1 day

• tutubitutubi Member Posts: 47

this is actually one of the better patches that they did... lots of new stuff and lots of new end game things to do

I think i'll stack my xp first before going above 120... the exp from dying really sux

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

ya ...the new features and changes are really good compared to the previous patch

and i'm looking forward to the minstrel mercenary

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Good patch, though I can't help thinking AO dev team decided to only create new stuff for the less than 3% that are paying customers in this high end bracket.

• RussariaRussaria Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Skuz

Good patch, though I can't help thinking AO dev team decided to only create new stuff for the less than 3% that are paying customers in this high end bracket.

This is true, and very sad...YET.

NDoors tauts AO as a "FTP" game. SInce you've been there this long, you have to have seen how after 6 months AO began a relentless campaign to nerf and "make more difficult" the ability of anyone to play, especially at higher levels, without extensive item mall items (whether they buy them personally or buy them from market, either way someone had to pay cash for them). So although I adore AO, I make no denial to the fact that I dispise the company behind it..lol. Their "spirit" is about greed, not about challenging gameplay. Other ftp mmos of course offer benefits for item mall purchases, astethics and even advantages. I have no problem with that..unlike the majoirty of other ftp mmos however, NDoors isn't satisfied with a "small regular" payment or micro payment from players.

With each patch they make mobs more difficult to handle without item mall scrolls, blessing potions/license, buying Atlas stones in effort to attempt to make +10 weapons and gear. They nerf mercs and the regular "free" ways of upgrading gear, increase material and crafting costs. triple and then quadruple the cost of using the free travel agency system and the list goes on and on. With this patch they've even nerfed the party system to stop your team from getting party experience, instead now only allowing 1 merc any exp from the post battle exp bonus. Of all the ftp games i've seen AO has become the most greed driven I've ever witnessed. Those players in the top 1% have admitted to spending 1000s of dollars while they brag about their prowess...none of which they could accomplish if they had to face those mobs as a regular geared player, without scrolls and blessing potions and item mall altered gear.

Again, I am fine with item mall advantages, but to this extent? To the extent where not even those who spend a reasonable amount of money to support the game can get anywhere. NDoors wants more and more and more. Sheer unadulterated greed drives the recent developement of AO, where-as in the first 6 months, gameplay expansion, challenging gameplay and player pride and happiness were the driving forces of the patches.

Though they wont admit it, player resignation has steadily increased in AO, to the point where recently there was a push in the forums to combine some servers for lack of players on them...lol The "quit" rate of players who join Atlantica is no less than 50-60% within the first 50 lvls, and another 25-30% quit near 100, the higher they get, the more they see the "true" driving parameters of AO...not the game, but the Devs behind it, who do nothing now but come up with more ways to force players into the item mall. That has alot of elder/old time players pretty sad.

Add all of this to the now push to try to hold on to the obsessive (and rich, personaly or in-game) players, to keep the item mall rolling in, by adding nothing of any consequence in months and months of patches for anyone under lvl 100, well, Many mmos fold for this reason, and AO has decided to take that failing model with gusto. This would of course disturb any long time player who loves the game...after all, we don't want to see it fold.

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by reimaru

ya ...the new features and changes are really good compared to the previous patch
    and i'm looking forward to the minstrel mercenary

woooosh! im starting to like the new patch.. i cant believe this game will add new mercs and currently doing the quest of minstrel..

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

I like the new patch. some say that there is no new content for players under 100. but it's really very fast to level up until level 95 in which there are already indy dung for the exp and stuff to do..

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The problem with the game, I think, is not from 1-95, or even 1-110, but from 110 on up.

After detroit, the quests get really hard. I'm 119 (with mercs from 119-107). Even with a blessing license, I can barely do the Aztez quests. I tried doing the 115 quests, my mercs got 1 and 2 hit killed.

Mostly 'cause I have lousy gear (Darkest Night and Divine armor, basically). 

From what I've read, all the added stuff is even harder. A lot of 120 people can't do the 120 upgrade quest and so are stuck.

The 118 Indy dungeon is also apparently hard and has bad drops.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there