Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pvp adventurer seeking home

So, i've been reading these forums, just now signed up.. Been looking into AoC..and curious about a few things...

1) Hows the pvp? Is it active//fun//rewarding? (in warhammer you got gear for pvp... somewhat.. lol)

2) Class balance? Mostly pertaining to healing classes, as ive ALWAYS played a healer.. i LOVED the AM in warhammer, tho

3) Hows the crafting? Is it entertaining? I dont really care if its worth it, i love entertaining crafting =D

4) Server populations... How are they? War = dead =(

5) Pve-- is it existant? lol never heard anything about it...

6) How long would it take to start PVP//become relevant and geared up etc?

Comments

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

Read www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/249441/Age-of-Conan-Not-recommended-for-PvPers-over-a-year-latter.html

For PvP I would recommend Aion for the short term as there will be crowds there for a bit but like AoC and War it will probably have a short life, but the next few months should own.

1) Hows the pvp? Is it active//fun//rewarding? (in warhammer you got gear for pvp... somewhat.. lol)

Warhammers was much much better, esp in terms of rewards and it had 80 PvP levels, You could level via PvP, I did 20-30 all via PvP fast. They had PvP events and junk, AoC doesn't have much they have 5 levels and substandard gear and many PvP features do not work.

2) Class balance? Mostly pertaining to healing classes, as ive ALWAYS played a healer.. i LOVED the AM in warhammer, tho

Garbage balance in AoC,  healing isn't that epic but it is a bit better now than the inst kill thing. BTW are sorceresses still ownage in Warhammer I may go back for a month to PvP on my geared out 40 sorc, Dark Crag server.

3) Hows the crafting? Is it entertaining? I dont really care if its worth it, i love entertaining crafting =D

Poor crafting system compared to many MMOs, EQ and WoW are the only MMOs who had any semblance of a crafting system that I know of.

Dying, Warhammer has more people, AoC has 6 populated servers but the two only open PvP servers are reported to be way down in pops.

I havn't heard anything about it either, there are two tiers of raid stuff but it is no EQ, LOTOR, or WoW. They don;t have the group instances like they did in Warhammer like Lost Vale and stuff, that was fun. They do have some unrewarding single group stuff.

6) How long would it take to start PVP//become relevant and geared up etc?

Not long there isn't much competition but you need to raid to have the best gear as PvP gear is substandard. There is not much end game so all the people at cap are stuck you can catch up easily and there won't be anything new after Tier 3 raiding, for almost a year or whenever the expansion comesout.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Arkengate

So, i've been reading these forums, just now signed up.. Been looking into AoC..and curious about a few things...
    When I played AoC the PvP on fury was very active (left in june this year). daily pvp happening in keshetta and other places and minigames didn't take long to pop up. I found the pvp a lot of fun due to the combat system, but maybe not so rewarding. There are 5 levels you can obtain and each of these levels will give you access to some new armor parts. Other then this there isn't any titles or other rewards you can get. 
    2) Class balance? Mostly pertaining to healing classes, as ive ALWAYS played a healer.. i LOVED the AM in warhammer, tho
    Both yay and nay. the latest patches specially 1,5 did fix a lot of the class balance issues that was. Some classes are still considered OP; but they are less OP today then what they was. As a melee character you can stand a chance against a necro or a demo these days. But you have to know your class and play it right, it isn't a walk in the park so to speak. Healers in AoC is based around 2 types of healing. Heal o ver time is the one I used the most when I played my bear shaman, I also used the big heals in raids and such. but for normal PvP I almost always ran around with a hot running. Several reasons for that as the hot's gave the B ear shaman some extra damage it was a nice thing to have.

If you look at healers there is 3 classes to choose from;

1) Bear shaman is the melee healer, and for me it was more a micro management class, loads of different abilities too use and if you knew how to use them effectively you would be a firece opponent to most players. BS uses their melee weapon to gain strength for their heals and also have some abilities that will trigger when attacking for the team. Not sure how it is now as they revamped the class from being OP, to being an underdog you had to play perfect. From what I have heard Ber shamans are quite decent today.
    2) Priest of mitra this is more the support class of priest from what I understood, never played the class myself, but PoM do have a lot of nice abilities specially in group PvP.

3) Tempest of Set , the ToS is more of the damage dealer priest. It was nerfed slightly in patch 1,5 as it was one of the OP classes pre patch 1.5. Played this only to level 30ish but it wasn't too bad if you prefer to be able to dish out damage Tos is a class to consider whilst being able to heal.

The class balance in oC is a bit like rock, paper scissor principle. Some situations you will be on top of the world but then some class arrives and kicks you back from it with a brutal kick. Overall the balance was improved in the later patches but it's still not perfect and most likely never will be.
    Crafting is the typical WoW standard of crafting. you take x resources and use x recipe and click a button. nothing fancy about it alt all. Crafting has been changed from launch when it was utterly pointless to be a thing some players spend a lot of money on, whilst others don't You do not need to buy pots and foods from a crafter, but the bought stuff is always better then what you can loot or buy from vendors so if you want to min/max buying crafted stuff is the key. But I would not say it is entertaining, because it is very very simple. Some recipe's can be farmed in instances and such and these recipes are usually the ones who are the most sought after.
    AoC server pop back in June was ok, AoC suffers froma  decline in population and I'm sure aion will steal a chunk of players too. How things will be is hard to say as I don't play now so I can only guess about the current population numbers.
    several raids and a bunch of group instances for you to do so PvE is there, but it does depend on population a bit I would assume.
    Gear matter for about 50% off your character so you can be ready quite fast if you know how to use your character to the max, To get geared up with raid gear depends a lot on your luck with drops from mobs. But doing group instances you can get decent gear rather fast, or you could simply buy the culture gear for your class and gem it up.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

1) PvP imo is where this game shines and the combat system sets it apart from the rest. Reward itself, besides the fun from playing, is in the form om PvP xp. It will take you a looong time to reach the top pvp-level (5), but a few pvp bonus items become available from early on. Gear is about 50% and skill represents the rest

2) Class balance was hit pretty bad with patch 1.05, but has since gotten better. It's still not at the point where every class  would be a fair match for every other class, but this is also a discussion of the aim of balance is closer to a rock, paper, scissors philosophy.

3) Crafting is OK, not especially good, not especially bad.

4) Discussions on subscribtion numbers usually end in a flame fest on this forum, but as long as you don't chose one of the new fresh start servers you should be ok. Check yg.com for most populated servers.

5) Yes

6) A good thing with AoC is that the game starts long before level cap. You can start PvP'ing and gather pvp-xp points in your teens.

X) The worst thing with AoC was the launch, which left a lot of bitter x-players. Ie the first poster to answer your questions. In general it comes down to personal taste. AoC has some of the best combat you'll find in an mmo, but the world is darker than the more cartoonish games. Some feel the armor is dull compared to the neon glowing rotating gear in the WoW-like games.

The best tip I can give you is to try the free trial and see for yourself if it's worth to keep sub'ing to.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Probably a bad time to join an existing MMO with the overly hyped Aion and Fallen Earth launching in less than a week, but I'll try to answer what I can.

1) You'll hear the same "X class is overpowered...NERF!" as you will anywhere else.  Most people will tell you casters > all, also like most MMOs.

2) Again, most people will say casters > all.  I enjoyed healers in this game for the most part because they aren't healbots.  Bear Shaman is kinda like WP and Tempest of Set and Priest of Mitra are kinda like AM's, although theoretically, PoMs are better healers than ToSs and ToSs are better damage dealers.  You can't spam any of your heals and your "big" heal has a timer that makes it useless to anyone healed by it previously for 1 minute, and your other 2 heals are HoTs, so it may take getting used to.

3) I think the crafting and gathering kinda suck.  You can start gathering materials at 20. you can have all the gathering professions.  Mobs randomly attack you while gathering to break up the boredom and prevent afk macro farming.  You ocassionally get rare materials (like 2%) that you need for better recipes.

You can't start crafting until level 40.  you can have 2 of the 5 crafting professions:

Alchemists make food and potions (buffs/HoTs) and is probably the most useful for a first toon.

Architects make stuff for city building and sieges. Skip making an architect until you are super rich if you ever decide to try it.

Gemcutters make gems that you can put in socketed armor/weapons to boost its' stats.

Armorcrafters and weaponcrafters are self explanatory, and the most disappointing IMO.  The level 40 recipes are all green quality and aren't any better than green world drops and far inferior to the blue drops you'll get in the level 40 dungeon Sanctum of the Burning Souls or even random world blue drops.  Level 50 isn't any better, except there are a few blue quality weapon recipes.  Level 60 you can finally craft half decent stuff, assuming you have farmed or can afford to buy the rare materials the blue recipes require.  I know there are some rare loot recipes in these level ranges, but I've never gotten one, so I can't comment on those.

4) Fanbois here will say they are fine or even booming (lol).  Haters will say dead (not quite but closer to the truth IMO).  I'm assuming you are NA and not EU here, but most reasonable people would say Tyranny (PVP) is the highest, but there is a thread on the official forum saying the pop is dwindling and asking character transfers be enabled to there. Cimmeria (RP-PVP) is also supposedly OK.  Avoid the other PvP servers.  Set I believe is the big PvE and Wiccana (where I played) is OK but I have noticed significant decline in the last month.  Avoid the other PvE servers.  AFAIK WAR still has more subscriptions, but I believe AoC has fewer servers and I haven't played WAR since launch, so I can't compare how the pops "feel".

5) Some PvE is fun and some is mind numbingly boring.  My highest is 63 so I can't comment on endgame, but I see a fair amount of LFG broadcast for the raids.  Lower level group content other than Sanctum, not so much.  You can solo to max level if you choose.

6) On your own there, sorry.

What are you talking about Bart  this game keeps losing people, so it has issues TODAY as in September 17, 2009. I wish fans could stop looking at the past to deflect how mediocre this game is TODAY. I played the game last month and it has changed so little since release myself and many others decided not to resubscribe.

This is a crappy PvP game no doubt about it, both of the other posters spent most thier time on PvE servers and probably rarly engaged in PvP....My female assassin, the worst PvP class had 1,000 solo kills by the time I was level 80 and that was pre PvP system.

Aion is the only hope for PvP now and it comes out next week but who knows how successful it will be. ..some of the few remaining PvP GUILDS are leaving to play Aion which backs up my statement that AoC PvP is lame.

I think everyone is leaving the only American PvP server Tyranny because PvP is lame and going to Aion next week, I know for a fact that a few weeks ago Tyranny's server population was fine because the developers said it and transfers were disallowed from Xfering  to tyranny and this week we have forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php.  So all the AoC PvPers are bailing to Aion.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

Originally posted by finaticd

What are you talking about Bart...

My text is self explanatory, try reding it again if you couldn't grasp it at first try
    I played the game last month and it has changed so little since release myself and many others decided not to resubscribe.
    You have hated this game with a passion for months, only reason I could see you resub was if you just did it to be able to write in your posts that you resubed to go; "That's what I said, it's still bad"
    This is a crappy PvP game no doubt about it
    No, not true (even if you write "no doubt" in your post)
    My female assassin, the worst PvP class had 1,000 solo kills by the time I was level 80 and that was pre PvP system.
    Ok
    Aion is the only hope for PvP now
    lol, a bit heavy on the drama-queen side are we?
    ..some of the few remaining PvP GUILDS are leaving to play Aion which backs up my statement that AoC PvP is lame.
    Hehe, I remember badboybilly told of his makebelieve guild that was going to leave for Aion. He never managed to back that up though. You wanna back up your statement on the "few remaining pvp guilds" with any factual information.

Good luck with the fanatic trolling

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

1) pvp is very fun, its fast, and theres a lot of crazy shit goin on going on during pvp, especially seiges, minis, and pvp raids. Lots of combos, cc's, aoes... you can see some of it on youtube.  While it is fun its not rewarding enough.  You get a tiny bit of pvp xp per kill, there are 5 pvp levels that are really more like warhammers 40 pvp levels but broken down to 5.   patch 1.06 will introduce guild leveling in crafting/pve/pvp it will add a bit more in terms of reward.

2) casters use to rule, in 1vs1 and group fights.  they overhauled the stat system, overhauled the bear shaman, then the dark templars, barbarians got reworked too i believe, and a few days ago the conquer got its overhaul.  now casters still own the group fights (aoe's and at a distance) but for 1vs1 not so hot.  I would say balance is much better now.

3) crafting sucks...there i said it.  Some very cool looking level 80 gear can be crafted, but its hard to do, gotta make or buy the ingredients and those recipes are rare drops as well.  No bueno when getting t2 raid drops is not only more fun, but easyer imo. Not to mention the raid equipment is far superior to crafted gear.

4)  for the NA servers tyranny is the highest pop, followed by crimmeria and wiccana,  and set has a decent pop i hear.  Decent pop meaning global is active, guilds are recruiting, people are looking for raids and raids are looking for players.  Endgame minis pop often during peak hours, and theres a crowd at the level 80 makeshift arena in khesh.  Pve on these servers will vary, depending on the server type, pve or pvp.  the pvp servers will have gank hotspots where pvp will be very active (remember how much pvp xp you need)  So for pvp choose tyranny for the most active pvp and the most brutal, and crimmeria for a slightly toned down community and usually a less in your face ffa pvp (hot spots aside).

5) pve is quest spam, a quick trip to 70, followed by raid quests and DMC mob grind with repeatable quests all the way to 80.  There are other options for 70-80 such as OT commons (another good pvp spot with a faction of choice quest line).  End game raids on the pvp server can be a bit rough, pvp specced characters and a focus away from only raids can make some pugs i bit difficult.  On the pve server its a diffrent story.  Questing though the maps is absolutly beautiful and made it hard to be bored doing the quests.  pve leveling is slower on the pvp server due to the occasional encounter that turns into a guild vs guild raid fight.

6) the best question you asked.  im assuming your going to roll on a pvp server, as the pve server has pvp, but just not everywhere and so its a much diffrent story there.  On the pvp server however, pvp starts the second you see someone else, and that person will be equally close to naked as you are.  Most people wont start getting good pvp gear untill their 50's via some raids/dungeons.  So about level 50 you will start seeing some really nicely geard characters compared to the trash you have on. 

Foregoe this and try to hit 80 as fast as you can and the equipment gets more complicated.  Youll all of a sudden have a lot more choices and the oppertunity to eventually get top teir drops.  To get to that you got to finish a solo questline (destiny quests) raid quest to allow you to enter harder riads to get the oppertunity to get a drop for your class that you can then roll for.  Pvp levels make a diffrence as well, allowing you to wear better pvp equipment .  you fight better in pvp with a higher level as well. 

You become pvp relevant from level 1.  Your guild still will get guild points for your participation in the level 1-10 minis. Even if you loose badly and get slaughterd, youll get 1 guild point for playing it out.  The guild can use those points to bid on taking a battle keep in a seige from another guild. Soon you leveling up and ganking your fellow level 10's in white sands will level your guild as well as give you a head start on pvp xp.

Just make sure you get a guild, you level in groups when you can, and you dont qq over ganks.  If you dont want to get ganked join a pve server and pvp only for seiges and minis. Oh and choose tryanny or crimmeria for pvp, wiccana for pve.

Originally posted by Barteaux

What are you talking about Bart...

My text is self explanatory, try reding it again if you couldn't grasp it at first try
    I played the game last month and it has changed so little since release myself and many others decided not to resubscribe.
    You have hated this game with a passion for months, only reason I could see you resub was if you just did it to be able to write in your posts that you resubed to go; "That's what I said, it's still bad"
    This is a crappy PvP game no doubt about it
    No, not true (even if you write "no doubt" in your post)
    My female assassin, the worst PvP class had 1,000 solo kills by the time I was level 80 and that was pre PvP system.
    Ok
    Aion is the only hope for PvP now
    lol, a bit heavy on the drama-queen side are we?
    ..some of the few remaining PvP GUILDS are leaving to play Aion which backs up my statement that AoC PvP is lame.
    Hehe, I remember badboybilly told of his makebelieve guild that was going to leave for Aion. He never managed to back that up though. You wanna back up your statement on the "few remaining pvp guilds" with any factual information.

Good luck with the fanatic trolling

Your the one who does most of the trolling, I backed up the decline of the population with a link. The PvP is garbage in AoC it gets a 1 out of 10, this thread is about PvP not how much a fan you are of Funcom and Age of Conan that they are perfect and do no wrong.

If your really from the same city in Norway that Funcom is from you should march down there and tell them to fix PvP before the server populations drop in half for the 5th or so time.  For real if AoC was PvP based, classes would be reasonably balanced, sieges would work, there would be a point to border lands, and this game would have a PvP population, so the fact that all you have is your opinion to back up your incorrect facts is misleading. I never use my opinion I use current and recent player's opinions.

Look, Funcom said they are increasing the advertising budget to attract new players but everyone knows that all servers will be ghost towns before the expansion hits if the population keeps declining at it's current rate. Crappy PvP over a year after release is one reason people are not staying.

Aion will be better for the next 6 months than AoC ever was or ever will be for PvP, I have no idea if that game will survive but Warhammer's first 6 month were much better than AoC's as well. I'm considering buying it but the pve stuff in aion is supposed to be as crappy as AoC's.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

AOC is a pure PVE game. The PVP is just an option for player to play around like toys in the kindergarden.

PVP could be the most complicated design involves very deep and comlete calculations on armors/weapons, crafting, drops ...etc. as well as precisely combat calculation, statistics, skill tree. AOC is a simple game like Pinball. 

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Larry2298

AOC is a pure PVE game. The PVP is just an option for player to play around like toys in the kindergarden.
    PVP could be the most complicated design involves very deep and comlete calculations on armors/weapons, crafting, drops ...etc. as well as precisely combat calculation, statistics, skill tree. AOC is a simple game like Pinball. 

How can PVP being complicated in design with all the calculations/buffs/proc's/mitigation and so on be simple?

The revamp of the system that took place has clearly the details of stats layed out in an easy to read manner. Sure it is like other games but now we know more clearly what is what in this area.

OP should check out some some PVP YouTube vids by this user: www.youtube.com/user/archolon especially the sieges. As well as look at and some research for further PVP meaningful content additions coming with Patch 1.06. There is always a continued focus on PvP, the issue is sometimes from focus to implementation can be awhile which has been taken under constructive advisement by the powers that be already.

The PvP is garbage in AoC it gets a 1 out of 10

Hehe, judged by you?

I never use my opinion I use current and recent player's opinions.

Hahahaha. Not kidding, this is not just one of those "I'll write lol here" moments. You actually gave me a proper laugh.

- Scissors.

Head Chop

Originally posted by Larry2298

... AOC is a simple game like Pinball. 

You and Fanatic really crack me up, no seriously, you guys lighten the day.

- Scissors.

Head Chop

Bart you crack me up, you just troll as you can't believe what you post.  However, why do you spend so much time trying to convince people that this dead broken game is worth playing? a bit lonely while in game are you? If he is interested in PvP Aion will be 100 times better than AoC because it will have players, the PvP junk is not broken per beta testers, it isn't the best game ever but it isn't as bad as AoC.

Your right AoC PvP is great that is why this game is low populated and is only getting worse every three months.

How are sieges and border kingdoms?

How are the many servers with to low population or no interest in PvP mini games?

How is it like playing a game that does a piss poor job at class balance?

AoC is garbage PvP, I don't get how you can argue...Funcom just doesn't care about PvP. If they did this game wouldn't be dead today. 6 med pop servers with a declining population is dead as Funcom won't be able to afford more expansions or content after they lose another X million on AoC's expansion.

If Funcom made PvP in this game great they would have probably a million players TODAY. If they spent time Fixing PvP issues over the last year they would have probably 200,000 players today from the free trials and win backs and the game would be growing. It blows my mind how little Funcom cares about PvP, perhaps it is a pacifist Norway thing or just lazyness, or just inept programmers.

EDIT: Most design and stat decisions were based on PvE. Heck the PvP rewards fail in comparison.

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

Bart ... why do you spend so much time trying to convince people that this dead broken game is worth playing?

Hi grumpy, why do you spend so much time trying to convince people that this dead broken game is not worth playing? (It is a retorical question, no need to answer mate)

Come Finaticd, find yourself a nice hobby and stop being soooooo glooomy. We know AoC is a dead broken game, that is why we play it, cos we like dead broken games. And like me there are a few others, and you know what? We have fun doing so. You got a problem with that? Or it is that you enjoy preaching or something?

Cheer up Fina. No really.

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

AoC is garbage PvP, I don't get how you can argue...

Not being able to understand that other people can have another opinion than you is not a good thing when trying to take part in a discussion. You base your argument on very subjective feelings, and keep arguing like it's a universal truth. It's almost like watching Fox News.

I think this is the essence of your problem. You argue so passionately but with a hampering lack of logic, almost as if you try to convince yourself.

- Scissors.

Head Chop

The point is your opinion is held by like 1 in 20 people (between people who quit subscriptions or free trials and people who are on PvE servers 1 in 20 is a fair estimate) who have played AoC and you are trying to state PvP is awesome.

I realize it is an opinion but there are a myriad of issues that make PvP broken I did a write up on it.  This game doesn't do a great job at anything really but it fails hard at PvP and RP because of the myriad of issues. My opinion is the overwhelming majority today so I'm sure you love PvP but it has to many issues and isn't regarded well in this game. If people did free trials came baclk and PvP was awesome they would resub as there are nt any great MMO PvP games aside from WoW and perhaps guild wars and WoW isn't PvP focused realy.  Warhammer was doing well with PvPers but it lacks content, what it did have was quality content  though. Aion is next up and who knows, guild wars 2 will probably do PvP alright in terms of balance and stats and that is a free subscription but the arena 5v5 junk gets boring..

On your fox news comments:

Lately Fox news has been on target and all other media networks have been to liberal and to wrong to report current events.  Czar Jones, ACORN, Health Care issues.

So  the other networks and news papers either bend or omit (ignore the issue) facts to showcase how awesome, socialism and liberalism is as they are slanted towards democrats. They bend the truth to fit what they want reality to be. Fox news has been wrong before but in general it reports more moderatly than any other source, NBC, CBS, any national paper, ABC, etc that have a major liberal bias.

So it seems you are like the other networks ignoring or bending the truth to fit what you want.

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

The point is ... there are a myriad of issues that make PvP broken ... This game doesn't do a great job at anything ...
    a myriad of issues ...

Don't you ever tire Fina? Amazing.

Keep up informing us. Tell us something new like AoC is crap or something. OK? Have fun while you are at it.

Cheerio (me heading back home... weekend yeah)

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

It's funny that you enjoy Fox News so much finactid.. I took you for a socialist..

Socialist = someone who quickly points out flaws but never offers any fixes :)

I never use my opinion I use current and recent player's opinions.

Thanks for springing to the defense of Fox news. The some times confusing world has again fallen into logic order.

- Scissors.

Head Chop

Originally posted by Aercus

It's funny that you enjoy Fox News so much finactid.. I took you for a socialist..

No socialist = a select few having all the power and wealth, the top government while the rest of the population can work thier butts off and become a doctor or be lazy and lame and work part time behind a cash register and make the same crappy wages.

Is a lot like warcrafts AV battleground, half the people were working towards a win while half the people stayed in the tunnel semi AFK and they all got the same number of points at the end.

I have pointed out flaws and offered corrections, IMO Funcom sees this game as dead so they are skely crewing it while puting all hopes into the expansion, after the expansion it is all down hill less the game's population increases by multiples. They best hope it isn't a buggy mess like the original release.

PvP system:

Class balance: make sprinting active block and hide walking take mana from mana users! Revert active block to normal for melees. revamp gear so casters have fewer HPs. Tone down the Crowed controls and give an ability to break all forms of CC with a short cooldown.

PvP Forum:

Sieges...tone down the bugs and eliminate crashing.

PvP minis....merger servers OR work on X server mini games.

PvP system...add at least 5 more levels and revamp the curve and make the final gear worth as much as T3 but with more stamina.  Make dishonor kills only happen for players 15-20 levels below and make it so if a lower level attacks a higher level he is flagged for PvP by everyone for 2 hours. Remove guards everywhere on PvP server.

Borderlands: the game is so shalow this is hard as gear and money and , hell this game has no rewards and no point. OK! make it a PvP mini game with two interences if you enter from one direction you are on one team and enter in another you are in another team and have a zerg type scenario just like in Warhammer keeps, WoW AV or TM/SS zerg.  Make it give points and turn it into a reward type thing. OR Make it into a FFA Killing field for points, where you get more points for killing near objectives or holding objectives.

Arenas....add 5v5 arenas it is easy and adds content and make the arenas worth something.

That would be a good start and all of it should be easy.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by Aercus

No socialist = a select few having all the power and wealth, the top government while the rest of the population can work thier butts off and become a doctor or be lazy and lame and work part time behind a cash register and make the same crappy wages.

Is a lot like warcrafts AV battleground, half the people were working towards a win while half the people stayed in the tunnel semi AFK and they all got the same number of points at the end.

I have pointed out flaws and offered corrections, IMO Funcom sees this game as dead so they are skely crewing it while puting all hopes into the expansion, after the expansion it is all down hill less the game's population increases by multiples. They best hope it isn't a buggy mess like the original release.

PvP system:

Class balance: make sprinting active block and hide walking take mana from mana users! Revert active block to normal for melees. revamp gear so casters have fewer HPs. Tone down the Crowed controls and give an ability to break all forms of CC with a short cooldown.

PvP Forum:

Sieges...tone down the bugs and eliminate crashing.

PvP minis....merger servers OR work on X server mini games.

PvP system...add at least 5 more levels and revamp the curve and make the final gear worth as much as T3 but with more stamina.  Make dishonor kills only happen for players 15-20 levels below and make it so if a lower level attacks a higher level he is flagged for PvP by everyone for 2 hours. Remove guards everywhere on PvP server.

Borderlands: the game is so shalow this is hard as gear and money and , hell this game has no rewards and no point. OK! make it a PvP mini game with two interences if you enter from one direction you are on one team and enter in another you are in another team and have a zerg type scenario just like in Warhammer keeps, WoW AV or TM/SS zerg.  Make it give points and turn it into a reward type thing. OR Make it into a FFA Killing field for points, where you get more points for killing near objectives or holding objectives.

Arenas....add 5v5 arenas it is easy and adds content and make the arenas worth something.

That would be a good start and all of it should be easy.

finaticd is THE AoC troll.  Not only does he not play or have intentions to play (therefore not being able to formulate his own opinions based on the current game, must use year old sterotypes and selected opinions of people who agree with his point of view).  He is one of those people super bitter and scorned over launch, and spends a great deal of time reserching why YOU the perspective player should hate this game.

If you want to know from plyers who play aoc i suggest you take his posts with a large grain of salt

Why not be constructive and try talking about the game you currently play on that forum, so the real players can chat about issues that efferct real players in AoC?

Here we have you talking off subject in an argument with a confromtational fan (as usual) then giving suggestions for what you want to see, despite you havent subscribed since what...3months after the launch over a year ago?

Your suggestions for what to fix are based on what was wrong when you actually played it...you suggested fixing seiges...had you been a player you would have known that seiges are fixed as far as anyone can tell (all it took was a demo aoe particle removal patch)  I recall you stating that the seiges couldnt be fixed because the engin was a fail.  PvP minis pop ALL THE TIME, if you had been a player you would have known that the issue over premade mini teams is the real issue atm.  THe game is shallow because you had trouble getting money?  Hell any t3 resource sells for good money, you dont even need money in the game aside from guild city/BK's.  Your class balance suggestions shows how out of touch with the current game you are.  They massivly nerfed casters, demos run out of MP really fast.  So there all the things you think as current flaws have all been addressed, had you been a player, or actually interested in playing you would have known all this.

Im just saying, someone who spends the amount of time that you do betaing up a game you dont play (and people who do play know you are full of crap most of the time) and starting fights in the forums on a 3rd party site, has some serious issues in real life or have other motives. 

Any way you look at it, you really think your qualified to even be in a thread with the topic "PvP adventurer seeking home"?  I mean you dont have the ability to offer any advice related to the topic, as you do in every thread its the same regurgitated "i had a bad experience at launch therefore the game is terrible now" messege.

Im not saying you dont have a right to post, its just very strange when someone acts as you do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP or anyone else interested in a pvp'ers home, and your on crimmeria, you can pm me in game.  Not only will i offer you a spot in a pvp guild, but will also inform you on other guilds that offer good pvp, incase you want to shop around. same name as this forum.  Sorry to get back on topic here.

• minitarominitaro Member Posts: 42

I can understand why someone loving a game will spend time telling others about it, whether that is online or offline.  However, if you play a game that you hate, what motivates you to spend countless hours bashing it?  I really think a  psychologist would have a field day studying this forum.

I

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by minitaro

I can understand why someone loving a game will spend time telling others about it, whether that is online or offline.  However, if you play a game that you hate, what motivates you to spend countless hours bashing it?  I really think a  psychologist would have a field day studying this forum.
    I

You'd almost think someone's paying them...