Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix?... might return

2»

Comments

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Originally posted by Larry2298

I don’t know what Funcom has been done for the past over year. Is it only me who think that there were many bugs. I could easily list least 200 bugs in AOC but it seems that some people do not consider them as bug so it will never fix.

If you are third grade mmo player or below that then AOC might be your choice.

Yeah Larry I would like to see this 200 bug list. Are you sure a 3rd grade MMO player can count to 200? Hey that's your quote not mine. I mean that says a lot coming from you since you still play the game.

Still I'd like to see you list 200 bugs.

I feel like I was the test drive if you asked me so. Most often to see is the quest bugs. Just for another example: The quest in Euphonian Mountain, to speak to a NPC names Attadeus something. Right after you speak to the NPC, it will trigger a few cannibals runs in but the NPC sometimes just bugged. So you couldn't complete the quest.

Next example: when you fell in dead spot, if you type /stuck then the game tells you that a report has been sent.

Man, this is the biggest lie in AOC because Funcom will never do anything about it. It is just like an automatically email reply. Completely cheating people to belive that you might get help. 

In other game such as WOW, if you type /stuck then a online GM will sent you a tell, what can I help? And he can move your avartar to elsewhere. I don't know if WOW still doing this today but way back to the beginning time.

In DDO and LOTRO, if a group doing quest confronted certain problem after report then a GM will contact you within 5-10 minutes. 

In other F2P, if you type /stuck then it will consume your teleport automatically if your teleport is available otherwise, you have to wait.

Compare AOC with all other games, I found the message in AOC is either cheat or bugs.

I am doing every quest as possible as I can. I noticed there was a new quest added in Tortage, if it's already there then it must be bugged, so I think it might be a new quest. To collect a bone then ended up to kill a boss in Underhall. You think Tortage is polishing well? I can tell one bug in Acheronian ruin, if the batman walks on stair, he will sink underground, and you couldn't target him.

another example, the external east hall 6-man instance in Atzel, I am not sure if it is a bug or as it is. To pick up the sand then kill the warlord. I have done this 3 times then I realized that if you want to complete the quest then you must ninja the sand because it is only one sand. If someone took it, it will not respawn again. If you do not have the sand then you won't be able to complete the quest.

It's so annoyed to have so many bugs prevents you from playing.

And the raid? I am used to play with guild raid in other game but AOC is largest PUG game. It is completely not interested by me because the community really sux.

• YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

I recently re subbed and I am enjoying myself so far.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Hi Larry if you have encounted some bugs with some quests I could definately get them forwarded off for you and currently trying to reproduce some of these you mention on the test server. I have put some replies / questions in your quote for perusal.

I feel like I was the test drive if you asked me so. Most often to see is the quest bugs. Just for another example: The quest in Euphonian Mountain, to speak to a NPC names Attadeus something. Right after you speak to the NPC, it will trigger a few cannibals runs in but the NPC sometimes just bugged. So you couldn't complete the quest.
    Would it be possible to be a bit more specific here? This particular quest has it set up when you first speak with Attadeus he will spawn those two waves of Cannibals. There was an issue 2 weeks after launch where people (including myself) were unable to speak with him (bugged) but changing instance solved the problem, and was subsquently fixed. Did you get the ""do not disturb" message from him? I am trying to replicate some potentials here but need a little more info to be able to pass on for you and the community if it has got bugged again.
    Next example: when you fell in dead spot, if you type /stuck then the game tells you that a report has been sent.
    Man, this is the biggest lie in AOC because Funcom will never do anything about it. It is just like an automatically email reply. Completely cheating people to belive that you might get help. 
    In other game such as WOW, if you type /stuck then a online GM will sent you a tell, what can I help? And he can move your avartar to elsewhere. I don't know if WOW still doing this today but way back to the beginning time.
    In DDO and LOTRO, if a group doing quest confronted certain problem after report then a GM will contact you within 5-10 minutes. 
    In other F2P, if you type /stuck then it will consume your teleport automatically if your teleport is available otherwise, you have to wait.
    Compare AOC with all other games, I found the message in AOC is either cheat or bugs.
    Actually this is not entirely true, a report is sent and then Q/A will follow up in replicating it as well as forwarding on for potential world builders to look at. Several times I have done this to find in future update you can not get stuck in the same place again. This was a big problem (getting stuck) at launch and a few months after but lots of this type of issue have been resolved. I got stuck in a weird place in fields of the dead where you enter in at the start a few weeks back report sent and in last update I can not replicate issue. Just saying from my experience. With AoC a /stuck command wont get you asap GM help simple as that, however, there are other ways to get unstuck and get GM help. 98% of the time a simple logout and back in ALT F10 will resolve issue.
    In LOTRO /stuck will teleport you to nearest rez, in AOC the command will get the game to attempt to actually get you unstuck at your location instead of taking that easy way out. No GM will come or never has with me and believe me I fall through and get stuck more in LOTRO these days than AoC. Maybe a compromise between the two for option would be better for AoC or either game to be honest.
    I am doing every quest as possible as I can. I noticed there was a new quest added in Tortage, if it's already there then it must be bugged, so I think it might be a new quest. To collect a bone then ended up to kill a boss in Underhall. You think Tortage is polishing well? I can tell one bug in Acheronian ruin, if the batman walks on stair, he will sink underground, and you couldn't target him.
    The bone quest do you know the name of it as there are a couple, what was the actual issue? Do you have the position for the bat demon falling through? There are a few there so is not limited to just one NPC.
    another example, the external east hall 6-man instance in Atzel, I am not sure if it is a bug or as it is. To pick up the sand then kill the warlord. I have done this 3 times then I realized that if you want to complete the quest then you must ninja the sand because it is only one sand. If someone took it, it will not respawn again. If you do not have the sand then you won't be able to complete the quest.
    In the halls of the Eternal Frost and killing The Acheronian Warlord usually the best way with this particular guy is to have a main tank on him. You only need one in your group with the sand, what I think is happening is if you are kiting the guys/adds that spawn when he is at 25% and if that kiter is too far away, they won't get quest credit as everyone needs to be in closer proximity.
    It's so annoyed to have so many bugs prevents you from playing.
    And the raid? I am used to play with guild raid in other game but AOC is largest PUG game. It is completely not interested by me because the community really sux.
    I think that last part is specific in server community and player participation, sure it can be frustrating in not knowing right away correct processes. This can be apparent in a PUG when you have one or two guys not with the whole or individual frustrations. That Halls of the Eternal Frost can be quite challenging, esp the last boss. 

Just trying to help out. I have never experienced some of the issues you mention, some I have. Sometimes when new code is entered in it can change things.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

I remember watching trailers for this with drool coming out of my mouth when I was playing WoW.  Between the combat, gfx, horseback, city sieges and building, and more customization, I just needed to go get it.  Alas, my comp was not able to handle it and plus I just never got it.

I reflect on this as such a missed oppurtunity.  If only it were pushed back two more months they probably could have fixed some problems they had at release.  What a shame.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by lethys

I remember watching trailers for this with drool coming out of my mouth when I was playing WoW.  Between the combat, gfx, horseback, city sieges and building, and more customization, I just needed to go get it.  Alas, my comp was not able to handle it and plus I just never got it.

I reflect on this as such a missed oppurtunity.  If only it were pushed back two more months they probably could have fixed some problems they had at release.  What a shame.

True, True and True.

It is not the end though, what you have now is a game that has had those core issues looked at 1 year later and is a position for the company to put a focus on more important updates.

If you log in today, even via trial, you will have a different experience that one that someone might of had in the first 3 months from launch. Things are not perfect no, but there is a definate measure of maturity there for tasting in game development in lots of area's. These have been looked at in a logical fashion and now the result is 90% of them are out the way in my opinion.

The one big area of focus still needed is continued and more persistant development in Sieges. It has been Hit and Miss the past few months and revolves around this cycle of bad to good to bad to medicore to "ok, need some more".

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885

I don’t know what Funcom has been done for the past over year. Is it only me who think that there were many bugs. I could easily list least 200 bugs in AOC but it seems that some people do not consider them as bug so it will never fix.

If you are third grade mmo player or below that then AOC might be your choice.

Yeah Larry I would like to see this 200 bug list. Are you sure a 3rd grade MMO player can count to 200? Hey that's your quote not mine. I mean that says a lot coming from you since you still play the game.

Still I'd like to see you list 200 bugs.

So how do you know it isn't being registered and that the devs looks into that spot in a later patch? It could be that the message being sent is to register all the possible spots to be stucked. Not necessary for bringing a GM over to fix your issue right away.

From what I can remember if I used /stuck in Wow it attempted to get me unstuck, I never had a GM contact me. The /stuck command is meant to unstuck players without the need to tie up time from a GM imo. GM's should not do things that a simple command can. I played wow since it was 6 months and far into TBC time, never was I contacted by a GM when using the stuck command.

If the bat in acheronian ruins walks on the stairs then you must have pulled him quite a bit? As the stairs is a bit away from the actual boss itself. I have always killed the boss more or less on the spot where he spawns, and could it be so that he sinks underground to be resetted because you pulled him to far? Oh and the quest you mentioned I think have been there for ages, I don't think that is a new quest.

So you base your views on AoC raiding by assumptions. Awesome, another basher who has tried to bash the raiding without having a clue about what it is about. :)

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

FWIW, I started playing AoC a couple of weeks back. I had no prior AoC experience (bad reviews about bugs prevented me from even trying the game at launch) I have got only to level 23 so far, and I have experienced only a couple of graphic glitches (a solid closed door that appears open until I click on it is the last one) and a couple of stuck positions which I solved by jumping out of them. So far the game feels pretty bug free to me, but as I said, I'm only at lvl 23 so maybe those 200 bugs mentioned above will appear later.

I'm playing in an old laptop with a Gforce 8600m, nothing spectacular here, yet the fps is smooth at all times with medium graphic settings (had to get the latest drivers though).

I'm enjoying the game, so I would recommend it to anyone fond of the Conan lore.

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Hi Larry if you have encounted some bugs with some quests I could definately get them forwarded off for you and currently trying to reproduce some of these you mention on the test server. I have put some replies / questions in your quote for perusal.
    Would it be possible to be a bit more specific here? This particular quest has it set up when you first speak with Attadeus he will spawn those two waves of Cannibals. There was an issue 2 weeks after launch where people (including myself) were unable to speak with him (bugged) but changing instance solved the problem, and was subsquently fixed. Did you get the ""do not disturb" message from him? I am trying to replicate some potentials here but need a little more info to be able to pass on for you and the community if it has got bugged again.
    The bone quest do you know the name of it as there are a couple, what was the actual issue? Do you have the position for the bat demon falling through? There are a few there so is not limited to just one NPC.
    In the halls of the Eternal Frost and killing The Acheronian Warlord usually the best way with this particular guy is to have a main tank on him. You only need one in your group with the sand, what I think is happening is if you are kiting the guys/adds that spawn when he is at 25% and if that kiter is too far away, they won't get quest credit as everyone needs to be in closer proximity.
    I think that last part is specific in server community and player participation, sure it can be frustrating in not knowing right away correct processes. This can be apparent in a PUG when you have one or two guys not with the whole or individual frustrations. That Halls of the Eternal Frost can be quite challenging, esp the last boss. 

Just trying to help out. I have never experienced some of the issues you mention, some I have. Sometimes when new code is entered in it can change things.

I don't remember the quest name in Tortage but the quest is given by Donus. He gave actually 2 quests. The first quest able to take right after you enter the Town at first time to kill a few lv10 pirates. The second quest is go to the south end of White Sand Island to collecting a bone where there are lv17 mobs. Then speak to Sacumbe then to Underhall to kill Akira then back to Donus to complete the quest. The second quest is missing. Because I went bak to Tortage and find out Donus still got one quest mark over his head.

There is also a quest to travel back to Tortage after Kalencha sent you to homeland. Sometimes, if you speak to the smuggler in Taratia pier, he will take you back to Tortage but sometime he will not. It is also a quest with exp to travel back to Tortage again. Not all my alts able to do it.

I have done Eternal East 3 times, the warlord is not difficult. The first time our group just kill at his location no need to kite. The tank picked up the sand but I didn't complete the quest. I was very near to warlord in fire range. Second time, they kiting the warlord, I didnt complete the quest.

The third time, I ninjaed the sand of the god, trigger the wrlord, I didnt kite but group is far away so I have to run to the group. I completed the quest but the healer is crying he didn't complete the quest. I'd help but group disbanded. 

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

Tell them about the lesbian quest bugs, Larry. (use his posting history if he won't repeat it. This guy finds the best bugs (evvvvaahhh))

I can't remember them precisely, but I remember being shocked...

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

Originally posted by Barteaux

Tell them about the lesbian quest bugs, Larry.

Yeah, tell me... where? which quest? I'm interested in reproducing that particular ... bug. Yeah. For research purposes of course.

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by Eanok

Originally posted by Barteaux

Tell them about the lesbian quest bugs, Larry.

Yeah, tell me... where? which quest? I'm interested in reproducing that particular ... bug. Yeah. For research purposes of course.

If you are playing a female character you can choose to cohort with the whore you meet as you get out of the beach right after character creation.  The *horror* of such heresy does not go well with the Sarah Palin & creationist crowd :)

If you are European, it's hard to relate to this 19th century Victorianesqe viewpoint.. But according to Larry, it's a bug.

Originally posted by Aercus 

If you are playing a female character you can choose to cohort with the whore you meet as you get out of the beach.

I see. Larry prefers to play as a female character so that he can enjoy teasing men in game. LOL

Maybe there something that makes homosexuality worse than trading slaves, prostitution, bribery, extortion, beheading of innocents, demon worshipers... all of those present in some form in game. Me, I just enjoy the game.

Originally posted by Eanok

Originally posted by Aercus 

If you are playing a female character you can choose to cohort with the whore you meet as you get out of the beach.

I see. Larry prefers to play as a female character so that he can enjoy teasing men in game. LOL

Maybe there something that makes homosexuality worse than trading slaves, prostitution, bribery, extortion, beheading of innocents, demon worshipers... all of those present in some form in game. Me, I just enjoy the game.

Normally, I play male character in mmo and I rolled male characters on PVP server when I first started playing but I found out all armors/costumes are designed for female character AOC. So I deleted the male character to roll female character instead. I know some may say the skirt is not only for female and the mid age all wore skirts. I don't give a shit about it. Because all armors in AOC is designed for both male and female.

The female costume in AOC is normal but male costume is crap especially in early levels. There are armors looks like bra as well. The game wants to make everyone dressing like gay. That's why when you completed the prostitute's quest, you could select conversation, I wanna wake up with you in the morning.

Anyone want to challenge your jump at this spot. Jump to the boat then to the platform. The location is in Purple Lotus, armorsmith trainer.

www.mypicx.com/09192009/poor_design/

You may wondered why I was there?

First, there are two separat sections in this area. I need to hand in a quest. I run from the entrance of Purple Lotus then running around to be able to see where is the NPC with question mark ?. I have to get very closer to the NPC to be able to see his location.

To use the ladder, first you need to jump on the boat then jump to the platform.

Noted, this boat and ladder is designed for the use of this NPC. It is your own risk if you get stuck.

If you stuck there, you could logout then log back in, sometimes, if you are lucky, sometimes, you will find yourself next to the boat. Sometimes, you will still appear at same spot. If you stll stuck, wait few more minutes then try log back in. 

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

they didnt fix shit, its a poorly designed game. buggy code, unoptimized client and graphics rendering engine. the game is utter failure in tangible form. im trying to get myself banned in that game is its close impossible. lol i finally got a 1 day ban, but im hoping for a perma ban. lets hope. unless someone wants my account i dont want it frankly.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by nakuma

they didnt fix shit, its a poorly designed game. buggy code, unoptimized client and graphics rendering engine. the game is utter failure in tangible form. im trying to get myself banned in that game is its close impossible. lol i finally got a 1 day ban, but im hoping for a perma ban. lets hope. unless someone wants my account i dont want it frankly.

So let me see if I understand. You would rather cause all kinds of trouble/annoyance to other players possibly just to get perma banned rather than just cancelling and moving on?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366

So let me see if I understand. You would rather cause all kinds of trouble/annoyance to other players possibly just to get perma banned rather than just cancelling and moving on?

No he just want to see if FC does do anything when it comes to cheating/hacking. Obviously they dont. And now he knows he was always right. I would have done the same thing to prove my beliefs if I had the time to waste.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by S1GNAL

No he just want to see if FC does do anything when it comes to cheating/hacking. Obviously they dont. And now he knows he was always right. I would have done the same thing to prove my beliefs if I had the time to waste.

Yeah where in that post does it say he is trying to cheat or hack? Being an ass is a different story.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

to clarify i was in fact doing a combination of exploitive acts, as well as expletiive outbursts at people and found this was in fact the first time i was ever banned for a day, ive done it multiple times before, and never heard squat. IT took them almost 4 hours to contact me from what the stuff i was saying earlier to lvl 25's ganking everyone in whitesands. so my outbursts were both in form of venting, and a quasi-curiousity to see how far I could go with my outbursts, cause i remembered not getting repremanded multiple occasions and one of my friends stated they tried but nada so tried it out.

Frankly given the state of this game, the unfullfilled features that was taken out of launch, or broken due to bugs, crashes or otherwise craptastic programming, I felt Id rather have myself banned so they have no reason to call me back for "improved magical patch that fixes everything finally". its just one more thing on top of the other problems plaging this game that destroys a otherwise wonderful IP by a lackluster and crappy development house. they did it with anarchy online when it launched and the same as been proven today. i even cursed at the GM via email mutlple times lol so im gonna see if they "expanded" my 1 day ban.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

to clarify i was in fact doing a combination of exploitive acts, as well as expletiive outbursts at people and found this was in fact the first time i was ever banned for a day, ive done it multiple times before, and never heard squat. IT took them almost 4 hours to contact me from what the stuff i was saying earlier to lvl 25's ganking everyone in whitesands. so my outbursts were both in form of venting, and a quasi-curiousity to see how far I could go with my outbursts, cause i remembered not getting repremanded multiple occasions and one of my friends stated they tried but nada so tried it out.

Frankly given the state of this game, the unfullfilled features that was taken out of launch, or broken due to bugs, crashes or otherwise craptastic programming, I felt Id rather have myself banned so they have no reason to call me back for "improved magical patch that fixes everything finally". its just one more thing on top of the other problems plaging this game that destroys a otherwise wonderful IP by a lackluster and crappy development house. they did it with anarchy online when it launched and the same as been proven today. i even cursed at the GM via email mutlple times lol so im gonna see if they "expanded" my 1 day ban.

Should look back on your life and try find out where it went wrong tbh. It amazes me why people actually bother to do any of this.