Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concerning Gameguard

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I've read that AION uses gameguard. I know it's not the first time it's been mentioned on the forums, but I'd like to address the issue maturely and get some answers. I did plan on playing AION, but when I read it uses gameguard, I decided against it. I've played a couple other games recently with gameguard being used, and its always required me to shut off my security suite. Because I was excited, I did so, but I still had CTD's at least once a play session. I've heard similar results from testers playing AION.

I'd like to hear some concrete data concerning this issue and how the devs plan on handling this. It was stupid of me to turn off my security suite to play a game when other MMO's don't require it, so I won't do it anymore. I'd like to hear the communities thoughts on it.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by nate1980

I've read that AION uses gameguard. I know it's not the first time it's been mentioned on the forums, but I'd like to address the issue maturely and get some answers. I did plan on playing AION, but when I read it uses gameguard, I decided against it. I've played a couple other games recently with gameguard being used, and its always required me to shut off my security suite. Because I was excited, I did so, but I still had CTD's at least once a play session. I've heard similar results from testers playing AION.
    I'd like to hear some concrete data concerning this issue and how the devs plan on handling this. It was stupid of me to turn off my security suite to play a game when other MMO's don't require it, so I won't do it anymore. I'd like to hear the communities thoughts on it.

ostrish

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Yep, its one of those personal choice things. I will live with it even though it has given me a fair bit of trouble during open beta (none at all during closed beta). Not going to blame anyone for not playing it because they dont like gameguard. Its all about choice. Enjoy whatever game you can find and like to play.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

It was just announced this afternoon that they are removing gameguard.  Check out that post.

• RoxRocksRoxRocks Member UncommonPosts: 19

I started off turning off Symantec but, like you, didn't like having to do so, and was getting CTDs anyway. Hubby made an adjustment to Symantec's settings so I didn't have to turn it off and no longer got any Gameguard errors. That's not to say some or all of the CTDs were not attributable to Gameguard, but there were no error messages after the adjustment and I played with Symantec still running. The last couple of days of OB there were far fewer CTDs and I'm hoping they will continue to resolve the issues. I was able to play for 3+ hours at a time before crashing, and was usually ready for a break by then anyway. :)

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Yes, I heard the news about AION pulling GG. That's great news, and I'm excited for the release once again!