Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial Island secretly launched to public - Now Official

2»

Comments

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

I've been waiting for a trial.  I think I'll download it this weekend and mess around...beats going outside in the snow/rain. 

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Hmm thanks guys i will have to try the free game area see if its what i want .

Tried the free 10 days of Wow hmm not for me is all i will say about that.

I have been playing EQ2 since day one but am starting to get bored with it which just happens.

Is it alot like EQ2 as in how yhe game plays ?

Thanks

• thanos1313thanos1313 Member Posts: 183

isent this EXACTLY what sony did with EQ? the trial was the main reason i joined honestly, but it was a letdown compared to it. still a fairly good game if you can get passed the fact that no one plays anymore and the mods are all power tripping fucks(from what i hear)

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

....move my reply to it's own thread...didn't want to feel like I was hijacking.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Question. Is there an adventure quest string on the island? if so, where do I go to start it?

Ive been playing the trial a few days now. I am really enjoying the crafting, and the diplomacy system is growing on me. I just haven't seen any combat quests to raise my class lvl. I'm hoping there are quests for this and not just going out to grind on mobs.

• LenceLence Member CommonPosts: 109

is it only 2 GB or do you need to download additional files?

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Great game from when I played it, I just couldn't seem to find hardly any people around, a few scattered here and there but other than that, a huge world full of mobs and no actually human controlled players kinda drove me away from paying a monthly price for a single player game. Glad to see they are attempting t a trial now, but a little "Notification" would help SOE not-so-great-track-record marketing strategies :P.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by merv808

Question. Is there an adventure quest string on the island? if so, where do I go to start it?

When you first start the Isle of Dawn there is an NPC facing you.  Talk to him for quests.  There are adventure quests on NPCs that have a shield with a sword through it floating above their head.

Enjoy

Originally posted by Lence

is it only 2 GB or do you need to download additional files?

Allow me to clarify.  The 14 day Free Trial is 2Gigs.  Afterwhich if you subscribe, you will down load 18Gigs more to be able to play the Full Version of Vanguard.  You don't buy anything, you just pay a monthly subscription fee.

Free Isle of Dawn = 2Gigs

To leave the Isle of Dawn = 20Gigs + Monthly Subscription

• gurthgorgurthgor Member Posts: 279

I dont see where you can download the game in that trial web page, how can i get the trial?

Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil. Still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend. Then farewell!

Click on "DOWNLOAD NOW" at the bottom of the website I posted at the beginning of this thread.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by Raav

Click on "DOWNLOAD NOW" at the bottom of the website I posted at the beginning of this thread.

If I ask a question will I also get a reply 8 months later? image

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Holy Necro Batman!

You must work as a CS guy for a large company somewhere!

j/k

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

No wonder I only have half a star :(

Back on topic....Isle of Dawn is booming.  Surprising good news.  You can reach level 10 in adventuring, crafting and diplomacy.

Originally posted by Raav

No wonder I only have half a star :(

Back on topic....Isle of Dawn is booming.  Surprising good news.  You can reach level 10 in adventuring, crafting and diplomacy.

Yep there were plenty of players on the Isle of Dawn when I retried the game a while back. I hated it though. I didnt like the oriental theme as it didnt fit at all with anything that I envisioned my dwarf wanting to do. I guess its fine if you decided to play as one of the races that belong on those islands. I guess this is why I dont like games that have loads of races and then just let them all mingle with each other regardless of the games lore. Its too messy for my tastes. Of course I could have just chosen the dwarf starting area but that would have been like playing a single player game as it was dead and empty.

Oh and why is reaching level 10 on the trial isle important? You can reach level 10 anywhere cant you?

You are correct.  You can reach level 10 anywhere.  But for Free on the Isle of Dawn you can experience 30 levels of fun content.  10 levels of adventuring, 10 levels of diplomacy and 10 levels of crafting.  Quite a lot of content for free.  By then you'll know if you want to sub or not.

Oh I see what you mean

• MixcoatlMixcoatl Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by neonwire

Oh and why is reaching level 10 on the trial isle important? You can reach level 10 anywhere cant you?

It's not. What is important to do in the island is to complete all three main questlines (Adventuring, Diplomacy, Crafting) in order to get the bracelet of charms (it's named a bit different at that point). It's an item you will be wearing even at max level ;)

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Originally posted by neonwire

It's not. What is important to do in the island is to complete all three main questlines (Adventuring, Diplomacy, Crafting) in order to get the bracelet of charms (it's named a bit different at that point). It's an item you will be wearing even at max level ;)

Unfortunately if a player doesnt like the island and wants to start the game in the area that is suitable and designed for their race (even if those areas are now virtually abandoned) then they miss out on this item......not that I care either way of course as I havent looked at the game for ages and never will image