Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which V-Card is best for DAoC?

which v-card is better for DAoC G-Force or Radeon?

any help on models would be great!!!

Thank You for your time an energy

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

with hopes an dreams so far away, its no wonder why so many go insane

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

Comments

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436
    I ran a radeon 9700 before trading for a 9800 pro, and both ran beautifully in DAoC with everything maxed.

• MimnicMimnic Member Posts: 6
    I agree i have ran both card Radeon and Geforce, i myself perfer the Gforce over the ATI for several reason's. 1. better tech support. 2. better driver set. 3. better performance due to more supported features. Example when catacomb's release in Late dec only those whom have a GeforceFX 5700 or better will get the new dye effect's sorry ATI user's your just out of luck on a few cool feature's in the new catacomb's but those Geforce user's will get all the benifiet's.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Doubtful.. I used a gforce and I was not happy with how it ran.. I purchased an ATI Radeon X800 PRO.. which is the second best out (ATI Radeon X800 XT pro is first) I run daoc with 1026ram and a great motherboard aswell.. I am almost 100% sure that I will run catacombs like super mario on super nintendo.. lol.. if I can run Doom 3 on highest graphics with no problem.. Catacombs will be as easy as pie. Sorry Mimnic, I dont agree with you.. but I do agree with- never mind just read it over.. I dont agree with any of it.. Gforce.. ok radeon.. I have seen the best performance from.

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

Darkage of Camelot
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

Oops I need to correct something I said.. so I dont make enemies lol.. I ment ATI Radeon X800 PRO is the second best for ATI products.. and ATI Radeon X800 XT is the best for ATI products also.. I understand some may think that Gforce has the best graphics card out at the moment and dont wanna compete with them about which one is better.. I'm kinda to old for that "My dad could beat up your dad" stuff.. were grown ups lol I just have an opinion.

Darkage of Camelot

On response to what Thoom said.. I agree.. my cousin has one.. he runs it great aswell :)

Darkage of Camelot

• LoderdaleLoderdale Member Posts: 16
    an well the reason i made this post was 'cus im going to be build or buying a new comp soon an i've heard that some games run better with one card an worse with the other, an well i dont have 2,000$ for my comp i only have about 600 maybe 700. im new to comp building this will be my first but i dont know anyone to help really, so i use the forums to see whats the best parts

I work for best buy as Geek Squad and I'm kinda like the guy that does computer work.. and fix the computers mostly and I put together my computer as well.. I would recommend that if you buy an ATI Radeon thats 9700+ make SURE you get a 350-400 watt powersupply along with it.. and make sure your computer case is big enough to hold more hardware.. because recently I had to purchase a new case.. I got a Antec.. which has seemed to be great.. because it comes with a key to lock your computer so that if you go to LAN parties.. hehe and you got expensive stuff it there.. its nice to have a metal case and a lock to keep.. :) but anyways back on track.. I purchased with my Antec computer case a 450 watt powersupply for my ATI Radeon X800 pro.. and believe me it will need a good amount of watt.. atleast 400.. they say 300 but it doesnt work that well with it.. also! you have to have a good motherboard.. i would recommend a "DFI Lan party 875-T (which can be found at www.dfi.com)" or a "Asus p4p800 SE which has a Intel 865PE and ICH5R along with a dual channel ddr400 and hyper path.." (which is what I got) it costs around 135 bucks.. so not to much.. but plus tax it can go to around 140-150 and warrenty. also for gaming i would recommend atleast 1 gig of memory.. make sure you get that.. that would cost about 250 bucks and the ati radeon x800 costed me 400 but you dont need that.. all these things im telling you are just what runs great on DAOC.. you also if you get a new motherboard and gfx card.. you will need a new processor runner.. which would only cost 30 bucks at mostly any retail store.. i use a intel pentium 4 heat sink.. which works well... only downside to my computer now is that it sounds like a jet from all the fans :P but its easily fixed you can install hardware that quiets it.. if theres no holes in the computer case like mine.. but anyways good luck with your computer i remember my first time.. just practice at it.. you will get well at it.. hope my information helped you atleast some.. and what you want to get.. good luck.

Darkage of Camelot

I forgot to mention why you need a good motherboard.. I got a SOYO Motherboard before my new one.. and had to return it because it didnt run well with ATI products.. it would crash my computer and automaticly go into standby and restart.. and give blue screens.. so definately you need a motherboard that talked about atleast close to those brands for daoc.. :) sorry i just wanna help :)

Darkage of Camelot

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Well I have an MSI Geforce FX 5900GT 128MB.  I just started playing today, I put the graphics up to 1024x768 with all the graphical options On and High.  No lag whatsoever.

But take in consideration I have an AMD 2600+ with 1 gig of Dual DDR Ram.  And just the 1 gig of RAM helps for any MMORPG no matter what.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
    ok not very good with comps all i know is that i dont know anything about them so please forgive me for my dumb questions how much would one of these cards cost and how do i get it on my computer? i know im dumb and my DAD can beat up your DAD image

its good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die

PS pop you got an account i gould have ? since i will soon to have 2 comps i was gonna make a buff bot

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Both work really well, but Mythic works with Nvidia to make sure everything runs smoothly.  Right now I would say no problems with either one of them, but if there ever is a problem it will usually be with an ATI. 
  • FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by propolyz
    I forgot to mention why you need a good motherboard.. I got a SOYO Motherboard before my new one.. and had to return it because it didnt run well with ATI products.. it would crash my computer and automaticly go into standby and restart.. and give blue screens.. so definately you need a motherboard that talked about atleast close to those brands for daoc.. :) sorry i just wanna help :)

Well I can tell you that from past experiences with soyo that I will never buy another product from them again.  I bought one of thier boards and it went bad within 2 months and ended up getting another just for it to break.  I was always a fan of Abit and decided to try a cheaper board and found out why it was cheaper:/.  Anyway I am currently  using a albatron board and have zero problems with it.  It has to be one of the easiest boards to setup that I have ever had to deal with. 

As far as the topic goes.  I have been using a bfg fx 5900xt  OC and it has been running daoc and wow flawlessly.