Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm LOL'ing so hard my sides hurt

blakavarblakavar Member Posts: 304

The whole /key thing all day all night.

The GM's shouting "DO not steal that KEY...DO not steal those KEYS!"

People trying to help "Gawd dude just type /key dont keep typing /key 3345-6654 etc etc"

ROFL

Like dropping a 50$ in a crack house

I love FE but this key thing was a EPIC fail, hilarious though.

Comments

• Spadez88Spadez88 Member Posts: 88

Well i bought it at game stop 2 days ago can i cant wait to play. gotta wait till the 30th to pick it up though = (.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by blakavar

People trying to help "Gawd dude just type /key dont keep typing /key 3345-6654 etc etc"
    ROFL

Haha, yeah. I don't hang out in New Player, but they really should have had a better system for getting keys. It wouldn't have been that hard to include a popup when you first log into your character outside the tutorial that asks for the key. It would work the same way, but have it's own box.

Meh. Fun times.

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140

ROFL

Lol some people, just don't know any better... Funny though

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

For someone who isn't playing, could you provide background?

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I also find the new player chat funny with how many people say "how do I skip the tutorial?"  followed by a bunch of people saying DO NOT SKIP THE TUTORIAL, lol, hehe.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by Dekron

when you get the game, you get something special depending on where you bought the game and it's given to you by typing

/key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

In game. There is a New Player chat, which is one of the few globals in the game and the default chat you talk in when you first log into the game.

Newbies are apparently spamming the chat with their key codes, for their free cool items, which allows anyone to take them for themselves. lol

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

haha. to good to be true.

now im off to lurke in the newbie chat :D 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• blakavarblakavar Member Posts: 304

It sounds worse then it is. Nobody will really get away with stealing a key, it stupid to really try the gm's will track it and ban you for it and the newbie will get thier item.

It doesnt stop folks from messing with the poor folks who accidently type thier key code into global chat...or messing with the GM's either. All together makes for hilarious reading.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by TheHatter

when you get the game, you get something special depending on where you bought the game and it's given to you by typing

/key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

In game. There is a New Player chat, which is one of the few globals in the game and the default chat you talk in when you first log into the game.

Newbies are apparently spamming the chat with their key codes, for their free cool items, which allows anyone to take them for themselves. lol

Ah. I was thinking of the game key. Retard noobs. *laugh*

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

no that is just  awesome u know evolution in action

BestSigEver :P

• detobudetobu Member Posts: 20

The GM's sound awesome lol

DONT STEAL THOSE KEYS

DONT COPY THAT  FLOPPY

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

/key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Well, technically, as of a few days ago and as can be seen in the chat window when you first log in, you are only supposed to the /key and then a pop-up box will appear for you to type your key into. I did it the old fashioned way during the advanced start but I took the precaution of grouping with my wife, switching the chat to Team and then typing it in there. This just illustrates how many people actually don't take the time to think ahead when doing things, in my opinion. They just do and hope for the best which further stamps the the kind of stuff we see in the news that other people do.

The more I see stuff like this the more I think I really should watch that movie Idiocracy, lol.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Khalathwyr
    Originally posted by Dekron For someone who isn't playing, could you provide background?

/key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Well, technically, as of a few days ago and as can be seen in the chat window when you first log in, you are only supposed to the /key and then a pop-up box will appear for you to type your key into. I did it the old fashioned way during the advanced start but I took the precaution of grouping with my wife, switching the chat to Team and then typing it in there. This just illustrates how many people actually don't take the time to think ahead when doing things, in my opinion. They just do and hope for the best which further stamps the the kind of stuff we see in the news that other people do.
    The more I see stuff like this the more I think I really should watch that movie Idiocracy, lol.

Right... its not all their faults, then. I also put mine in with /key xxxx-xxx in chat in the advanced start. That is -exactly- what they tell you to do in the email that you get when you register (and it worked fine for me at the time). So if they indeed change it to a pop-up box only, I can see how people would be unhappily losing their keys.