Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demon's Souls for PS3

BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

Demon's Souls

Game rankings here.

Demon's Souls is a hardcore RPG in the truest sense.  Probably the most hardcore we have seen in the last 5+ years.  It is difficult, 'brutally unforgiving', and ridiculously fun.  It is scheduled to come out October 6th on PS3, but has been imported by many gamers since the menu's and voices were in English.  This is where the bulk of the game reviews come from, and if you click the link at the top you can read some player reviews.  I will paste some snippets:

"In the end, this game has been the most unique experience I've had in years, and it is something that I can easily recommend to anyone looking to play one of the most challenging games ever made."

"If your like me and prefer your games thoughtful, mature, deep and a real challenge, then I think you just may find that Demon's Souls is the best game of this generation so far."

There is online play, but it is not simply playing the single player RPG with a friend.  This is one of the most impressive features of the game in my opinion.  Basically you can go into online mode where you can request help for parts of the game that are just ridiculously hard.  Players come into the game as a blue phantom and assist you(see screenshot below).  However by putting yourself online you open yourself up to black phantoms which are players who come into your world to try to kill you and collect your soul.  They can stalk you, wait for the worst possible moment, and kill you.  Remember this online part is optional, but it is great fun.  Being a black phantom, and being attacked by one are very rewarding experiences. 

Preorders are up, and offer some bonus items like an artbook.  This is a console RPG that should not be missed by any console RPG fan.  I only wish these guys would make an MMORPG because they know how to make a difficult, hardcore, mature, and very rewarding game. 

Also after launch (I'll be picking up the NA version also) I will post here to see if anyone needs help in online mode.  Look forward to the slaying!

Comments

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Yeah, this one caught my eye, I have already pre-ordered, just waiting for release.

Current Games:

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Think I am gonna get this one as well.

Looks like a good and challenging RPG.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

cool...can't wait to try this XD

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

I always wanted a game like Gothic on console and this looks like it could meet my free roam hardcore Rpg needs.

This gives me a reason to dust off the PS3 after beating Infamous earlier this year.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Yeah, this one and Dragon Age look to be good.