Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape Night and Day

StonewoodStonewood Member Posts: 7

Runescape is as different from a good RPG  as night is from day.

Runescape was the first MMORPG I had played, and it bore a striking resemblance to an rpg game I had played years earlier called Bard's Tale.  I really liked it for awhile, but the higher the level the more laborious it became.  Finally it became nothing more than a chore with days or more often weeks passing between brief periods of enjoyment.  Runescape is 99% grind after level 100.

After I quit Runescape I also quit MMORPG's.  The thought of grinding away in another game appalled me.  Then one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a link to a free 10 day trial of World of Warcraft.  I figured I'd download the trial and maybe install it one day if I got bored.  However, you don't need to download the trial before you play as you can download the trial while you play!  I had to try this just to see how well it worked, and it worked flawlessly.  Not once did I ever realize the entire game wasn't already downloaded, there were no pauses or hiccups what so ever.  Even more amazing was that I found that MMORPG's don't have to be all grind!

I'm now a WoW subsciber and the very thought of playing Runescape is as laughable as it is painful.  Not one time have I felt like I was grinding while playing WoW.  NOT ONE TIME have I been called a noob or heard someone else called a noob.  I'm already level 34, and I'm amazed that the next level isn't a month away as it was in Runescape.  People are generally more friendly than abusive, with people actually frequently helping each other out of sticky situations.  All in all, it's has been an entirely night and day experience when compared to Runescape.

Now, I'm not posting this as an advertisement for WoW.  Rather I'm posting it for other people like me who thought MMORPG's had to be a grindfest after playing Runescape.  I can't even get my brother to try WoW because Runescape left such a bad taste in his mouth.  In Runescape you would stand in one spot for an hour hacking away at something (tree, rock, monster, didn't matter) until your inventory filled up then you would go to bank, rinse and repeat.  It actually gives much better experience to stand around chopping on some extremely low level thing (tree, rock, monster, doesn't matter) and dropping whatever it gives you and doing it again and again.  In Wow, lower level entities pay off less and less experience until at a certain level difference they give no experience at all, while higher level entities give excellent experience.  In other words, in Runescape you pretty much have to grind while in WoW grinding is not only unnecessary, it's virtually impossible.

If you are currently playing Runescape and have never tried another RPG like WoW you simply owe it to yourself to give the 10 day free trial a shot.  That is my final word on the subject of Runescape.

Comments

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Nice to see you have found an MMO that fits more into your style of play.

THis kind of post is a good one to remind people that they do not have to PAY for a game they do not like.  You have options now.

WoW has some features that are appreciated by a number of players.  Just know that it is one of the "Easier" MMO games on the market.  Some are more challenging and others are more of a grind.  Does not really make them worse or better unless they fit into what you interpret as FUN!

Games should be fun.  If they are not, do not play them or pay for them.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• Pro_PwnererPro_Pwnerer Member Posts: 51

You grind in WoW all the time, its like runescape its endless killing. The quests that you do just mask the grind that way you

think your not grinding, and when you think your not grinding, your not actually grinding, but i know better i waws bored by lvling.

The first time to lvl 70 was ok. i got my pvp gear, did arena got almost full s4 (stupid weapons and shoulders). But once you

reach max lvl once you'll never want to have to train another account to max lvl again.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

I agree dude, WoW is a pain-in-the-ass grind too, BUT, at least it isn't constricted to mouse restricted movements and poor turn based scaled down combat system, so the "grind" in WoW becomes like a shadow of whatever activity you participate in....I mean profession.

• DarkWolfKaiDarkWolfKai Member Posts: 1

Yeah i felt the same way about runescape. Sure at first you like it and its fun but after so many weeks even days of playing it you notice you are just doing the same things over and over again. Completeing quests gaining levels. But i dont play it anymore. I mean i was a member for about 1 week and then i stopped.  It just started to bore me all the time. And i dont do my regular chores as it is. And i dont feel like making the list longer then it has to be. You know what i mean? But anyways, runescape was all cool. I only played cause a friend recommended it to me. But i stopped eventually...you already read the reason. Just got boring.

XxDark_Wolf_SinouxX

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Good thing about Runescape is the quests and variety of skills. Grind or no grind, you always had something to do in Runescape. Well, if you were a Member. I can't say the same for the F2P players.

It was my first MMO too, and WoW is the closest game (that I've played) that has come close to that, except its "Kill X" and Fed-Ex quests pale in comparison to The Underground Pass, Monkey Madness, etc. Epic quests that required preparation and no mistakes (even with Walkthroughs) and that made you feel awesome after you completed them. Still, WoW has several things you can do to pass the time, even if most of them are grind. When you look at it that way, everything is a grind. The key is to mask it by making the activities as fun, AKA non-repetitive or varying, as possible.

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

The entire sandbox idea to runescape is what I have always loved and esp. the quests. I have never played another mmo game that had quests like runescape that made you so excited to do, esp. with friends. If runescape was back to it's old ways, I would still say it's one of the best mmo games ever. But I can't say that anymore :[

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

Referring to "dragon slayer", the hardest and most challenging free quest, 10k for a map piece? Where's the challenge in that? I still give credit to WoW's quests because of the active coordination and the different roles available, but I give runescapes quests credit for originality.

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Blissey

Referring to "dragon slayer", the hardest and most challenging free quest, 10k for a map piece? Where's the challenge in that? I still give credit to WoW's quests because of the active coordination and the different roles available, but I give runescapes quests credit for originality.

don't expect free quests to be hard.. u can do dragon slayer at level 50, which takes maybe a week to reach.

To Stonewood:

i dont see how WoW isnt a grindfest. its less than a month to level at level 34? well its probably less than a day to level at level 34 in runescape. if u knew what u were doing, runescape is really easy to level up. of course, grinding is never the fastest way to level in runescape. usually mini games are much more efficient. of course, its for members only. but still if u were to compare runescape and WoW, runescape is a whole lot cheaper.

i dont see why u would be so quick to judge WoW to be a good game. u even said u liked Ruenscape for a while. and now that you've tried WoW for 10 days, suddenly u think u can judge it as well as u can runescape? since youve played runescape for longer, u'd naturally know more of its bad points. you've played WoW for 10 days. i doubt u know jack shit about it. saying that WoW isnt a grindfest proves my point..

Originally posted by YamiOfHell

To Stonewood:
    i dont see how WoW isnt a grindfest. its less than a month to level at level 34? well its probably less than a day to level at level 34 in runescape. if u knew what u were doing, runescape is really easy to level up. of course, grinding is never the fastest way to level in runescape. usually mini games are much more efficient. of course, its for members only. but still if u were to compare runescape and WoW, runescape is a whole lot cheaper.
    i dont see why u would be so quick to judge WoW to be a good game. u even said u liked Ruenscape for a while. and now that you've tried WoW for 10 days, suddenly u think u can judge it as well as u can runescape? since youve played runescape for longer, u'd naturally know more of its bad points. you've played WoW for 10 days. i doubt u know jack shit about it. saying that WoW isnt a grindfest proves my point..

Dude, a month to get to level 34 on WoW? Please. Be realistic. It probably would take you "a month" to get to level 34 on WoW, but not everybody. WoW is a grindfest, but not every activity and action in WoW is a grindfest. In Runescape, everything is a predictable grindfest.

1.) WoW has SO many quests just for one race. WoW has WAY more than 157 quests.

2.) In WoW, there are 14 professions, and (I think 4) secondary skills. You? can have 2 professions (that you can change if you want) and all the secondary skills.

3.) WoW has a much greater variety of weapons than Rs. WoW even has bonus on weapons.

Point is ,it's preference to what you like more,? but WoW is just flat out better than RS. It's just fact, WoW is a downloaded game that you have to pay for, RS is a free browser game. There are far too many limitations that being a free browser game creates, so it's not even comparable to any downloaded game, let alone the #1.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

LMAO, regardless of Ruinscape or World of Wallies, it's all grinding down your rl money.

Whats the point of taking ages to get level 76 of anything in ruinscape now it takes about 15 to 20 times your life to get what it used to be for us when we started 7 years ago. Level 76 is the first time of 1 million exp and think how level 98 to 99 needs more than that for the last level. As normal most replies prove a lack of true fulled experience playing the game so lucky those to quit so early that they didn't waste as much of their real life.

If people think WOW will stay better, think again as Runescape was so much better at the beginning but, as will happen to all other games, Jagex play with the players to test how messing the game affects things for the other games they design from income you paid on Runescape. The longer you play an online game the more it goes wrong as they change to use you like car companies use dummies in crash tests - why pay to be proven how stupid you can be???

Those that think otherwise try to wonder what age you want to die. So many playing runescape either died of fatal disease they had that encouraged them to play or else playing games too much caused that since it's lack of sunlight to make Vitamin D in your body to stop flu (including swine) and fatal disease.

Get real and try to see how good a vege garden you can grow, then you get much better enjoyment while helping your health lots more too.

To Stonewood:

Dude, a month to get to level 34 on WoW? Please. Be realistic. It probably would take you "a month" to get to level 34 on WoW, but not everybody. WoW is a grindfest, but not every activity and action in WoW is a grindfest. In Runescape, everything is a predictable grindfest.

2.) In WoW, there are 14 professions, and (I think 4) secondary skills. You? can have 2 professions (that you can change if you want) and all the secondary skills.

3.) WoW has a much greater variety of weapons than Rs. WoW even has bonus on weapons.

Point is ,it's preference to what you like more,? but WoW is just flat out better than RS. It's just fact, WoW is a downloaded game that you have to pay for, RS is a free browser game. There are far too many limitations that being a free browser game creates, so it's not even comparable to any downloaded game, let alone the #1.

unfortunately, u did not read the first 2 words of my post. "To Stonewood"...

also, i didnt say a month TO get to 34. i said a month to level at 34. which means a month for level 34-35.  which is what Stonewood origionally posted.

"I'm already level 34, and I'm amazed that the next level isn't a month away as it was in Runescape."

what i'm trying to say is that in runescape, leveling from 34-35 takes less than a day. he must be comparing level 137-138 in runescape to 34-35 in WoW. even at the hundreds, it doesnt take a month to level in runescape.

NOT TO MENTION! thanks for giving me an idea of how long it take to get to 34 in WoW. apparently a month is fast? it sounds like you're saying that level 34 in a month is pretty damn fast. well according to Stonewood, he made 34 in "a few weeks".

"Then one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a link to a free 10 day trial of World of Warcraft."

now, a month is roughly 4 weeks. so i'm guessing he got to level 34 in a month or so. (REMEMBER: i never even said this in my last post) so apparently, Stonewood is a mindless grinder? well if thats the case, leveling in runescape shouldnt be hard at all.

when u say "In Runescape, everything is a predictable grindfest.", u must be out of ur mind. there are many more things to do in runescape than grind. actually, grinding isnt even fast leveling. the fastest way to level is to play minigames and use those points to "buy" experience. also there are plenty of skills to level up in runescape. if one of them starts to seem like a grindfest, u can just start a different one. and these skills interact with each other, and create a long process that you have to go through to make the simplest things. cooking certain things take an excruciatingly long time. when you say grinding, doing the same thing over and over comes to my mind. and when you smith an item in runescape, you have to first mine ores, smelt them into bars, and then choose what to make with those bars. i dont see how a 3 step process is a grindfest.

Look to see how the higher you go that Ruinedscape levels take ages more each time;

Skill Level Experience

Level Experience                     Level Experience                      Level Experience

1 - 0                                            34 - 20,224                                67 - 547,953

2 - 83                                         35 - 22,406                                 68 - 605,032

3 - 174                                       36 - 24,815                                 69 - 668,051

4 - 276                                       37 - 27,473                                 70 - 737,627

5 - 388                                       38 - 30,408                                 71 - 814,445

6 - 512                                       39 - 33,648                                 72 - 899,257

7 - 650                                       40 - 37,224                                 73 - 992,895

8 - 801                                       41 - 41,171                                 74 - 1,096,278

9 - 969                                       42 - 45,529                                 75 - 1,210,421

10 - 1,154                                 43 - 50,339                                 76 - 1,336,443

11 - 1,358                                 44 - 55,649                                 77 - 1,475,581

12 - 1,584                                 45 - 61,512                                 78 - 1,629,200

13 - 1,833                                 46 - 67,983                                 79 - 1,798,808

14 - 2,107                                 47 - 75,127                                 80 - 1,986,068

15 - 2,411                                 48 - 83,014                                 81 - 2,192,818

16 - 2,746                                 49 - 91,721                                 82 - 2,421,087

17 - 3,115                                 50 - 101,333                               83 - 2,673,114

18 - 3,523                                 51 - 111,945                               84 - 2,951,373

19 - 3,973                                 52 - 123,660                               85 - 3,258,594

20 - 4,470                                 53 - 136,594                               86 - 3,597,792

21 - 5,018                                 54 - 150,872                               87 - 3,972,294

22 - 5,624                                 55 - 166,636                               88 - 4,385,776

23 - 6,291                                 56 - 184,040                               89 - 4,842,295

24 - 7,028                                 57 - 203,254                               90 - 5,346,332

25 - 7,842                                 58 - 224,466                               91 - 5,902,831

26 - 8,740                                 59 - 247,886                               92 - 6,517,253

27 - 9,730                                 60 - 273,742                               93 - 7,195,629

28 - 10,824                               61 - 302,288                              94 - 7,944,614

29 - 12,031                               62 - 333,804                              95 - 8,771,558

30 - 13,363                               63 - 368,599                              96 - 9,684,577

31 - 14,833                               64 - 407,015                              97 - 10,692,629

32 - 16,456                               65 - 449,428                              98 - 11,805,606

33 - 18,247                               66 - 496,254                              99 - 13,034,431 

So if level 35 is a month (doesn't matter if it's 1 skill or combat level) then it will be about 580 months playing for 99. hehe omg it's over 48 years at that rate, yea thats why players that are on a couple of hours a day are mostly quitting and you must see how long it will take for any level now if you compare where you are and what level you want. Remember to allow a percentage rate of earlier death in real life the faster you want to level your pixels.

To those back to a good real life enjoy it, the rest it's a shame too many to feel sorry for with their ignorance of their own health

To Stonewood:

unfortunately, u did not read the first 2 words of my post. "To Stonewood"...

also, i didnt say a month TO get to 34. i said a month to level at 34. which means a month for level 34-35.  which is what Stonewood origionally posted.

"I'm already level 34, and I'm amazed that the next level isn't a month away as it was in Runescape."

what i'm trying to say is that in runescape, leveling from 34-35 takes less than a day. he must be comparing level 137-138 in runescape to 34-35 in WoW. even at the hundreds, it doesnt take a month to level in runescape.

NOT TO MENTION! thanks for giving me an idea of how long it take to get to 34 in WoW. apparently a month is fast? it sounds like you're saying that level 34 in a month is pretty damn fast. well according to Stonewood, he made 34 in "a few weeks".

"Then one day a few weeks ago I stumbled upon a link to a free 10 day trial of World of Warcraft."

now, a month is roughly 4 weeks. so i'm guessing he got to level 34 in a month or so. (REMEMBER: i never even said this in my last post) so apparently, Stonewood is a mindless grinder? well if thats the case, leveling in runescape shouldnt be hard at all.

when u say "In Runescape, everything is a predictable grindfest.", u must be out of ur mind. there are many more things to do in runescape than grind. actually, grinding isnt even fast leveling. the fastest way to level is to play minigames and use those points to "buy" experience. also there are plenty of skills to level up in runescape. if one of them starts to seem like a grindfest, u can just start a different one. and these skills interact with each other, and create a long process that you have to go through to make the simplest things. cooking certain things take an excruciatingly long time. when you say grinding, doing the same thing over and over comes to my mind. and when you smith an item in runescape, you have to first mine ores, smelt them into bars, and then choose what to make with those bars. i dont see how a 3 step process is a grindfest.

Many more things? Like what?  Minigames? . All you do is CLICK your way to 99 until you have carpal tunnel syndrome. this I will not emphasize about because YOU know what's best for yourself and you know what years of experience can bring. Skills? they're all the same thing really. CLICK here CLICK THERE, click to move, watch as avatar initiates turnbased combat system...MEIN GOTT you actually use the "variety" of the skill as a defense against being a grind? Funny. I see no variety @ all unless of course you CONSIDER the different pixels that are involved. A log, a rock, an ore, a piece of shrimp........all diffrent pixels but same way to obtain them. Pathetic isn't it? Mine ores? all you do is click on a rock again and again until you get your ore. Smelt? same clicking repetitve thing? Choose? All you do is make the item that is most in demand, and because of the pyramid scam thang that's going on, you have to SELL A.S.A.P. Cooking takes an excruciatingly long time-a long and tedious process of clicking on one ingredient WITHOUT ANY GODDAMN HOTKEY SUPPORT and clicking on the other to complete the formula-then cooking it. Do this for the next 6 months and you might get your useless cape. Conclusion is, they DO interact w/ each other but that is limited since trade is limited. In my clan I used to have a smithy, cook, and fisher. We all share we all pass raw materials to the next person and is distributed by me, but now, where's the interaction? With the limit of social and welfare interaction comes less interest in overall aspect so runescape is hands down "trash" for me.

Hehe I don't know how to quote you Blissey without all that other stuff as I personally hate re-reading so much of it again.

With your comments about mining I remember how I used to go into Hero Guild to mine Runite Ore and at first was put off by the 50 or so world hoppers each time. Realising it took 22 minutes for the Runite Rock to renew I mined lots of coal and the mith and addy also then banked at Rogues Den and so on making sure to be back in that area by the 22 minutes. So so many world hoppers came and went all the time and usually I got both ores every time, even if someone came I normally outdid them so imagine how if each world had someone like that then all world hoppers would jump endlessly for no ore. How many pay US$5 or NZ$11 a month to keep changing worlds for nothing - funny how watching pixels change can be so addictive!

Oh it was very addictive. Back before they killed trade I saw quite a number of ways to keep myself addicted. I always enjoyed making multiple sets of full mithril and giving them out to lucky people in lumbridge. The ability to give was one thing that kept me "addicted" in the game.

Well it sure was then when the game was enjoyable, mith used to have that wealth with so many new players that needed it. Now you hardly see any new players at all and I made a lot of decent friends giving them stuff that way. Some are real life friends now and like me all have quit too. Mith is vertually worthless now and addy isn't much better so 5k of each bars gone to waste by me. Mining is only worth macroing to get runite to sell for most those kids now, smithing doesn't have much need at all anymore since drops give you most of what was saleable before. Whats the point of any skill apart from pure's to PK now, such a dumb game now Jagex have stuffed it like putting it into a huge blender.

When you limit the amount of items you get value, now it seems just Jagex players get those drops for their own wealth and the honest players don't see any decent drops at all although so many have better levels to deserve it. It can be summed up with recent Hunting skill that I enjoyed getting Imp's in Boxes to use for banking better but now you have to have beads aswell to catch them - as if it didn't take long enough to catch them before at level 80 Hunt and now who in hell collects enough beads for Hunters like me to use if I was a zombie to waste all that time trying to fill my 250 boxes.

I doubt Jagex have 1 full brain amoungst all those that work for them, never in my life have I seen such stupidity to ruin anything at all when it was a valuable worth to their company - I would have seen more of real life than stupid Mods Mark & Andrew put together. Now if you know of anyone that plays you should label each as big idiots being addicted to stay on no matter what they do to encourage you to quit!

• blackhawk432blackhawk432 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by NovaKayne

Nice to see you have found an MMO that fits more into your style of play.

THis kind of post is a good one to remind people that they do not have to PAY for a game they do not like.  You have options now.

WoW has some features that are appreciated by a number of players.  Just know that it is one of the "Easier" MMO games on the market.  Some are more challenging and others are more of a grind.  Does not really make them worse or better unless they fit into what you interpret as FUN!

Games should be fun.  If they are not, do not play them or pay for them.

Lock this thread up this bloke spilled it all :D

Thumbs up!

(Text highlighted for importance notes)

"My bretheren ,let's look at the skills in depth.

Woodcutting; click tree, wait. Never changes.

Fishing; click fishing hole, wait. Never changes.

Mining; click rock, wait. Never changes.

Brothers,when almost all of them are the same, all of them are boring, and all just suck in general, it isn't enough to call "variation",

RS is not hard, though. None of the skills are anything more than repetitively doing the same thing 10,000s of times for a useless cape, the combat is so simple a monkey can grasp it, and PVE content is a total joke, the mini games are not "hard", and the quests are usually not too? difficult."

-Yourmom5000

• StonewoodStonewood Member Posts: 7

WoW Update and clarification:

Someone mentioned that the short time I'd been playing WoW didn't allow for an informed opinion as to the quality of WoW.  Sure, I can agree with that, however, my post wasn't a review of WoW, it was a heads up to other Runescape players past and present that might not have tried another mmorpg and therefore think they all have to be an endless, mindnumbing chore like Runescape.  I knew enough about WoW after playing a couple days to see the night and day differences between the way you leveled your character in each game.

I think a few people missed that point entirely, which was really the whole point.  I simply could not ever play Runescape again, or another game like it.  Long before I quit I was completely fed up with it, yet, like a bad financial investment I kept hoping things would turn around.  I'd spent so much time on my Runescape character that it was hard to accept all that time was wasted.  I wish I'd tried WoW or another MMORPG like it a LONG time ago and saved myself a lot of wasted time in Runescape.

It wasn't that there was nothing fun about Runescape, it was that the fun times got fewer and farther between the higher level you got.  I did like questing in Runescape, it was actually my favorite part of the game and I was going for a quest cape.  However, all too many quests had huge level requirements for skills that were pure grindfest chores.  I remember having a woodcutting level of nearly zero when a quest I wanted to do required around 50.  I had to stand around chopping on trees, the most boring activity in the history of video games, for many days just so I could do the quest.

WoW quest might lean more toward "kill x number of monstrer and return to me", while Runescape leans more toward "go talk to dude x who will tell you to talk to dude y who will tell you to talk to dude z who will tell you to go back to dude x", but as a whole the quests really aren't that different, it's the questing process that is.  In Runescape going from dude x to dude y is a simple risk free walk from point a to point b.  The challenge comes in when dude y tells you to chop a log from a certain tree and you then have to go stand around chopping on trees for 10 hours to get the wood cutting level to chop the tree to get the log for dude y.  In WoW, just getting from dude x to dude y is the challenge.  You might have to sneek past a roomful of guards to steal a key or you might have to fight your way across vast killing fields of foes with several friends at your side.  You might have to defeat a boss monster that is several levels above you using a well thought out battle plan or even just turn around and talk to the dude standing behind you.  The difference is night and day.  In WoW, your character's skills and abilities can make the quest easier to complete, while in Runescape the quest is impossible to complete until woodcutting is level 50 then it is as simple as walking to a tree and clicking on it.

WoW is not a perfect game by any means.  I don't like flying from point to point, I would like to be teleported instantly instead of having to wait several minutes.  I think the armour and weapons are a bit over the top in how they get bigger and chunkier every level until at the top levels they are bigger than the person wearing them.  However, I've been playing for nearly a month now and not one time have I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over to the point it felt like a chore.  Quite to the contrary, it's been very exciting.  While dying has much less consequence in WoW as it does in Runescape, it's still an event you gravely try to avoid, and if you do quests while they are still challenging you are facing death at every turn.

So make no mistake about it, I'm not saying WoW is better than Runescape because of x, y, and z.  I'm saying Runescape is the worst game I have ever played and I really wish I could go back and unplay all those hours spent standing around clicking on the same thing over and over.  However, not all MMORPG's are stand in one spot and click grindfests like Runescape so don't let Runescape sour you to the whole genre.

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

This thread is just retarded... EVERY mmo is a grind. It doesnt matter what you argue because it's true. The only reason why you would argue is because you either ARE having fun grinding to the desired level or AREN'T having fun. And those who AREN'T having fun start bitchin like little girls because it takes so long. MMO's are SUPPOSE to take a long time to get to a high level. Both runescape and wow are grinds because it takes TIME. That is a fact! 

Final thoughts are: If you like the grind DO IT. If not then find a new MMO to grind on or play xbox or ps3.

So you can see why something like God Wars is a lackluster, oversimplified version of this just like any other of Rs's alternatives to mindless? grinding. Unfortunately, auto-attacking with a series of pots, food, prayer, maybe a quest item, and rare occurrences of tiny groups working together is beyond lame.Each of the 10 classes have anywhere from? 5-30 abilities to use exclusively in combat or for a raid, depending on their role being DPS (Melee, ranged, spell), Healers, and Tanks/off tanks. Runescape continues to be set way below expectations for anybody wanting to seriously play a legitimate game, have some sense of thought provocation, and get quality entertainment.I also forgot to mention the roles of CC (crowd controls), if applicable. Of course that is all dependent? on if the boss of trash being fought is affected, somewhat affected, or completely immune to any sort of CC whatsoever. Pardon me not respecting people who haven't played both, or correcting their slanderous and wrongful opinions on the subject. This is neither serious, or requires a lot of focus or passion of any kind; it's common sense. 

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

now wow have fall aion leading and i heard alot ppl judge wow a bad game nowday and go to for aion,well ur so funny actually last time 2000 people said runescape good then about 2002 said wow ,maple etc then today aion lol

well my option is runescape based on more automative game like u hit monster and watch 1 well if u 1 the game not like this 1 i suggest u can try aion,lineage2,dragonica etc that have more skill to spam

y runescape cannot have skill like lineage2 dragonica that spam skill?

jagex mean java game expect that it work by java that no need download ,but important is java technology at that time r not so good that cannot make alot move otherwise it will lag,jagex work by ajax asynchronous javascript and xml so that this make dun need download and in that time the technology still in alpha not beta and ajax relase first draft at apirl 2006 u know lan and 2 other jagex staff was a former jagex staff and after that they went to work at java staff.

so runescape was like a testing game that work by ajax

more ajax u can see the wikipedia

i think mechscape (this year or next year relase) will be more action like robot fight instead like runescape automating 1 cos the java tenchnology is improving,after mechscape they will be another game that jagex also plan about 2012+ relase.

imageimage