Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice about mounts, *please?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Hi,

im not totally new to L2, as i have several lowbie characters,

and even though its been at least a year since i last played this game, i have been following it a little bit online, and i think the game keeps getting better and better,

so im thinking of coming back to the game.

JUST ONE QUESTION;

Back in the olden days when i had first started playing, i remember the dragons werent even out yet, than they were released, ALAS it was nigh impossible for an average gamer like me to get one... (I MIGHT BE WRONG, but it felt that way back than.....)

HAS THIS CHANGED AT ALL?

I hear the implementations of new mounts such as rideable wolves (Fenrir?) and armored horses...?

Is it extremly hard to get em`?

Can i buy a wolf pup, raise it all the way to mount size by feeding it and just ride on it, exploring the world and fighting on it?? (im not mentioning huge dragons for myself as it would be too hardcore BUT MAYBE as a casual gamer i could get another mount to ride&fight on?? ?? )

Coz if i could get such a mount, it would be a dream come through!!

Than i would play all the way from newbe areas to more advanced levels without hesitation in this beautiful game, always thinking ofthe mount that im gonna get, and when i finally get it, its likely that i would play this game for years to come!! (unless i die, or internet turns into skynet and destroyes mankind or something,....:D )

Thank you!!

Comments

• VittoriosoVittorioso Member UncommonPosts: 33

The easiest thing to get is a Hatchling and then evolve it to a Styder. I like them a bit more than wolves.

A wolf is easy to but the quest is a little bit long and bored, BUT, Great Wolf and the nFenfir and Snow Fenfir are great!

I dont know atm how to get the horse....

If yo uwant to get something fast, get the Stryder, but if you want something cool do wolf quest.

• SmirSmir Member UncommonPosts: 8

You could level your own mount, i guess it would take about a month or so, good thing is if you level a wolf, it can also assist you in leveling a it gets higher!

Smir - Legend of Mir

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Thank you for your replies! :)

From what i understand from your answers, it is indeed very feasible to be able to get a mount in Lineage 2 now.

YET, there is one last thing that is really bugging me:D

A.K.A=Mounted Combat.

IF we take the wolf, for examle;

i understand that i can raise it as my pet, and eventually it even becomes useful during combat as my pet (DD perhaps), attacking the enemies together with my character....

BUT what about mounted combat?

If i finally raise my pets so that i can ride them, WHEN RIDING them, (mounted) can i STILL ATTACK mobs&monsters etc...=?

Is it possible=?

Or maybe there is no mounted combat, OR EVEN IF there IS; its NOT a good idea to fight while you are mounted?

BUMP

Although bumping this thread might be futile as i dont think many people would have the answer to my last question........................................................................(about if there is mounted combat, and if its in general a decent idea to fight while mounted, or peophaps it totally nerfs your character and thus not a worthwhile idea at all)

cheers

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

yes there is so you can attack with your mount when you are riding him.. is it good, no.

using the pets as mounts are only for looks and movment speed.

Originally posted by SwampDragons

yes there is so you can attack with your mount when you are riding him.. is it good, no.
    using the pets as mounts are only for looks and movment speed.

Exactly what i needed to know. Thank you.

Well, TBH i am a little disappointed regarding the mounted combat issue,, *but i still think that L2 is a pretty cool game (especially with the latest additions), so i guess ill be back soon anyways.

Prepare your mounts to be mounted!! :D