Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum and age mixes

ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

Hi there.

First off im not that good at spelling.

Well ive been on forums since i was a teenager , saticefing the need for information of hobbys , like games for example.

Over the years i found a very strict line off pll that are flaming and insult other ppl for there opinion or and there beleafes.

When ppl like my self are reading a certain thread with insults or a flame , we dont se there faces or there needes.

For instance.

"A" are at the age of 10 , and be are at the age of 30, and when we write to eachother we write so the other person dont se the thin line of age , there for meet in the midde or the oposite end of the matureaty.

Not sure if i make sence , but ill continue.

So when i am reading a Thread , it will likely be from the agespan of 13-16 since the gaming trend tend to focus on teenager.

But there are ofc ppl that are at the age of 20 30 40 50 and up , like me i got IRL friends i play with where the oldest one is 59 years old and playes games.

So when a older person like my self are reading , i tend to lower my self to the abuse and insult manner and tries for some reason to argue with this person and make a counter attack on this guys attack , with yet another attack, "also im talking in 3ed person."

Ive asked my older friend , what he thought about forums etc for example games , like mmorpg.com.

He simple added , im not on forum.

I asked why ?.

Due to the flamers and insults and all the crap on the forums i tend not to engage in a naiv discution where it only leads to nothing.

I said how do you get info about a game, or how it is or any info for that matter.

He said ,

I buy the game , eaven if it cost me 50 D , its a hobby , i dont care , if i dont like it , ill just move back or on to another game.

So where do i go from here ?

The age span of gamers where there are the most of them are around 13-16 and than the curve goes down and down , the longer you get in the age timeline , so at the age of 13-16 youl find the most gamers therefor most of them on a forum discusing games , and insult eachoter , agian and agian.

And there are those who are on forums and reads , but just ignore them , just cuss there isent there fight ,cuss they are mature enought to just dont care about sandbox mounth jabb.

So when you are reading a thread with harsh languange , you dont know the face or what age is behind the other screen.

Threre arent any point with this thread ,just a reminder on how things are on a forum with mixed ages , and how you might behave to another beeing, and that kids can be very meen.

System Specc
Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
Nvidia GTX 780

Comments

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

Honestly, sometimes it's just best just not to respond, especially if you know that you're going to end up making things even worse. Sometimes, it's just best to take a step back and not be involved, and not lower yourself to the standards of other people. If you engage in a flame war, you're pretty much similar to them, and you'll only make things worse. Best to let it die down by itself. What pride is there defending yourself on the internet anyway? It's the internet; people say anything they want.

Best not to raise to flamebait, and your time on these forums would be far more worthwhile.

That being said, wow, you friend must be really rich, if he can blow fifty dollars on a game that he might or might not like.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm ,i never looked at it that way .but you are very right!