Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone actually fall for these emails?

VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

[email protected] ([email protected])

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).

As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.

This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales

quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.

This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname

* Date of birth

* Address

* Zip code

* Phone number

* Country

* Account e-mail

* Account name

* Account password

* Secret Question and Answer

-Or-

WoW CD-Key

Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc

Account Administration Team

P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Blizzard Entertainment

2009-09-27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Comments

• NeopsychNeopsych Member UncommonPosts: 324

Lots of kids play this game - not everyone can spot a scam and believes all things are created by decent people.

Scum preys on these ppl

To err is human....to play is divine

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Aye they do, my fav scams are the new CATA Alpha invite emails and the "how to get access to CATA alpha" youtube videos.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Unfortunately, people do, because not everyone of us know how these things work. They'll also get scared when they read such things and will do it.

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

I got the exact same email...even though I've never actually had a World of Warcraft account heh.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

lol i know it's fake but be funny to fill it out get them all excited then know they will being swearing like sailor when they run into my blizz authenticator.  they put the user name and password then submit then blizz asks for code scammer be like noooooooooooo you $&$* so freakin close $$&$& player how dare  you #$&# do that to me. he will send e-mail back which which i ignore and with smile knowing the moron is mad as heck lol.

Originally posted by Pcgamer81

lol i know it's fake but be funny to fill it out get them all excited then know they will being swearing like sailor when they run into my blizz authenticator.  they put the user name and password then submit then blizz asks for code scammer be like noooooooooooo you $&$* so freakin close $$&$& player how dare  you #$&# do that to me. he will send e-mail back which which i ignore and with smile knowing the moron is mad as heck lol.

HMMM to complicated, I just sent them a reply telling them to piss off.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by jinxit

Originally posted by Pcgamer81

HMMM to complicated, I just sent them a reply telling them to piss off.

EEK! and now they know your email address is live its being sold to countless spammers as we speak.

Like that hasn't already been done o.O