Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer admitted mistake is making the game too easy play so is AOC

Anyhow, Warhammer has chosen the word to admit their mistakes. Apparently, there are more mistakes in the game. Somehow, I also think AOC has the same mistake. The game is too easy to play. It surprised me that many contents in AOC are brutal, bloody, and the conversation is tedious, NPC animation tends to be aggressive sch as pointed their hand towards you. And of course, AOC game story started because you have rescued a prostitute.  

What I am trying to say is the player age should be rather amature. But the game seems to me is targeting to early teens. It's way too easy.

I can't play all classes but max 8 characters. IMO, the Guardian is the most tricky and complicated class to play. But disppointedly, people playing guadian just because it is most welcome to find a group. The guardian skills become useless because there is no reason to pick Goad, Imp Goad etc to hold agro. The guardian is tasteless without challenge which is different from other games that you really need a tank to keep agro tight. 

I think a 24 man raid only needs 8 guadians, 8 healers, 8 dps can be done most of the instances, Why people bother to looking for 2 Bar, 2 Sin, 2 Conq ...etc. All and all just to get better chance to loot epic.

This is game is way too easy to play and everything is based on armors and weapons. It don't matter what Feat you build up. They all work well because the bossmob are all too dumb. 

What to make you so excel only because you are wearing epic armors/weapons in AOC.

Comments

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

This is the.. hmm.. fifth or sixth MMO you are trolling? You got tired of the EQ2/POTBS/FFIX/LoTRO/WAR forums? Apparently, all those games are bugged beyond belief, lotro's warden is impossible to play, WoW nerfed rangers too much, it's impossible to find raids in WoW, animal-head trophies in lotro are abhorent, and rescuing a whore is immoral. And those a just a few of your statements.

Seriously, I scanned quickly through your posting history (the joy of being stuck at work..) and you don't have ONE serious posting. Seriously, not a single one, just pages and pages of pure trolling.

Please close (yet another) obvious trolling thread.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

This is indeed interesting. There is a line somewhere between what we half lovingly refer to as trolling, and something that would give a person a diagnosis. I have been playing with the thought of forwarding some contributors work to a "professional" if he/she had an interest in how human behavior is affected by feeling anonymous.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Not really all that true on a pvp server.

Mabey getting to 80 is still easy, even with the ffa pvp slowing down your progression.  Ever get to pvp level 5?  Now that IS a grind, the actual pvp combat itself is difficult...there is just a lot more going on during fights than with most game.

If you plan on playing this as a pve game, on a pvp server, it is way to easy.  It is fun however, for a few characters.  A lot of people roll level specific pvp characters to participate in ffa pvp hotspots and hang out untill pvp level 5, this includes participating in minis.

Also some people consider a games difficulty in terms of how long it takes to get to endgame, how long it takes to get equipment, and how long you will be re-grinding lost xp on deaths.  My personal preference of a bit longer trip to endgame is sufficed by the amount of effort it takes to get to pvp level 5.

Then they will patch in the new guild systems, so look forward to grinding pvp/pve/crafting to level your guild, which i am.

So i guess i do agree with the op, the trip to 80 is a bit fast.  Much longer to actually max out a charter however.

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Larry2298

Anyhow, Warhammer has chosen the word to admit their mistakes. Apparently, there are more mistakes in the game. Somehow, I also think AOC has the same mistake. The game is too easy to play. It surprised me that many contents in AOC are brutal, bloody, and the conversation is tedious, NPC animation tends to be aggressive sch as pointed their hand towards you. And of course, AOC game story started because you have rescued a prostitute.  
    What I am trying to say is the player age should be rather amature. But the game seems to me is targeting to early teens. It's way too easy.
    I can't play all classes but max 8 characters. IMO, the Guardian is the most tricky and complicated class to play. But disppointedly, people playing guadian just because it is most welcome to find a group. The guardian skills become useless because there is no reason to pick Goad, Imp Goad etc to hold agro. The guardian is tasteless without challenge which is different from other games that you really need a tank to keep agro tight. 
    I think a 24 man raid only needs 8 guadians, 8 healers, 8 dps can be done most of the instances, Why people bother to looking for 2 Bar, 2 Sin, 2 Conq ...etc. All and all just to get better chance to loot epic.
    This is game is way too easy to play and everything is based on armors and weapons. It don't matter what Feat you build up. They all work well because the bossmob are all too dumb. 
    What to make you so excel only because you are wearing epic armors/weapons in AOC.

WAR = Too much of a WoW copy. Nothing new for people. If someone have been playing WoW for years, why jump over to a game like WAR? And it have faction peoblems etc.

AoC too easy? Have you even played that game? In WoW you can just click 1, 2, 3 and you win. In AoC you have a new combat system that take more time to learn. And if you play on a PvP server it ain't that easy to lvl up. Maybe the quests are not that hard, but you have players that hunt you like crazy. =)

And please tell me a game that is not based on armors and weapons???

Nah you fail. You make my old trolling look pro.

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

WAR is just bad...nothing to do with being easy.  It's too PvP focused and the PvP is fun for a while but gets old.  The PvE is awful, which is why WAR is now the niche PvP game it is.

LOL@ people that say AoC isn't easy.  Having to hit 3 keys to execute a melee attack instead of 1 makes it tedious, not hard.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by Larry2298

So the guardian is the most tricky and complicated class to play and is also tasteless and without challenge? So where does that leave the other classes in Aoc?

You say that you dont need Goad etc to keep aggro, how then does the guard hold on to aggro.

Oh sorry, the game is to easy so there is no need to hold on to aggro, just spank the boss yeah? ROFL.

If AoC game play is based on Armor and weapons then what about games like WoW? 

You post sounds confused and ill thought out as you fail to get any proper point across, and makes me ask have you actually played AoC ?

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

I agree one thing you said was that AOC is "easy to play as in PVE content". But after that everything you said is false. AOC is not an easy game like you said. It require some skill for group pvp or duel. It also require some tactic  on raid (need alot of teamwork) It seem to me even you max 8 toons to Lv80 doesn't mean you are not a noob.  BTW it just make you a true noob, czu you level up to 80 and you still didnt know how to play your class.