Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGs are sort of all the same...

I've playead atleast 20mmorpgsimage in my mmorpg life time and consequently I have came to the conclusion that they're kinnda all the same... Ok.. Here's what I mean.. Before you flame me atleast hear me out.. All you do is grind get more money buy items go grind some more... And no, that's not what bugs me like some other people... It's the fight system!

Come on! Atleast TRY to start some new fight styles.. I mean this is what fighting basically is.. Auto attack by either selecting it from a menu clicking it on a botton or clicking the enemy use skills using some sort of point or rage system and wait.. image I would like to see some more exciting battles.. Sure fighting a big boss with this style of fighting might sort of in some way be exciting.. But still.. It just feels all the same... Do you know of anything I might want to try? Something more real time or less real time just different.. Give me veriety image!!

I_WANT_AC2!!!

I was 12 years old when I made this account, 4 years ago. That's why it's so obnoxious sounding. R.I.P. AC2

Comments

• gattm99gattm99 Member Posts: 85

Have you tried AC2 I hear some people like it. 

LOL

• MEWANTAC2MEWANTAC2 Member Posts: 3
    Dude.. I made this account before the launch of AC2 okay.. I made it for the soul purpos of talking about it at the time... Anyways any valid responses to my question?

I_WANT_AC2!!!

I was 12 years old when I made this account, 4 years ago. That's why it's so obnoxious sounding. R.I.P. AC2

• VepoVepo Member Posts: 114

I've taken part in 15 MMO's from Ulitma Online up to Matrix Online and I can understand what you mean by there all the same with the "grind get more money buy items go grind some more". The only problem is I don't think we will ever see a new fighting system or change to the MMO grind added to MMOG's.

We will just have to wait and see what the future MMO's have to offer.

-----------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Dark Age of Camelot (EU), Ragnarok Online, Knights Online, City of Heroes, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft (US), Matrix Online.

-----------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Dark Age of Camelot (EU), Ragnarok Online, Knights Online, City of Heroes, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft (US), Matrix Online.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Wait for Wish, DnL, Face of Mankind or D&DO. Promising things comign from all of them

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

Matrix Online

<Turns on anti-ignorant mxo basher shield>

Seriously if you're tired of that garbage monotonous combat of other mmos, this game for you and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Later.

(You can either listen to them or put down 10$ for a preorder disk and give it a shot yourself, not much to lose. Thats 4 months of play for 10 bucks, not a bad deal, even if it sucked :P)

• RvincentRvincent Member Posts: 15

I feel your pain, Alot of MMO's claim to be the "Latest and greatest" but they are a dissapointment.

I hope that someday we have something good and original coming from budding devs

• magicalstevemagicalsteve Member Posts: 116

You're right, every MMOG is a shinier clone of the one before it.

There's always the grind, and the only way to get over this problem is to play one of these two games.

WWIIonline - Because there is no grind.

AO - Because the grind is fun. Really fun.

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575

They never the same if you people would learn how to roleplay which is what the games were intended for maybe you would get into it.There is more to a MMORPG than just lvlin and finding items.Its about community and players and the players are what makes a game good btw.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

MMO's are what one makes it, if you enjoy the content and people you've made friends with, then its never a grind.  Each MMO will have different things to offer, but remember its the players and friends you make that can bring better enjoyment. 

Cheers