Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wish not for everyone

CyphenCyphen Member Posts: 21

After a few hours of beta testing I can say this for sure, most people hate it, some love it.

Wish isnt for....

1. Wish is not for power gamers who want to be the best. Its not really based around who has the highest lvl/skill. If you want to brag about how fast you got to lvl 50 go to eq2 or WoW.

2. Its not for people who want a player economy driven game.  Maybe this will change but there doesnt seem to be much of an economy. Sure you need gold to get stuff, but its again not really the focus. Im walking around with no armor and doing just fine.

3. Wish at this point doesnt have very good graphics. So if you want a pretty game and pretty toon... this wouldnt be your best choice.... yet. Maybe it will get a lot better but im not sure.

4. People who want a flashy combat system. Its not great but its still intresting, but it isnt as good as WoW or EQII and the graphics on it arent that great.

Wish is for...

People like me. Im not big on graphics, or the combat systems.... after a hundred hours of gameplay they all get a little repetive. I would really like to see a better economy but for now it doesnt bother me. I am a roleplayer at heart and that is what wish is about. Storyline and emmersion (spell check) through roleplaying and a live storyline that changes. I have seen this at work in Beta and they really do have a fun story line that you can get involved in if you pay attention. I've done very little grinding and can still take part and so far i've had a lot of fun.

So far I like wish, its not the cleanest game or the prettiest but it has a lot to offer if you give it a shot and get involved in the events rather than just grinding away.

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

I think the graphics are on par with what the rest of the industry is releasing atm. True the avatar's dont look very good but they are just now putting the work in on them so by the time its released they should look good. I agree with everything that you say and arent you glad a game like this finally made it!?! I am i love it. I'm a power gamer but i'm an old RPG player too so this is a refreshing break from EQ. As far as the economy goes i dont think you'll see too many players worry about really selling their wares until it goes live. Mainly its just finding and fixing bugs in the tradeskill systems at this point.

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

Cope you say a lot of dumb things :P

I dont play or advocate EQ2 but to say that Wish is on par with EQ2 is a pretty large stretch, and whats slated for this year (Fallen Earth, MXO, Tabula Rasa, Dark and Light, etc) its definitely not on par. It's way sub-par.

And to the OP -- you're the kidn of person that will encourage devs to keep pushing out mediocre garbage because youre willing to vote with your wallet for mediocrity. You accept it by passing it off and saying 'after 100 hours it all gets repetitive' No -- not quite. Not for every game. If you can continue to accept repetitive boring combat engines then you will continue to see them in the future. Or maybe not, lots of games this year are coming out with way more innovative combat systems. The mmos listed above are true to that.

Mutable Realms has good ideas but I fear will massively fail on the execution, and it doesn't help that Dark and Light is eclipsing it right now as well.

• GokzGokz Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Cyphen
    After a few hours of beta testing I can say this for sure, most people hate it, some love it.
    Wish isnt for....
    1. Wish is not for power gamers who want to be the best. Its not really based around who has the highest lvl/skill. If you want to brag about how fast you got to lvl 50 go to eq2 or WoW.
    2. Its not for people who want a player economy driven game. Maybe this will change but there doesnt seem to be much of an economy. Sure you need gold to get stuff, but its again not really the focus. Im walking around with no armor and doing just fine.
    3. Wish at this point doesnt have very good graphics. So if you want a pretty game and pretty toon... this wouldnt be your best choice.... yet. Maybe it will get a lot better but im not sure.
    4. People who want a flashy combat system. Its not great but its still intresting, but it isnt as good as WoW or EQII and the graphics on it arent that great.
    Wish is for...
    People like me. Im not big on graphics, or the combat systems.... after a hundred hours of gameplay they all get a little repetive. I would really like to see a better economy but for now it doesnt bother me. I am a roleplayer at heart and that is what wish is about. Storyline and emmersion (spell check) through roleplaying and a live storyline that changes. I have seen this at work in Beta and they really do have a fun story line that you can get involved in if you pay attention. I've done very little grinding and can still take part and so far i've had a lot of fun.
    So far I like wish, its not the cleanest game or the prettiest but it has a lot to offer if you give it a shot and get involved in the events rather than just grinding away.

2. How Can you Say that!, wish's econmy is very player driven they have an auctioneer, any items sold to NPC's you can buy from them, player made items are allot better than NPC made items so players need to buy from other players.. with all that evidance i advise you to rethink

oh and sygmas i hate to say it but i fear that some of your points are painstakingly true and although wish may not crash down and die it will not do as well as it wants to unless it fixes those points

I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or actually agreeing with me lol.

Originally posted by sygmas
    Cope you say a lot of dumb things :PI dont play or advocate EQ2 but to say that Wish is on par with EQ2 is a pretty large stretch, and whats slated for this year (Fallen Earth, MXO, Tabula Rasa, Dark and Light, etc) its definitely not on par. It's way sub-par.And to the OP -- you're the kidn of person that will encourage devs to keep pushing out mediocre garbage because youre willing to vote with your wallet for mediocrity. You accept it by passing it off and saying 'after 100 hours it all gets repetitive' No -- not quite. Not for every game. If you can continue to accept repetitive boring combat engines then you will continue to see them in the future. Or maybe not, lots of games this year are coming out with way more innovative combat systems. The mmos listed above are true to that.Mutable Realms has good ideas but I fear will massively fail on the execution, and it doesn't help that Dark and Light is eclipsing it right now as well.image

I suppose the graphics are up for debate. EQ2 is nice but Wish is not bad. I thought they were just as good.
    DnL is a totally different type of game. It will draw a totally different crowd. I dont see how it relates to Wish.

DNL is only what Wish is and more, thats why it will eclipse Wish. Read up on DNL and compare, they possess almost all the same features except DNL has vastly more. Some of the core mechanics are obviously different, I.E. leveling :P, but thatsn ot going to make the difference when one chooses either DNL or Wish.

And Wish is not even close with EQ2, I don't care for EQ2 as I've said but ive seen it with all the bells and whistles on both SOE pics, friends' pics, and their communities screenshots. And besides the over-abundant use of bump mapping lol, the game is very gorgeous. Maybe not as stylish as other games, (not that Wish is, the armor ive seen so far looks retarded)

Why do oyu even think there are Wish vs DNL comparison threads? There are obviously many similarities.

DNL is only what Wish is and more, thats why it will eclipse Wish. Read up on DNL and compare, they possess almost all the same features except DNL has vastly more. Some of the core mechanics are obviously different, I.E. leveling :P, but thatsn ot going to make the difference when one chooses either DNL or Wish.And Wish is not even close with EQ2, I don't care for EQ2 as I've said but ive seen it with all the bells and whistles on both SOE pics, friends' pics, and their communities screenshots. And besides the over-abundant use of bump mapping lol, the game is very gorgeous. Maybe not as stylish as other games, (not that Wish is, the armor ive seen so far looks retarded)Why do oyu even think there are Wish vs DNL comparison threads? There are obviously many similarities.image

DnL and Wish are not remotely similar. DnL is a FPS with PvP at its heart. I played EQ2 with all the bells and whistles and Wish isnt so much of a drop off as to even talk about the difference. Your reference to armor makes no since as most of the races dont even have the new avatars in and the avatars and armor models will probably look completely different in 5 months when its released as its usually the last thing they work on. I agree that DnL will be a much more popular game. As i stated in my original post Wish is going to have its niche though. This is a game for Roleplayers! DnL is a game for PvP players! Every aspect of the games are different. To compare the two is rediculous.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

This sig is damn funny...  image

Thank you

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Copeland, not trying to flame you, although it may seem like it because i disagree with what you say about Wish in every thread, but props to you for giving me some good debate image

What i wanted to say was, that again, in this thread, you are saying that DnL is an FPS with PvP at its heart(dont think in other threads you stated DnL was an FPS, but there was something about FPS').I dont understand why you are calling it an FPS.  I agree with you on the fact that i think Wish will attract a more mature gaming community, on average.  It just seems like that type of game to me, with actual story line and depth, that will keep people who dont like that away.  I also think that DnL will be that way, or actually i guess i am more hoping on that fact, since i havent played in beta (and i couldnt say if i did).  I think that DnL and Wish are not for everyone.  Both look to be very in depth, with Wish having an ever evolving story line and constant live content, and DnL having as a very large part of the game a deep political system among other things (not sure if Wish has a political system).

Anyways, im just not sure why you are calling DnL an FPS.  Dont get me wrong, it may very well be on the fact that i really dont know because i havent played.  Im not sure if your coming from the point of view that DnL will be open PvP out from the starter kingdoms, and that it will be fast paced in large battles, similar to an FPS.  But i dont think it is an FPS, or anything close to one.  Please elaborate on DnL being an FPS.