Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which faction are you choosing and what age range do you fall under?

2»

Comments

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Asmo - 20-29 is my vote. I'm actually 26. The whole atmosphere of the Asmodian side really grabbed me. That and I find the claw feet pretty cool as well as the black wings.

• machiasmachias Member UncommonPosts: 10

I'm 48  and will be playing  Asmo.  have been playing mmo's since "99 . Asheron's Call still the best, hopefully Aion can take the title away.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

im 20, will be playing Elyos.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Am I the only one going to be playing both? Because I'd like to have the option of both.... no discrimination because I think both factions are douchebags.

This is not a game.

• neilh73neilh73 Member Posts: 239

I'm 36 and playing Asmodian on Gorgos. 

The Legion that I have joined is all older folks too, age range is 28-60.

MMORPG History:
    Playing - EVE Online.
    Played (Retired) - AO, SWG, MxO, WoW, RFO, SoR, CoX, EQ2, GW, L2, Vanguard, LotRO, AoC, TCoS, Aion.
    Favourite MMO - Pre-CU SWG, 3 Years, 4 Accounts, 2 Pre-CU Jedi (1 Pre-9).
    Awaiting - Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Earthrise.

• TexasPistolTexasPistol Member Posts: 1

There are about 20 of us coming over from WoW, all above the age of 25. All going Amos hoping that the curtian climbers go Eylos. Our ages range from 25 to 53 we are all prior WoW and from raiding guilds.

• baddumsbaddums Member Posts: 72

Bump

• ShiymmasShiymmas Member UncommonPosts: 587
    Originally posted by VoIgore

Surprising results so far.
    I'm 77 and going Asmo... beating the snot out of the Elyos-kids ;)

Haha... man, isn't anyone you kill in this game a kid?

Elyos, 20-29 here.  I honestly see little merit in the age polling.  As it's been said, maturity doesn't have an age - it varies for everyone.  Now a poll on how people conduct themselves in a game, and which side they chose might have merit towards the goal of this thread...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
    Oscar Wilde

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by VoIgore

Surprising results so far.
    I'm 77 and going Asmo... beating the snot out of the Elyos-kids ;)

Holy lol. Hats off to the older generation of gamers.

18 here and going Asmo.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

34 here, going Asmo.  I haven't done much "research" into the game at all, hoping to start off as I did while playing WoW - a total, complete noob.  I'll be playing on the Marchutan server (I think that's what it's called), so anyone on that server looking for an old guy who likes beer and has no idea what he's doing, please throw me a bone.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I'm in the 20-29 range (24 specifically). I'll be playing Asmodian.

Not sure if I messed up on the poll. Hopefully I chose Asmosdian 20-29.

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Asmodian. 26.
    You're not getting an Industrial fan to run around with shiny white wings. ><p

• madsmiley78madsmiley78 Member UncommonPosts: 5

I'm 30 and I'll be playing Asmodian.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I'm going to play both, simply because I want to experience everything.

Am I the only one who notices that all of the assholes are going for asmodian?  No offense, I'm just saying...

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Enforcer

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

39 -- Elyos -- Most likely Cleric.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Tisiphone

Pffft....speak for yourself.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Tisiphone

Pffft....speak for yourself.

I like you already. But still... can't do the shiny white whngs thing.

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195
    Originally posted by madeux

Am I the only one who notices that all of the assholes are going for asmodian?  No offense, I'm just saying...

Nah, I think it'll all depend on which side you're playing at the time  ...

I keed, I keed.

• Rev22Rev22 Member Posts: 22

39, Elyos. The Elyosian City (Sanctum?) blew me away when I first saw it.  Did try Asmo during Open Beta, but its plain ol' vanilla.

• kamerakkamerak Member Posts: 71

27 years old asmo.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Drakkhen

Originally posted by madeux

Nah, I think it'll all depend on which side you're playing at the time  ...

I keed, I keed.

Now that you mention it, I am an ass... :)

I think I'm gonna focus on my Elyos character first... more friendly players, better groups, more focus on levelling and having fun... and more of a challenge for me in PvP.  I'm a pvp whore, no doubt, but where's the fun in picking on those who aren't really there for the PvP? 

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

18 going for Asmodian. Trying both eventually though.

I can see why people are concerned about younger (IE immature) kids infesting Asmodian sides but really its nothing to be concerned about. I personally just ignore them. In reality there are a good amount of just as immature and annoying adults. Just play with people that are cool and dont piss you off. Usually works out enjoyably for me. =]