Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive changes to PvP coming soon

rexkramerrexkramer Member Posts: 28

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Linsey_Murdock/Journal

Lots of interesting changes are being planned. From what I've read, it'll be a big shake up (and maybe a much needed one) to the PvP portion of the game. One of my pet peeves is finally being addressed:

"Syncing Random - Our server programmer has been investigating how to fix this age-old problem of organized teams appearing in Random Arena, and we’re hoping to have the results in time for this build."

Gamer / Semi-Important Person / Definitely More Important Than You / Wanna Fight About It?

Now Playing: Games, More Games, A Few Games You Don't Play, Do You Really Care What I Play?

Comments

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

The synching thing has already been fixed this past week. Great news for random arena, heavily suckaged FA/JQ though. The quality of players ended up slipping as soon as the fix took effect.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

The Sealed Deck arena seems to be kind of cool and kind of retarded. I'll see how that turns out. "The Henchmen Project" and them mentioning the PvE revising of builds is amazing news, and something that should have happened a loooong time ago. Getting the tournament up again would also be great as it's kind of main income... Overall it seems to be a pretty nice update, although potentially terrible - as always when you mess with the PvPers who find great joy in abusing everything possible.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

As much as I'm generally fond of hero/henching, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the revising of henchmen. Every mission and area is currently hero/henchable even in HM with some preparation and care, and it just feels right to have the henchmen have a handicap to encourage grouping.

Overall though, as long as the necro henchmen keep Blood Ritual, I'll live with whatever changes take affect.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Gennadios
     As much as I'm generally fond of hero/henching, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the revising of henchmen. Every mission and area is currently hero/henchable even in HM with some preparation and care, and it just feels right to have the henchmen have a handicap to encourage grouping.
    Overall though, as long as the necro henchmen keep Blood Ritual, I'll live with whatever changes take affect.

The thing is that since all missions are H/H in HM the henchmen are only an annoyance with their horrible builds, but not any actual restriction. Grouping will always be favored since being able to pick your own builds is in always superior to being forced to have half your team have unsynchronized builds.

• shadowspawnxshadowspawnx Member Posts: 4

I'm not a big pvp'r but I do have a couple of pvp characters on my account just in case. The most interesting thing I see about this update is the lowering of RP points for pvp skins along with the ability to unlock those skins with zcoins as well. It would be nice for a casual pvp player who only does RA/JQ/FA to have the ability to unlock pvp FoW.