Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few of questions for the beta testers

MithrasMithras Member Posts: 43

1) From what you've seen so far is Wish going to be a game where the beta testers get an unfair advantage when the game releases?

2) Would you consider Wish to be an ideal RPer game?

3) Whats your biggest gripe so far?

4) How good are the live events?

Comments

• psychoduckpsychoduck Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Mithras
    1) From what you've seen so far is Wish going to be a game where the beta testers get an unfair advantage when the game releases?
    Why? There'll come a manual with the game.
    Yes.
    Don't really have one.
    Awesome.

Don't have the time to give long anwswers, must play wish.

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

1) no, i don't see how this would happen.

2)Yes, it's perfect for role-playing. with Live events happening over the world, every day, and the newspaper, it has amazing potential for roleplay

3) just a few issues with the performance of the graphics engine, but that should be sorted eventually.
    also, i want wild animals to be roaming the forest like in UO. in Wish there's plenty of wild plants growing, but it doesn't seem as if there's any wild animals.

4)they are spectacular, and not hard to come by either!

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

1) I dont think so. Currently Players are limited as to how far they can get (skill wise) and I believe they reset accounts at every new Beta stage.

2) It is very good for RPing. Of course, like every game, not everyone will, but I dont tihnk youll be seeing anyone yelling "/OOC Ding!"

3) Fighting Monsters. Not the actualy fighting so much as nearly every monster will spawn in groups and they will all call for backup. This gets quite annoying and hard to deal with if your try to take on harder mobs. You can solo quite easily if you ever get one pulled away, and you can take on 3 or so monsters that are the same skill level as you.

4) Pretty good. So far all Ive seen was an NPC raid on a city, which most of them seem to be so far, but I havent been playing that long so I dont know what else theyve done.

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

for info on the current 'Live Content' go to the official Beta forums, and there is a whole section for it.

Currently, a mysterious plague is sweeping across northern Larocia, already one village is empty, and the others soon may follow.
    It's our job to discover the source of the plague and do everything we can to reverse it!

-it's just a dream-

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377
    I would tell you if I could get in but the server is ALWAYS down when I get home from work(6pm GMT) sheesh.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by Finduilas
    I would tell you if I could get in but the server is ALWAYS down when I get home from work(6pm GMT) sheesh.

Dont worry its not up before that either ::::21::

• GokzGokz Member Posts: 18

a) Okay we may get the slight advantage that we know some locations of the towns, but even to the beta testers the whole 200 town map has not been revealed, and since things are changing EVERY DAY with this test we should be just about as familiar to the game when its ready as you are when/and if you enter

a) definatly! its focused on RPing, point said.

a) i know that even though this is beta and they havent optimized the code, but even on the website they say 512 MB is mimimum requirments to play their game, thats taking it a little too far i think, but hey i have 384 MB and i run with no lag (of course with just about everything turned off) so mabey they mean 512 to play with good settings on?

a) THE live events are great, just like someone said before me a plauge has deserted a town we need to find out whats happening (and it really evolves with how the players treat the situation), then someone went into a town with the plauge to find info, and was killed by bandits immedatly (almost like they didnt want him to find out)

another one was a forest turned dark and evil, somone road to a town to warn the people of a spider approaching minutes after he left a HUGE spider attacks the city distroying many, it also came with many little spider spawnlings, luckly one good player fought the spider and many other players fought the spawnlings and they were able to rid them of the town

the newspaper really documents the events VERY well, and it often engrosses you in the story of whats happening, points you in the right direction, and tells you of brave deeds done by great players.

• GokzGokz Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Finduilas

srry for double posting.. but, if you stay up till 11:30 - 12:00 you can play tonight and it should be up from then on, (7pm EST is when update is done) they are doing a major update on the server and then it should be stable for time to come... :)

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Please god let that be true...I'm having withdrawls.

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377

srry for double posting.. but, if you stay up till 11:30 - 12:00 you can play tonight and it should be up from then on, (7pm EST is when update is done) they are doing a major update on the server and then it should be stable for time to come... :)

Wish I could (no pun intended) but I have to get up at 6 and with my demanding job 6 hours in bed, prolly 5 and a half hours sleep is just not enough.

I wouldnt mind but EVERY night this week for 5 hours the server was down for some reason or other. If they can't accomodate EU players they should just have said "sorry, but we'll be patching during your peak hours and you won't be able to play up.

I would have griped but at least I would have neither got my hopes up or left my comp on for hours to download the client.

MR pleeeeeaaaase listen to your potential customers. I really want to spend more than the 20 minutes I've played so far since sunday. If you don't listen to us now, during beta, what hope when the game goes live?

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Mithras

1)  Beta testers will know how to craft and such so it might be a bit of an economic advantage.  The crafting is very deep and no written documentation yet exists.  Is that unfair?  No.  Guides will be written and everyone will catch up soon.  This is not a pvp game so I dont see any other way you could have an "advantage" over other players.  Skill levels are supposed to be relatively flat such that a new characters should not be hopelessly outclassed by veterans.  Any two players should be able to adventure together regardless of skill levels.  Time will tell if this actually works.

2)  Yes, Wish is ideal for RP.  But so was SWG.  If enough RP'ers like it and stay there will be a nice RP community.  If they leave after 3 months .... who knows.  Having only one server will help keep them.  Having a 3-tier guild system will help as will live content.

3)  The graphics need some polish.  Animations are still a bit stiff.  The overall visual appeal is a bit lacking compared to some other mmorpgs.  The camera angles are a bit annoying due to the PnC movement.  But those are the only gripes I can come up with given that it's still in beta.  I've had no lag at all.

4)  I've had no experience with the live content yet.

Overall I'm still very excited by the game and plan to play it when released. 

• MithrasMithras Member Posts: 43
        Thanks everyone who answered, don't think I'm gonna get to play the beta, and I'm dying to try this one out, been wanting to play it since I first heard about it.