Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back In Love With RS.

2»

Comments

• SirBeastSirBeast Member Posts: 3

I've been playing runescape since early 2005, ive left the game twice for several months each but  I kept coming back, it's a fantastic game- the community blows other mmorpgs out of the water as well as the dedication of Jagex employees. Some people dislike the game for its bad graphics, personally graphics don't make the game I still play Red Alert from like 1997 and have been known to watch Looney Tunes when I have the time, plus Runescape has some shiny new "HD" graphics. As for peoples comments on "tink, tink, tink"  (sound of mining in RS) I wouldnt even consider playing another game just because it has real world mining sounds or better music- watch some tv or listen to real music.

Anyway, welcome back to RS =P

• Pro_PwnererPro_Pwnerer Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Blissey

I play WoW over Runescape because the gameplay is entertaining, not just clicking constantly, I can actually get somewhere in WoW without having to constantly grind, unlike in Runescape, where you have to do the same repetitive task over and over againg in order to level, and WoW is just plain more fun than Runescape, especially at higher levels. The further you get in WoW, the better it gets. There's a reason Wrath of the Lich King is the fastest selling PC game of all time.

World of Warcraft has over 2000 quests and more cuz of Wrath of the Lich King expansion! And u say it takes a long time to get to lvl 70, and the game ends there? HAH! Tbh overall many players use about 6-10 days (hours that u play) to get to lvl 70 (more now cuz 80s the top) and then the fun begins! Raids, High-lvl PvP, City raids, Flying mounts (got to love 'em!) and other lovely things!
    Ok im not sure how long you've been playing this game, but it doesn't seem very long. I played in BC, and WOTLK. The quests are all the same, give me # of this, kill # of this, Slay is L337 boss, deliver this msg there, talk to this person there. There are some quests that are fun, but i most are just boring. Pvp is about the same as lvl 70, all they did was add new gear and bgs. Its still the same as lvl 70. Do bg dailies kill the allies (horde ftw), get your uber L337 gear. Once your all geared up, do arena. Arena for me was very fun. Bgs get boring very fast. Arena is the only thing good about pvp, now that there are no more world pvp. Its the only one that shows whether you were good or not. Anyone can dominate in a bg, just stay back and ks everything. Raids are still good, but now its all about gear, i never did raids for gear, it was simiply for the content, and im pretty sure most players also only did it for the content.

Now, now children here is a little summary of WoW, GW, RS for ya.
    GW: Great Graphics, no monthly Fee, however WoW seems to be much more rich in Gameplay, Mediocre PvP, is worth the Money though.
    GW is fun, but you run out of things to do after a few months. The pvp system is good, and definetly better than WoW's it just that because you can only use 8 skills at a time, its not as exciting as in WoW, where your whole screen is filled with skills, (not always a good thing).
    WoW: Great Graphics, Role-Playing for those who love it, Great Customer Support, for Experienced Gamers, Great PvP, Horde/Alliance Factions
    Wow is also filled with many many kids. Have you ever been to barrens chat? I don't know about your server, but on my server barrens chat, had alot of kids talking about random sh1t about chuck norris. And trade chat was even worse.
    Runescape: For 10 year olds who have nothing better to do then get into the Mining Guild, Crappy Graphics, Terrible PvP, immature People, Inexeperienced, Crap
    I agree with there, its time consuming, it takes no skill, the only thing its kinda good about it right now is quests.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Still ,when 90% of the game is an assortment of mindless grinds, that would nearly qualify as "nothing to do." No, people with somewhat? respectable gaming expectations don't consider log burning, tree cutting, or node mining "things to do." The other 10% fails to compete with other better alternatives. 

PS.When you get to 80 in WoW, Its not the end. You could raid alliance city if your a horde or vice versa.? You can do the daily rounds in your guild to get awesome gear. And you could farm to make your other proffesions higher like blacksmithing, first aid, fishing, alchemy, etc.

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48

i'd disagree with anybody who says that runescapes quests are.. unintersting. because i find them a lot more unique than the usual "kill this" or "get these by killing those" or crap like that from other mmo's. also, when people say runescape is the same thing over and over. its probably because they havnt yet seen the skill list. i dont see how u can have nothing to do on runecape. if ur training one skill, get bored of it, u can move on to something else. anything. theres a huge selection of things to do.

and i do realise that the combat system is crappy. all "whips" are the same. all "armadyl godswords" are exactly the same. theres no way to upgrade these things. and theyre not impossibly hard to get. but i guess most people are just too focused on the fact that runescape combat fails compared to almost every other mmo. but there are different things to do other than kill stuff..

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48

also i would like to point out that runescape is free. even the F2P is better than any other free mmo i've played. and thats a lot considering im a cheapskate. and its well worth $6 a month for how much it improves F2P to P2P... and either way, its definately the best mmo that u dont have to download.

• Majin_VegetaMajin_Vegeta Member Posts: 5

I agree with the fact that RuneScape has improved alot. Jagex has also become more responsive in forums and the CEO of the company actually communicates with players. They also have guaranteed content polls. It is amazing how popular the game is, considering how little they advertise the game, compared to Warcraft who find popular people who never really play the game to talk about how awesome their game is...

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Majin_Vegeta

I agree with the fact that RuneScape has improved alot. Jagex has also become more responsive in forums and the CEO of the company actually communicates with players. They also have guaranteed content polls. It is amazing how popular the game is, considering how little they advertise the game, compared to Warcraft who find popular people who never really play the game to talk about how awesome their game is...

Yeah, you may think that they are all friendly, but when it comes to money and costumer service. THEY FAIL. If you want to know why, consult the old posts in the thread "the flaws of runesacape". I don't see any reason to glorify a game that hinders freedom of trade and has a bad system so abused it is being praised by the Jagex team.

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

well ppl who rant here actually they dun like adventure game maybe try more action 1 like dragonica etc

btw ur guy can said so easy ur got make a game and see lol

imageimage

• DawnsingerDawnsinger Member Posts: 212

As far as I can tell, all the games you played were utter bollocks.

http://www.havenandhearth.com
    The Best New Sandbox Game Out There.