Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM incompetence and ethics.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

I thought this should be noted outside ao forums as it is going to be covered up on the ao baords. Much of it speaks for itself.
forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php

Comments

• BrueskieBrueskie Member UncommonPosts: 42

It sucks that happened to the guy, but it sounds like the AO development team is doing all in their power to make things right with him.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Indeed.

• MeansMeans Member CommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by hobo9766

I thought this should be noted outside ao forums as it is going to be covered up on the ao baords. Much of it speaks for itself.

Mistakes happen.  "Hiding" them or  "covering them up" is for the childish and conspiracy theorists.  Wanting to have a complete investigation and a conversation with the effected parties before making public comment is simply following up in a clear and rational manner.  Even when we make mistakes it is personally important to us to have a little class.   Though it is unfortunate that this error happened I feel nothing but pride for the work of the AO Team in their efforts to fix the situation and ensure such an error never happens again. 

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=560900

Colin Cragg
    CPO - World of Horsecraft AB
    www.starstable.com

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Means
    Originally posted by hobo9766 I thought this should be noted outside ao forums as it is going to be covered up on the ao baords. Much of it speaks for itself.

Mistakes happen.  "Hiding" them or  "covering them up" is for the childish and conspiracy theorists.  Wanting to have a complete investigation and a conversation with the effected parties before making public comment is simply following up in a clear and rational manner.  Even when we make mistakes it is personally important to us to have a little class.   Though it is unfortunate that this error happened I feel nothing but pride for the work of the AO Team in their efforts to fix the situation and ensure such an error never happens again. 
    If you really are "Means" and not some impostor using his name on here, Then I applaud you for coming here and posting on the what transpired. It shows a great more confidence when a funcom game director himself posts about issues such as this on a site like this. If you are really "Means" please continue to post here. The opinions you will find here are not contaminated by the usual ao forum trolls.
  • TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by hobo9766
    Originally posted by Means
    Originally posted by hobo9766 I thought this should be noted outside ao forums as it is going to be covered up on the ao baords. Much of it speaks for itself.

If you really are "Means" and not some impostor using his name on here, Then I applaud you for coming here and posting on the what transpired. It shows a great more confidence when a funcom game director himself posts about issues such as this on a site like this. If you are really "Means" please continue to post here. The opinions you will find here are not contaminated by the usual ao forum trolls.

Seconded. It was people like Means that made AO the best MMO I ever played. Pity there has never been an AO2.

Good luck with the fallout, Means.

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

It's Means - the thread was pointed out to the moderators for verification and they let it run.  If someone was passing themselves off as Means, the post would have been promptly yanked.

~\_/~\_O

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

its him cause he spends a great amount of time on talking to the community :) well at least i can agree with you there hobo (for a change) that this place aint as bad as the ao forums. most ppl there are just messed up, they are all drama carebears (how lame, wanting drama in your life, i do think most of them make enough drama in real life)

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)