Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation Server Bug

KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I went into a server and made a female Asmodian.  After staring at her on the character screen for about 10 minutes I realized that I wanted to make her over and start fresh.  So I did the 'confirm delete' and it said will be deleted in six minutes.  NP.

I then went in and made the character the way I wanted.  I then received a 'cannot save the character error message'. 

So I went back out to the server select screen and clicked on the server.  I received you can not make anymore Asmodians on this server.  !!  HUH?! 

I tried a few more times, and yes I waited the entire six minutes on the deletion, and I kept getting the same error message.  I even waited a half hour and somehow I became locked out of the server for creating Asmodians.  As a matter of fact it defaulted to the Elyos character screen!!

I then tried two other east coast servers and received the same error message.  "You can not make an Asmodian on this server."  HUH?!!!

So I eventually picked a server that allowed me to make Asmodians and I created the female Asmodian over again.

It is annoying that I could not do it on the server I wanted.

Did this happen to anyone else?

GlassEye

Comments

• korpsce24korpsce24 Member Posts: 61

It's because they are trying to even out the servers, they are locking people out from creating new characters on servers that have a lot of characters made on them already.

• baddumsbaddums Member Posts: 72

Yes, it's because the Asmodian population on the original server is at a maximum until the 20th

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Thirded.

Its going to switch back and forth now for a while -- its just the system trying to keep the number of Asmodians and Elyos within a certain percent of each other.

Keep trying.

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266

Had no issues my self, I have seen that message before as if it was a bug but it always let me in anyway . . . such as to create a toon and delete it then log back in to create a new toon same faction got the message but when I click ok it just let me in. This was back during CB didn't see it in OB and had no issues on pre-select.

Ah yes the others are right, the population control they have forgot about that guess you just have good timing lol

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

yes I had that. Asmodians seem to be a popular choice on all servers.  I already knew the server I wanted on so me and my Legion had to wait until people made some Elyos on there.   I tabbed out and occasionally checked and eventually we all got in.  Main thing if you want to make an Asmodian is to just be patient.  Pre-selection probably isn't the best time to force server balance like this because entire legions trying to get on together but eh what do I know.

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

This happened about an hour after we could get onto the servers around 3:48.  So 4:30 was when I was locked out on 3 servers to created Asmodians?!!  Somthing doesn't sound right there.

I could see if I tried it one-half hour ago since it has been a good many hours since the pre-selection started.  But not that soon!

Oh well ,I have two characters made, one Elyos and one Asmodian.  That will have to do for now.

Thanks for your replies btw.

GlassEye

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

erased your toon on a locked server 

or locked race lost your spot on that server moove on to another 

Originally posted by Tisiphone

Thirded.
    Its going to switch back and forth now for a while -- its just the system trying to keep the number of Asmodians and Elyos within a certain percent of each other.
    Keep trying.

its not gona be unlocked for a while till all other server catch up

Originally posted by Kalay

This happened about an hour after we could get onto the servers around 3:48.  So 4:30 was when I was locked out on 3 servers to created Asmodians?!!  Somthing doesn't sound right there.
    I could see if I tried it one-half hour ago since it has been a good many hours since the pre-selection started.  But not that soon!
    Oh well ,I have two characters made, one Elyos and one Asmodian.  That will have to do for now.
    Thanks for your replies btw.

5 server were locked about an hour ago lol

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

cool story bro

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Locking out the servers at this point only hurts the game...I could understand locking out come sunday, but it should be unlocked for all the preorder people until than.  This prevents friends/guilds from being splintered.  And since it is only pre order people, the others who buy the game at release should have it switched back off after the headstart.