Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worst game patch system

sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
ok i got L2 for xmas diddnt even bother to play it because i had to do full file cheack and with the retail game it takes about 7 hours and i dont want to wait 7 hours to play a game that might not even work

its good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die

Comments

• stinger33stinger33 Member Posts: 66

I think thats because you have to download the new expansion, Chronicle 2 or something. That's why it'd take so long.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by sqwiggins
    ok i got L2 for xmas diddnt even bother to play it because i had to do full file cheack and with the retail game it takes about 7 hours and i dont want to wait 7 hours to play a game that might not even workits good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die

go and die then, stupid.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

ok i got L2 for xmas diddnt even bother to play it because i had to do full file cheack and with the retail game it takes about 7 hours and i dont want to wait 7 hours to play a game that might not even workits good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die
    7 hours is not alot...

You probably have the prelude version.... so you are downloaded 2 expansions. C1 and C2.

Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

7 hours is not alot..

my ass its not =/

i can really feel for him, if i had to wait 7 hours to play a game... I think I'd give up. (or do it while im sleeping, you know like smart people)

Achiever 86%
    Killer 60%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 13%

• sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
    ok maybe its not a lot to you if you dont have a life but i have to work play sports and take care of house my life comes befor a game im not gonna wait around 7 hours for a game

• vargtassvargtass Member Posts: 10

what the..?

Why don't you just start downloading before you got to bed, and its finished when you get up in the morning? Total time wasted = About 5min. If there should be a problem, which results in having to start downloading again, just click the button again when you wake up and let it on while you work? Wasted time = About 6min. It's not like you have to sit at you're computer and watch the downloading screen all the time...

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

ok maybe its not a lot to you if you dont have a life but i have to work play sports and take care of house my life comes befor a game im not gonna wait around 7 hours for a game

... Just start it before you go to work/bed/sports or whatever... doesnt take a freakin' rocket scientist to figure that one out image

In fact, i would expect you to be MORE upset if you DIDNT have a life, because then you're having to sit there for 7 hours and do nothing while L2 does it's thing... be thankful you can actually have other things to do while it's doing it's thing...

--------------------------------
    BigPeeler - The Origin

Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Man!... Why you gotta be like that Peeler?..."
    Peeler: "I dunno man... thats just the way it is. ^.-"
    Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Aye..."

BETTER RECOGNIZE!!!

--------------------------------------

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by BigPeeler
    Originally posted by sqwiggins ok maybe its not a lot to you if you dont have a life but i have to work play sports and take care of house my life comes befor a game im not gonna wait around 7 hours for a game its good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die
    ... Just start it before you go to work/bed/sports or whatever... doesnt take a freakin' rocket scientist to figure that one out

probably he does not know it take that long to download. so let say he started downloading from 6 pm., he tot it will end at 7 or 8 pm....but it doesn't....

• TarrouTarrou Member Posts: 3

sorry i disagree this is a great system and its free...

• FourswordsFourswords Member Posts: 8
    well ive had to download it twice now to find out my new pc's graphics card was funny so i have to wait another week while my subscription is stil runnign oh the joy lol nvm doesent rly bother me busy weekend n all lol. the patch system would be a whole lot better if it told you the % it was on ¬.¬ instead of leaving u in the dark abotu where it is

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

The patch delivery system is decent... and if it is taking you 7+hrs to download then you need to relook at your connection speed. I have cable at home and it took more like 2-3hrs. Plus you can start the patching and goto bed and when you wake-up it is all there. So there is not much tom complain about there. If and when EQ2 and WoW make a major update to the world they will have a big download as well... unless they want to milk you and make you pay for the upgrade disc.

My only complaint is not enough patches I want to see content to download everyweek and bug fixes done. Least get something out of our 30-60min downtime a day and 2hrs on Weds.

Solnicaris - ShadowsHand Clan Leader - ERICA

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• FourswordsFourswords Member Posts: 8

i wouldent say it was the best lol it doesent tell u how many files to go what % time left etc and it would depenad on the connection on how fast it goes and the time mine took about 5hrs from prelude - C2 and im on 512kb line. anwyays i think i have 2 do it for a third time soon when i get my pc back again ¬.¬

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    I feel for u i just got it now on like my 9th hour of patching lol its kinda what happene when ya buy a online game late after release.You gotta catch up with patchin so ive been playin WoW while its been patchin for the past 9 hours and still going.
    Any idea what file is close to the end of the patch i mean i been patchin since freakin 3pm yester day its now 6 am and its still frickin patching im about to cancel my account before i even get to play no game is worth this damn patching.
  • Hekkr1Hekkr1 Member Posts: 4
    its a great game so you should patch it even it takes that long :)
    Ive yet to see anything great about the game yeah its a great piece of eye candy but the combat system and loot and hunting its just like the rest of them asian based games MU,Priston tale,Etc Etc..I find it enjoyable but not worth the money or that wait time for patches.Thats just my opinion though so dont take me wrong i mean if you like these kinda games its great i do like the open pvp i love thrashing the lame KSers when they come around try and gank my kills.