Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in to Console Gaming or PC Gaming?

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Depends on the game for me I guess.

PC for MMO and most RPG games, both single and multiplayer.

My PS3 for most everything else.

But I mainly just consider myself a gamer, I personally enjoy having both console and a good PC. And am fortunate enuff to be able to afford to keep my PC updated regularly with new hardware and have a nice setup for my PS3.

• gilbertusgilbertus Member Posts: 17

I used to be a console only guy.... but that was because of the lack of a nice PC, now that i finally have one, i have to take turns!

So you can say im kind of a hybrid.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328
    Originally posted by gilbertus

I used to be a console only guy.... but that was because of the lack of a nice PC, now that i finally have one, i have to take turns!
    So you can say im kind of a hybrid.

This applies to me as well. I use to be a FPS only guy for the longest time. Than I built my first PC and it's been PC games only since then. Occasionally I will go play some CoD with some friends or Killzone or something like that but mostly just PC games. I just tend to like the mouse and keyboard better than a controller... idk why. 

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

MMO and anything that could be modded (certain Rpg,Rts & Fps) on PC and everything else on 360.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by purewitz

So which platform do you use most for gaming? Are you hardcore PC? Hardcore console? Or are you a little bit of both?
    Personally I'm sorta a little bit of both. When it comes to MMOs and most online games, I go for the PC. Although when it comes to most offline games and some online mulitplayer modes, I go for my XBOX 360. I try to balance it as much as I can.

Well if it were not for mmo's I would not play on a computer, I prefer a simple controller than that of a KB/M because I get the more relaxed feeling when playing a game. Thats what I like after a long day at work.  However it seems console are evolving into a computer. When the day comes where we have to upgrade console parts will be the day I quit playing on consoles.

Another thing about consoles that I like. Everybody is playing on the same playing feild technology wise. No one has a 3000$ Ps3 that will out preform a 300$ Ps3. Same with 360.

A third thing I like about consoles, is its infinatly harder to hack and cheet in online games. Nothing pisses me off more than cheeters. I think every cheeter should be castorated with a rusty spoon.

I got a delima coming up with FFXIV Ps3 or PC. I played FFXI on PS2 had no problems. But I didnt have a top of the line computer then. I never once felt I was at a dissadvantage, I claimed HNM's and such. Cheeters, its cross platform so there will be botters and hackers. I guess Ill just get it for both, When playing casually ill play on PS3 and in raid situation ill play on PC In hopes I can get better preformance.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

I'm definitely a PC gamer; I don't even own any other consoles at all, though I was tempted to get a Nintendo DS once, but decided that I would rather use that money to buy a MP3 instead. I'm not sure why, but I've always prefered using a single device for my gaming needs, because I don't want to spend more money than I should and I've chosen the PC, because since I already need a laptop for school, I might as well use that for my games as well, and save money to buy other things.

Plus, I play mainly MMORPGs, and I need my keyboard to chat.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Never owned a console and don't plan to.

I'm having great fun with PC games, so why do I need a console? For the amount of money it would cost (even without games) I could buy dozensof PC games keeping me entertained for years. ^^

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• CommandosoloCommandosolo Member Posts: 4

Im more of a PC gamer myself. I have only owned 1 console (PS2) and enjoyed it very much but as i got older i gradually stopped playing it. However there are games on the console that I would still play to this day if i still had my ps2, such as; Grand theft auto series, MGS and SSX snowboarding series. Another reason i use the PC now is so i can watch TV at the same time :P.

• aikamaeaikamae Member Posts: 5

During my early years of gaming I always played games on consoles but now I find online games more interesting and fun because of the community.

• d19375d19375 Member UncommonPosts: 1

PC MMO's will always be my style.  I like a good lengthy hobby and I love the communities.  

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Definitely both.. I could never choose one or the other.  Mostly MMOs for the PC though, but I play my wii for party games and nintendo only games (zelda, metroid, mario kart), my xbox for FPS's and more adult 360 ish titles  and my ps3...... for the blu ray player.. ..  and perhaps the off chance theres a new kingdom hearts game.... .. and thats about all...

• XTC2XTC2 Member Posts: 30

I'm an old guy of 46 and PC games are just easier for me to command because I played Doom, Quake, Descent, Rise of the Triad back before MMORPG's were around.  To me the keyboard and mouse gaming combo feels as easy as driving a car after having used it for more than a dozen years.

Also, I only play MMORPG's because I like them best and I only have limited time for one game. 

I have a PS3 but bought it for the Blu-Ray, because at the time they were considered the best Blu-Ray players on the market.

To enjoy my PS3 as a gaming system, I'd have to take up another game and SUCK at it for months until my old-assed twitch skills learn the PS3 console gaming remote so I can advance to level 2 in easy mode.  Lol.

• kuddikuddi Member Posts: 5

For me nothing can beat the good old single player RPGs on consoles. No item malls that will sell overpowered and overpriced items. No botters and gold sellers to ruin the game. And most of all, you can do whatever you want without thinking about others.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

What's a console?  And there are other games besides MMORPG's?  Not in my world for the past 8 years.

I've given a few single player games a go, (KOTOR, HL2, Fallout 3 to name a few) and every time I try, there's just something missing and I don't last more than a week.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i used to care but with soe new ps3 having a 45 nm processor 

and the fact ff 14 will be avail there it will matter less and less the more mmo in console 

i dont play most console game but i do like mmoes so if say soe lunched a mmo exclusive to ps3  and it was good i would jump in 

the thing is console have more chance then computer to make interactive mmo a reality 

the only company bothering with the idea right now of interactivity in mmo is blizard with their unknown title all the other are too busy with their new project to bother with something they feel gamer arent ready yet 

the thing is if player werent ready ,blizzard wouldnt be working so hard to be ready for that interactivity

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

All depends on the games, I prefer Shooters,RPG's and MMO's on my PC,  Everything else I tend to play on console. But like others have said I am a gamer if theres a game out there I want to play I play it.

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• reikaleereikalee Member Posts: 79

Console Gaming. It's strongly attached to my childhood.

I am simply myself, no more and no less. And I only want to be free.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

PC games are to Console games what subscription MMO's are to F2P MMO's. Need I say more?

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

This debate will never end. Consoles stopped being consoles when the games stopped coming in cartridges. Once CDs came along they were just dumb downed PCs. There is still a difference though. console games are made to be played from 5+ feet away from the screen. PC games are meant to be played from an arm reach distance from the monitor. Depends on the persons idea of fun i guess.  But know this, all console games are made on a pc :P

• riceae02riceae02 Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Sauronas

This debate will never end. Consoles stopped being consoles when the games stopped coming in cartridges. Once CDs came along they were just dumb downed PCs. There is still a difference though. console games are made to be played from 5+ feet away from the screen. PC games are meant to be played from an arm reach distance from the monitor. Depends on the persons idea of fun i guess.  But know this, all console games are made on a pc :P

What he said.

BTW it seems to me that the two technologies are merging closer every time you look around.  With the prices of PC's falling steadily, as soon as PC's are able to load games without having to install them there will be no need for consoles.  Thats the only advantage I can see that a console would have over a PC. Who would want a proprietary console when you could get a entire (upgradable) PC for the same price. At one time didn't the PS3 cost more than some PC's?

• lappoplappop Member Posts: 5

As for me, I still want consoles. The controllers are much easier to use than the mouse and keyboard. If I can play online games on consoles then I definitely will choose consoles. The only downside is the community.

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

PC all the way. Nothing beats mouse keyboard combo for accuracy. imho

• nossunossu Member Posts: 5

PC FTW! All the great games can be found on PC. No contest!

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I enjoy console gaming a lot more because of the better controllers and the large LCD TV, but buying the games are quite expensive

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

This message was edited on 8/16/15 at 5:30:00 AM

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)