Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP (Red Meat) Lovers... Joy in the MMO Beat-Down?

2»

Comments

• GunWorldGunWorld Member Posts: 15

Ok... I don't mind rolling up my sleeves for this one. Let's go pal.

I clearly gave the best respect I could show to Awakened for his post.

Re-read my original post.  I said I have participated in PvP and I understand what is taking place during it.  The argument I am making is that, unless it is end-game and everyone has on their best grear and for the most part the same end-game level... then the PvP that happens before that is CORN-BALL and just a series of going through the motions :   "yea, yea, you got me big fella, now run along."

Did you read the last paragraph of my Opening, I said I was totally open to the idea of the supposed joys of PvP, I just have never felt it,  even in PvP oriented games.  So rare was the battle that I had to perfectly time my moves and make sure I didnt use my best pots at the wrong time....no..... 97% of the time its  "...oh boy here it comes, Mr. High Level and his band of Griefers ."

So what part of the PvP fun was I not understanding?  The danger and the intrigue of big fish eats smaller fish?

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

The main reason for me for liking pvp is the challenge.  PVE npc's never change their tactics or attacks.  Nearly every player you come against will play slightly different than the guy before him.  Even if it's the same class!  Yes sometimes you get your bell rung by a higher level or higher geared toon as you say.  But it's those fights where you are getting ganked by someone of relatively equal level/gear who try to gank you and you rip their wings off!

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

It's pretty simple OP.

PVP helps insecure people feel better about themselves.  That's not an insult, it's just an observable fact about human nature.  You can extend it to all forms of competition. 

I'm better than you is an itch that some people need to constantly scratch, whether it be through sports, economics, or mmorpg pvp. There's really no great mystery here at all.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by GunWorld

Ok... I don't mind rolling up my sleeves for this one. Let's go pal.
    I clearly gave the best respect I could show to Awakened for his post.
    Re-read my original post.  I said I have participated in PvP and I understand what is taking place during it.  The argument I am making is that, unless it is end-game and everyone has on their best grear and for the most part the same end-game level... then the PvP that happens before that is CORN-BALL and just a series of going through the motions :   "yea, yea, you got me big fella, now run along."
    Did you read the last paragraph of my Opening, I said I was totally open to the idea of the supposed joys of PvP, I just have never felt it,  even in PvP oriented games.  So rare was the battle that I had to perfectly time my moves and make sure I didnt use my best pots at the wrong time....no..... 97% of the time its  "...oh boy here it comes, Mr. High Level and his band of Griefers ."

So what part of the PvP fun was I not understanding?  The danger and the intrigue of big fish eats smaller fish?

yep i agre totally with you ,pvp is fun 

but grief isnt part of the fun 

often it happens because those ganker cant own their foe 

so they go at lower level .in my view theres a good way to pvp and a bad 

if one come at me in a good way i will accept his challenge ,if im not into leveling

but if  he/she come at me gank style, i just ignore him. i dont even fight back because he isnt worth my time or effort

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

your post is true X ,but if the foe ignore him there is no gratification at all lol

hell in wow i sited while he was attacking me i be he tot i was trying to do a move if he had stoped attacking 1 second he would have seen i was sitting and  making him look like a fool

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I like mass PvP in MMOs, such as 50+ vs 50+

The thing is it tends to turn out into a zerg fest unless there is some purpose; fight for a castle or a server event. 

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• kamerakkamerak Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by veritas_X

It's pretty simple OP.
    PVP helps insecure people feel better about themselves.  That's not an insult, it's just an observable fact about human nature.  You can extend it to all forms of competition. 
    I'm better than you is an itch that some people need to constantly scratch, whether it be through sports, economics, or mmorpg pvp. There's really no great mystery here at all.

OMG it all makes sense know you know now that i think about it back in the dark ages of human history those vikings and barbarians raiding towns,rapeing and killing people they weren't brutal warriors with a lust for battle and brutality they were just insecure emo's that turned there anger on helpless people that just wanted to craft and farm.

"They were like fuck that nub all he does is farm I'm gonna kill him and beat his wife, rape his cow and steal his loot!"

fyi: I know what you ment by your post just wanted to throw that out there cause I'm bored waiting for the servers to launch.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein