Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish Bethesda would revamp Morrowind (graphics/combat).

metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

I recently fired up Morrowind Goty edition. I forgot how good this game was, my only problem with it now after playing Oblivion are the graphics and combat engine.

Before I get any posters bashing Oblivion let me make myself clear. I enjoy all Elder scrolls games.

I just feel a Revamped or Redux version of Morrowind would sell like hot cakes.

I would love to explore Morrowind with the graphics of Oblivion and Oblivions combat.  Leave everything else the same and I would be so happy.

Now let me ask you guys would you pay for a Morrowind Redux version with oblivion graphics and combat?

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Sure, Bethesda MMOs are buggy, but they are fun.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Thenarius

Which MMOs would these be?

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by Thenarius

Which MMOs would these be?

Ohlolz, I meant RPG. I spend too much time on these forums ;__;

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

I can say with all honesty that after buying and playing Oblivion (plus DLC's) that it still seemed a lot shorter than Morrowind (haven't completed 1/4 of it's content in the few years i've played it). that alone tells me it's a great game as i prefer longevity and gameplay over graphics. I will add though that if Morrowind had Oblivion Graphics or better but remained EXACTLY the same content and longevity wise then HELL YEAH!! i'd buy it for sure....

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I felt TES went down hill after daggerfall.  daggerfall was a classic, morrowind was still good, but i could never really get into oblivion.  graphics get better at the expense of content diversity - i wish they'd find a better compromise.  

but with all the effort it'd take to revamp an old game, they might as well make a new TES game in the spirit of morrowind or daggerfall, instead.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

I didnt care for Morrowind but did enjoy Oblivion and will enjoy it again im sure.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

i didnt really play morrowind much. but i love oblivion and i would def played it if they released a new edition or somthing

gamertag - Swaffle House

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Waste time redoing an old game? Hell no. Get on with the next game, but give it the production value of Fallout 3 (or better). I'd love to see the tree elf city that is basically a giant tree that migrates around.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Harabeck

Waste time redoing an old game? Hell no. Get on with the next game, but give it the production value of Fallout 3 (or better). I'd love to see the tree elf city that is basically a giant tree that migrates around.

I think I'm the only person that thought Oblivion was a much better game than Fallout 3.

I loved both games but I've played Oblivion forever now and FO3 I only pick up again once they release a New DLC.

I've played Oblivion both on 360 and PC with Mods like ten times longer than FO3.

• Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

im the same way metal, i still play alot of oblivion and the guild quests and stuff. i just play fallout 3 whenever some new DLC comes out.

gamertag - Swaffle House

• GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Metal im with you 100%, I loved oblivion and play whenever im in the mood for single player fun. Fallout just didn't do it for me at all.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

I wish they would remake Daggerfall or Morrowind

those games are classics Fallout was good and all but it also didn't really do it for me

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Well I suppose some crazy modder could go and do it.

I'm sure the mmo bethesda is working on is elder scrolls related, so just wait and see =)

In the meantime I'm going to play Risen..muayaahahah

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

I've been playing Morrowind for the whole weekend.  I really prefer it to Oblivion.  I'd definitely like to see a graphics upgrade, but honestly it's not *THAT BAD*.  It's not as pristine and shiny as Oblivion, but after just a couple of hours in Morrowind I'm already far more interested in it than I have ever been in Oblivion (which I never finished either).

--

disclaimer: I did try to finish Oblivion, when I first got it, without any mods.  The trouble is I had gone off on side paths and frankly when I got back around to doing the main line the mobs had gotten so incredibly hard by about the fourth quest that it was simply impossible to go on for me.  I think the worst thing about Obliv. is the scaling of the environments.  I *want* to get radically overpowered.

Well, that and the psychic guards really turned me off.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

Originally posted by Swafdawg23

im the same way metal, i still play alot of oblivion and the guild quests and stuff. i just play fallout 3 whenever some new DLC comes out.

Imo if your new to Rpgs and missed the boat on Older elderscroll games Oblivion is beyond Epic.

I know a bunch of new Rpg players that have near 500 hours game play time in Oblivion and that's only the 360 version they would have thousand of hours played in the PC version with Mods.

I kinda wish Bethesda created another expansion for Oblivion. I know they released one xpac and Knight of the nine but imo considering Morrowind had two full xpacs they should have done the same.

Shit FO3 had what 5 DLCs and atleast three of those were expansion worthy.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

If you have morrowind for the pc there are quite a few mods that improve the graphics. They are by no means oblivion quality, however people have done a good job.

planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php  - just an example there are many more on that site. For everything from water to NPCs/PCs.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I love both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Yes, they are buggy..yes, Oblivion's world is small...yes, you need a good ton of addons to fix and enhance.

But i just can't think of any mmorpg which even came close in terms of immersion.

Show me an mmorpg as immersive as Bethesda's works and i'll show you a man who'll never leave his home again.

Originally posted by VoIgore

I love both Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Yes, they are buggy..yes, Oblivion's world is small...yes, you need a good ton of addons to fix and enhance.
    But i just can't think of any mmorpg which even came cose in terms of immersion.
    Show me an mmorpg as immersive as Bethesda's works and i'll show you a man who'll never leave his home again.

Dude it's a fact All elder scrolls games rock. It doesn't matter if one is better than the other the series as a whole destroys any Pve based MMO on the market.

Imagine if they gave us a Online CO-op version of Elder scrolls? Hmmm actually maybe they will with Elder Scrolls 5.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

I hpope the MMO they are working on is based off of Eldar Scrolls.

I loved Morrowind and never got Oblivion. Played it though.

I dont like how mobs in both Oblivion and FO3 scale with you. I like hard areas and easy areas.

In fact... When I get home today, I'm reinstalling Morrowind. Great freaking game.

Edit: Daggerfall owned my life for a year. I cant go back to that.

Originally posted by NightCloak

I hpope the MMO they are working on is based off of Eldar Scrolls.
    I loved Morrowind and never got Oblivion. Played it though.
    I dont like how mobs in both Oblivion and FO3 scale with you. I like hard areas and easy areas.
    In fact... When I get home today, I'm reinstalling Morrowind. Great freaking game.
    Edit: Daggerfall owned my life for a year. I cant go back to that.

Actually the scaling system is great. It means you can do what you want, when you want. If you want more or less challenge, change the difficulty settings.

Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by Harabeck

I think I'm the only person that thought Oblivion was a much better game than Fallout 3.

I loved both games but I've played Oblivion forever now and FO3 I only pick up again once they release a New DLC.

I've played Oblivion both on 360 and PC with Mods like ten times longer than FO3.

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved Oblivion. I've spent 200+ hours on it. But there is no way to argue that Oblivion had the same production value. In Fallout, characters don't switch between different voices based on what question you ask. Gameplay is superior, graphics are of course better, the UI works better, and the leveling system doesn't force you to use skills you don't like just to level certain attributes properly.

With the lessons they've learned, they need to apply it to Elder Scrolls 5, not revisit 3. I want a totally new story and content, not a shinier version of stuff I've already seen.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

I recently bought Morrowind on Steam. Hadn't played it before, and I loved Oblivion and Fallout 3, so I wanted to try it. I started playing it, but I've been finding it hard to get over the outdated graphics. It would be nice if they'd update it, but that's a lot of work for an old game so it's unlikely. Too bad, since I keep hearing that it is such a good RPG.

• DaCrimpDaCrimp Member Posts: 6

really

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

I'm with you on the dislike of Fallout 3.  I couldn't stand it.  The VATS was the only thing cool in the game, I played straight and never used fast travel in the game and found the storyline appauling and boring.  The same enemy over and over.  How the hell does a landmine not kill...  Update early games sure would be more enjoyable than a lot of garbage companies are coming out with.

Seriously, who would not want and updated graphical Baldur's Gate II/TOB?  I would love a new graphics engine, nothing else, just that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by NightCloak

Easy fix for this oscuros oblivion overhaul, simple mod to install (exe). Yet it fixes most issues people may have who prefer morrowind over oblivion. It adds quite a bit to the overall difficulty, and itemization (loot list). It rewards exploring much more as well as makes it much more dangerous. It also changes the way vendors work and adds tweaks like making drawers, barrells, boxes and chests open and close. It also changes flora and enemy spawns, higher lvl things spawn whenever rather than when you reach that level.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson