Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blaming Blizzard for bad MMORPG's is just silly.

Comments

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

I agree with op, everyone wants to point the finger. And usually the most sucessful get blamed. There's a lot of crap out there like games being released too early and people still pay for it, thus supporting it. You want better games, vote with your money by not paying for crap.

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by elf8bliss

I agree with op, everyone wants to point the finger. And usually the most sucessful get blamed. There's a lot of crap out there like games being released too early and people still pay for it, thus supporting it. You want better games, vote with your money by not paying for crap.

A couple things...

First, the OP's post is too simplistic. She didn't even mention WHY people are copying Blizzard, and what about WoW they are copying.

Second, people open their wallets in HOPE. A lot of games (AoC, Warhammer come to mind) are able to make at least a significant chunk of their investment back in box sales. I can honestly say I bought AoC and WAR hoping for a great new game. I did not get past 30 days in either game. With Aion on the way, I will probably shell out money when it comes out, and less than 30 days later wish I hadn't!

But alas, I keep hoping.

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by TheHatter

WoW was released with horrible reviews from those kinds of places, but amazing reviews from places that have a habit of hyping bad, but high budget games. Your faithful MMORPG.com's release review was terrible, but it was changed a few years ago after WoW hit it's record MMO numbers to keep people from leaving. I don't blame them one bit, it would have pretty much killed their site.

I have yet to meet a gamer, that understands game mechanics, that has said WoW was a good game. Only about 1/20 true gamers, really understand game mechanics and play games based on that though.

I've actually played WoW off an on since it was closed beta. It's really not a good game, but it did tied me over for the last year or so. It's playable, to an extent. But, on the other hand, I see EVE as a beautiful game that has so many great aspects.... but for me it's not playable due to a couple key factors. Mechanically though, it's a work of art and I'm glad it's found a dedicated player base to keep it alive.

Please oh expert of experts, show us these BAD reviews you speak of.  Sorry, but angrynerd blog#163287489 doesn't count.  You basically killed your argument with, "I played since closed beta, on and off".  So you make a habit out of playing BAD games for YEARS?   YET, you don't play a game you call beautiful.  In an attempt to sound informed and experienced you came off as a child who can't make a point.  Congrats.  You win the clueless cookie award=)  What intelligent informed person plays a game they think is bad, unless they're getting paid to test it?  Nice try though=)

If you think MMORPG.com's reviews or articles mean anything, you need only look at EVE winning best PvE award=)  Since when has Eve ever had PvE?

Metacritic is all you need to know.   

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by Korhindi
    I find it ironic that most the folks who put down WoW now were probably big time WoW players back in 2005- 07.   I think most people rag on WoW because it is the cool thing to do.

Whether they were big time WoW players or not, its still entirely likely that anyone that has played WoW since release, is just sick of the game.

It doesnt help that people who have quit and look for another mmo to play see WoW wherever they go.

Its like running into a girlfriend you broke up with, everywhere you go.

And the McDonalds analogy FITS PERFECT.
    ALWAYS HAS
    ALWAYS WILL

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

People attack blizzard so they don't have to cut themselves to feel better.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• roma650roma650 Member Posts: 26

WoW shuld be praised as the good example..yet when games try imitating its successfull mecanics people complain ALOT, Aiona and War and countless more.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by Josher

WoW was released with horrible reviews from those kinds of places, but amazing reviews from places that have a habit of hyping bad, but high budget games. Your faithful MMORPG.com's release review was terrible, but it was changed a few years ago after WoW hit it's record MMO numbers to keep people from leaving. I don't blame them one bit, it would have pretty much killed their site.

I have yet to meet a gamer, that understands game mechanics, that has said WoW was a good game. Only about 1/20 true gamers, really understand game mechanics and play games based on that though.

I've actually played WoW off an on since it was closed beta. It's really not a good game, but it did tied me over for the last year or so. It's playable, to an extent. But, on the other hand, I see EVE as a beautiful game that has so many great aspects.... but for me it's not playable due to a couple key factors. Mechanically though, it's a work of art and I'm glad it's found a dedicated player base to keep it alive.

Please oh expert of experts, show us these BAD reviews you speak of.  Sorry, but angrynerd blog#163287489 doesn't count.  You basically killed your argument with, "I played since closed beta, on and off".  So you make a habit out of playing BAD games for YEARS?   YET, you don't play a game you call beautiful.  In an attempt to sound informed and experienced you came off as a child who can't make a point.  Congrats.  You win the clueless cookie award=)  What intelligent informed person plays a game they think is bad, unless they're getting paid to test it?  Nice try though=)

If you think MMORPG.com's reviews or articles mean anything, you need only look at EVE winning best PvE award=)  Since when has Eve ever had PvE?

Lack of options is the reason I've played. The MMO has been stagnant for quite awhile now.  I also said it was bad, but playable. Not to mention, my wife plays and is running Uldar or Naxx or some BS like that right now.

I wasn't talking about their awards, their site reviews by their reviewer team. Different story than an award system based around player picked.

I'm sorry I can't pull up the reviews. WoW has been out for.... what like 6yrs now? 5? Something like that. I can't remember what sites they were. My memory is great, but I'm sorry if it's not that great. I do remember you being a flamer here since around 05 or 06 or so and as I can see you haven't matured much since the last time I was around either. But at the same time, I forgot completely that you existed before you made this post. I can even remember you flaming a post I made a couple years ago to see who had been around the longest, in OT. And your crazy Anime threads in OT as well.

EVE actually is a beautiful game. I just can't get over the real time skill training or the insanely long travel times with huge distances to actually get anything accomplished. That's what make it's unplayable for me, but being unplayable for me, doesn't have any effect on weather or not it's a bad game. It's a great game. I just can't play it. If you can't understand that, then you're obviously not that 1/20 gamers I mentioned that can actually see what mechanics are. You may think you do, but you probably don't. I've actually played that on and off since it was in open beta as well. I was a big SMR/SMR-Realms/TDZK player and the game was largely based around those games in the beginning.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by roma650
    WoW should be praised as the good example of mmos, yet when games attempt to imitate its successful mechanics people complain ALOT, WAR and AION come to mind.

I played WoW since release and had a blast.

It doesnt bother me that some of the good mechanics of WoW are seen in other games.

It bothers me that every time I come to this site, no matter where I go, no matter what game Im looking at, someone brings up WoW.

We cant even have original discussions anymore.

WAR and AION are both solid games.
    Not perfect but definitely not horrible.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Originally posted by logangregor

WoW should be praised as the good example of mmos, yet when games attempt to imitate its successful mechanics people complain ALOT, WAR and AION come to mind.

I played WoW since release and had a blast.

It doesnt bother me that some of the good mechanics of WoW are seen in other games.

It bothers me that every time I come to this site, no matter where I go, no matter what game Im looking at, someone brings up WoW.

We cant even have original discussions anymore.

WAR and AION are both solid games.

Not perfect but definitely not horrible.

This text should be the new disclaimer of mmorpg.com forums.

• darkboarderdarkboarder Member Posts: 4

Making posts like this is just silly.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991

If you have a huge success people try to copy you. If your huge success involved dumbing down gameplay and catering to the lowest common denominator in your player base, then that gets copied too.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Lack of options is the reason I've played. The MMO has been stagnant for quite awhile now.  I also said it was bad, but playable. Not to mention, my wife plays and is running Uldar or Naxx or some BS like that right now.

So basically: "WOW is the worst form of MMORPG, except for all the others that have been tried."  ?

("It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Sir Winston Churchill

British politician (1874 - 1965) )

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Originally posted by Axehilt

So basically: "WOW is the worst form of MMORPG, except for all the others that have been tried."  ?

("It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Sir Winston Churchill

British politician (1874 - 1965) )

That can go right along with "I play WOW because theres nothing else to play" and 'WOW is like Mcdonalds" and "WOW is dumbed down" and "Only nooobs play WOW"  and "no REAL gamers play WOW" and "All MMOs suck becaue of WOW" as typical statements of the eternally clueless;)

That can go right along with "I play WOW because theres nothing else to play" and 'WOW is like Mcdonalds" and "WOW is dumbed down" and "Only nooobs play WOW"  and "no REAL gamers play WOW" and "All MMOs suck becaue of WOW" as typical statements of the eternally clueless;)

It'd only be clueless if I was using the statement to rationalize only playing WOW.  I'm not.  I'm using it to point out that it's ironic that WOW comes under such an amazing amount of criticism, even from players who themselves are playing WOW because everything else is worse. ;)

And c'mon, it's a Churchill quote!  Everyone loves Churchill!  ;)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I wasn't talking about their awards, their site reviews by their reviewer team. Different story than an award system based around player picked.

I'm sorry I can't pull up the reviews. WoW has been out for.... what like 6yrs now? 5? Something like that. I can't remember what sites they were. My memory is great, but I'm sorry if it's not that great. I do remember you being a flamer here since around 05 or 06 or so and as I can see you haven't matured much since the last time I was around either. But at the same time, I forgot completely that you existed before you made this post. I can even remember you flaming a post I made a couple years ago to see who had been around the longest, in OT. And your crazy Anime threads in OT as well.

EVE actually is a beautiful game. I just can't get over the real time skill training or the insanely long travel times with huge distances to actually get anything accomplished. That's what make it's unplayable for me, but being unplayable for me, doesn't have any effect on weather or not it's a bad game. It's a great game. I just can't play it. If you can't understand that, then you're obviously not that 1/20 gamers I mentioned that can actually see what mechanics are. You may think you do, but you probably don't. I've actually played that on and off since it was in open beta as well. I was a big SMR/SMR-Realms/TDZK player and the game was largely based around those games in the beginning.

Can you explain a little about what game mechanics in WoW are so terrible?

Originally posted by Axehilt

It'd only be clueless if I was using the statement to rationalize only playing WOW.  I'm not.  I'm using it to point out that it's ironic that WOW comes under such an amazing amount of criticism, even from players who themselves are playing WOW because everything else is worse. ;)

And c'mon, it's a Churchill quote!  Everyone loves Churchill!  ;)

hehe  Thats why its so funny.  When people complain about WOW when there are oodles of other MMOs to play that actually offer exactly what they're looking for, it has to make you go hmmmm. 

• NessinNessin Member UncommonPosts: 80

WoW shuld be praised as the good example..yet when games try imitating its successfull mecanics people complain ALOT, Aiona and War and countless more.

The problem there is games that try and imitate WoWs mechanics fail miserably.  Now, supposedly, this is due to the fact that WoW has been under constant development for several years after active release.  But then, does that mean developers should be given a pass for creating a bad game just because someone else got it right after release?  Warhammer is a good example of a game that was absolutely horrible at launch, and I'm assuming has gotten better over time.  I can't speak for Aion's early days as I'm not familiar with the game at its origin.  Either way, tons of games try and emulate WoWs success, but fail miserably because no matter how they emulate it they always fail to even get the basics working in a reasonable time, let alone actually achieving any level of polish.

At the end of the day I can recognize that game developers have proven over the course of 2 decades I've been involved in gaming to be completely incapable of releasing a polished game, at least on average.  Unfortunately for the developers, that would be infinitely easier to accept if there weren't a few diamond in the rough types of which Blizzard has proven to be one of them after their first few initial games.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by Teala

1-79 is pointless.

Quests are pathetic and have no point. (no "For a Greater Cause")

Quest chains are usually impossible to follow w/o WoWhead.

Doing any dungeon is a waste of time before you get to 75ish.

Then 80 is a gear grind for what? To grind again in 2 months when a new dungeon/set comes out?

Combat is 1 sided and highly unbalanced between classes.

PVP consists of face rolling the keyboard, on most of the better classes.

In PVP, thou who hast the best gear wins. Usually. A naked player @ 80 with a weapon can't even touch even a fully green geared player @ 80.

Movement is meaningless, except to distract your opponent.

Not only are classes unblanaced, Stats are heavily weighted and some have no use.

DPS is 1, 2, 3, oh hey look this one came up. I'll press 4 now. If you're a good DPS anyway and follow ElistJerks formulas, which you have to or be doomed to suck horrible. I don't blame WoW for ElistJerks though.

Tanking consists of basically smashing the keyboard with your palm. But is the only class that you actually have to put a bit of thought into how to gear and how to gem. Which btw is being "fixed" and dumbed down in Cat.

Healing consists of right or left clicking on an addon. Even good healers can't match a bad healer with Healbot.

Blizzard bases the class balance around 5% of the population. (Arenas... they've admitted that statistic.)

Crafting is pathetic. No more needed there.

The economy makes no logical sense. And is designed that way.

Achievements are a pathetic system to make up for lack of end game content.

At endgame you can... do dungeons...if you maxed those out in the whole week it takes to max them out then your choices are to raid... PVP.... or.... yeah? Am I missing anything. Oh, do the same dailies over and over everyday I guess?

The whole endgame is pretty much anti-social, unless you consider sticking to a raiding guild socializing. It's just an MMO, it's cool that you have 10-50 players you only play with and only talk to.

Probably alot of other factors I'm missing, but meh. I got to go to class.

With that said, WoW does do dungeons and raids very well as far as content and complexity goes. Even if they do usually dumb them down after the first week and regurgitate the same dungeons they have had since Vanilla.

But hey, ya know. WoW's a good game right?

WoW actually was a good game back in development. Sad they have strayed so far away from their original path. They had so many good ideas that never made it to game.

1-79 is pointless.

Quests are pathetic and have no point. (no "For a Greater Cause")

Quest chains are usually impossible to follow w/o WoWhead.

Doing any dungeon is a waste of time before you get to 75ish.

Then 80 is a gear grind for what? To grind again in 2 months when a new dungeon/set comes out?

Combat is 1 sided and highly unbalanced between classes.

PVP consists of face rolling the keyboard, on most of the better classes.

In PVP, thou who hast the best gear wins. Usually. A naked player @ 80 with a weapon can't even touch even a fully green geared player @ 80.

Movement is meaningless, except to distract your opponent.

Not only are classes unblanaced, Stats are heavily weighted and some have no use.

DPS is 1, 2, 3, oh hey look this one came up. I'll press 4 now.

Tanking consists of basically smashing the keyboard with your palm. But is the only class that you actually have to put a bit of thought into how to gear and how to gem. Which btw is being "fixed" and dumbed down in Cat.

Healing consists of right or left clicking on an addon. Even good healers can't match a bad healer with Healbot.

Blizzard bases the class balance around 5% of the population. (Arenas... they've admitted that statistic.)

Crafting is pathetic. No more needed there.

The economy makes no logical sense. And is designed that way.

Achievements are a pathetic system to make up for lack of end game content.

At endgame you can... do dungeons...if you maxed those out in the whole week it takes to max them out then your choices are to raid... PVP.... or.... yeah? Am I missing anything. Oh, do the same dailies over and over everyday I guess?

The whole endgame is pretty much anti-social, unless you consider sticking to a raiding guild socializing. It's just an MMO, it's cool that you have 10-50 players you only play with and only talk to.

Probably alot of other factors I'm missing, but meh. I got to go to class.

With that said, WoW does do dungeons and raids very well as far as content and complexity goes. Even if they do usually dumb them down after the first week and regurgitate the same dungeons they have had since Vanilla.

But hey, ya know. WoW's a good game right?

WoW actually was a good game back in development. Sad they have strayed so far away from their original path.

And you just about pegged every MMORPG that has ever been created.  Congrats.     ^_^   So again...where are these terrible mechanics you speak of because that list could apply to so many MMORPG's.     The one thing WoW brings though is a more polished and accessible and fun game.    I've played my share of MMORPG's and of them all only 3 or 4 are any good and just a couple is all I'll even touch(actually play) - WoW being one of them and I use to so dislike this game.   Yeah...I did...gave it a 4 out of 10 back in the day in one of my reviews(a preview review back just before it released).    Things have changed though and the game is now one of my all time faves.     Why?  Because it is better than most and just keeps getting better instead of worse.    My friend calls me a WoW fangirl, but the truth is, I am just as critcal as ever, and that will never change.   I love to play WoW for what it is and in my opinion Blizzard got more right than wrong.   Oh and this is coming from someone that prefers sandbox games over theme park games and yet I will pick WoW over what is currently out there right now because even the so called existing sandbox games are lacking.   

Back to your list though....even EvE fits that list!   LOL!

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

Originally posted by kalaren

Originally posted by grandpagamer

If Ford created a piece of junk car and sold a record number of them and then GM, Toyota and on and on did the same hoping to cash in then yeah, i would blame Ford for the influx of junk on the market.

Great analogy.

That's a pretty shitty analogy actually. Who decided it was junk? 1 of 100 people? You obviously don't like WoW so of course it's great analogy to you. In fact it doesn't matter if it is the worlds best car or a piece of shit, it sold a record number. Of course competitors are gonna try and copy it. But the copies aren't as good as the original which is the problem.

Actually, any serious game reviewer that is able to look beyond flash and polish to see the game underneath. Notice I said, serious. Not many of those guys left though.

These are the shills and sell-outs whose reviews are not to be trusted.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/534914-world-of-warcraft/index.html

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/worldofwarcraft?q=world%20of%20warcraft

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/world-of-warcraft-re-review?page=3

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraft/index.html?tag=result;title;0

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft/

http://www.gamepro.com/games/pc/106753/world-of-warcraft/

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3143044&p=1&sec=REVIEWS

http://pc.ign.com/objects/016/016985.html

And of course this one.  Amazingly, the site score and current PLAYER-REVIEWED score are about even.  It currently falls in the "Great" category.  Fools and idiots all.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/15/view/reviews/load/17/page/1

I'm sure there are millions of never-heard-of blogger sites run by "true gamers" that trashed the game.

I'd include their reviews in the name of fairness, but I never heard of them so I wouldn't know where to start.

Originally posted by Eunuchmaker

Originally posted by grandpagamer

If Ford created a piece of junk car and sold a record number of them and then GM, Toyota and on and on did the same hoping to cash in then yeah, i would blame Ford for the influx of junk on the market.

Great analogy.

That's a pretty shitty analogy actually. Who decided it was junk? 1 of 100 people? You obviously don't like WoW so of course it's great analogy to you. In fact it doesn't matter if it is the worlds best car or a piece of shit, it sold a record number. Of course competitors are gonna try and copy it. But the copies aren't as good as the original which is the problem.

Actually, any serious game reviewer that is able to look beyond flash and polish to see the game underneath. Notice I said, serious. Not many of those guys left though.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/worldofwarcraft?q=world%20of%20warcraft

And of course this one.  Amazingly, the site score and current PLAYER-REVIEWED score are about even.  It currently falls in the "Great" category.  Fools and idiots all.

I'm sure there are millions of never-heard-of blogger sites run by "true gamers" that trashed the game.

I'd include their reviews in the name of fairness, but I never heard of them so I wouldn't know where to start.

LMAO!   Fools and idiots?   So pray tell what great game are you playing that makes you so wise and all knowing?

• MoodahMoodah Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Nekrataal

I don't blame Blizz for the other compagnies bad games, but I do blame Blizz for the regression of MMORPG's communities quality.
    WoW brought millions of clueless sheeple to the genre which, imo, don't even want or like MMORPG's. They just mindlessly follow the herd... Those guys( & gals) are actively influencing the genre toward the single player game "Me, myself & I" mindset & thats pitiful for a genre that is supposse to be "Massive" & "Multiplayer" & "Role playing".
    Blizz is guilty of mass advertizement that resulted in an influx of morons condammed to surfe the commerial "brainwashed" thrends all their pitiful life.
    Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but thats kinda how I feel when I think about the piss poor community we have today.
    Sorry if I offended some WoW fanbois & no you are not all morons & sheeps.

I somewhat agree with this. Blizz didnt kill the industry but bringing the me me me now now now generation  into the genre they infect other games and expect them to be like WOW. Blizzard made a game that was more successful than they imagined and good for them. The problem is a lot of the players who now slither to other games and scream for WOW.

I would argue that the "mememe" generation is not specific to MMOs and there is nothing you can do to avoid it because the "mememe" IS our new generation. Our civilisation made and brought up the shallow egocentric mass consumer youth that cares about nothing but rewards and does not know the concept of responicibility. They see themselves as eliglible for every reward without having the concept of having to put in the work and dedication to reap that reward (not each and every indivdual is like that, but on lareg scale, that is our latest spawn)

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Eunuchmaker
    Originally posted by grandpagamer If Ford created a piece of junk car and sold a record number of them and then GM, Toyota and on and on did the same hoping to cash in then yeah, i would blame Ford for the influx of junk on the market.

Great analogy.

LMAO!   Fools and idiots?   So pray tell what great game are you playing that makes you so wise and all knowing?

Hello Kitty Online.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Moodah

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by Nekrataal

I don't blame Blizz for the other compagnies bad games, but I do blame Blizz for the regression of MMORPG's communities quality.
    WoW brought millions of clueless sheeple to the genre which, imo, don't even want or like MMORPG's. They just mindlessly follow the herd... Those guys( & gals) are actively influencing the genre toward the single player game "Me, myself & I" mindset & thats pitiful for a genre that is supposse to be "Massive" & "Multiplayer" & "Role playing".
    Blizz is guilty of mass advertizement that resulted in an influx of morons condammed to surfe the commerial "brainwashed" thrends all their pitiful life.
    Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but thats kinda how I feel when I think about the piss poor community we have today.
    Sorry if I offended some WoW fanbois & no you are not all morons & sheeps.

I somewhat agree with this. Blizz didnt kill the industry but bringing the me me me now now now generation  into the genre they infect other games and expect them to be like WOW. Blizzard made a game that was more successful than they imagined and good for them. The problem is a lot of the players who now slither to other games and scream for WOW.

I would argue that the "mememe" generation is not specific to MMOs and there is nothing you can do to avoid it because the "mememe" IS our new generation. Our civilisation made and brought up the shallow egocentric mass consumer youth that cares about nothing but rewards and does not know the concept of responicibility. They see themselves as eliglible for every reward without having the concept of having to put in the work and dedication to reap that reward (not each and every indivdual is like that, but on lareg scale, that is our latest spawn)

I would say you are part of the dinosaur generation by equating time spent (dedication) as greater than skill.  In this day someone that can do in one day what took you a year is more deserving than you.

In reply to Hatter:

Despite the following systematic criticism, I'm either neutral or agree with the majority of points you made (sometimes strongly agreeing.)

Despite agreeing with the majority of your points, I still consider WOW a damn fun game.  If I hadn't sunk ~4 years into it I'd still be going strong (and well, as it stands I'm still playing it mostly to have something fun to do with my GF.)

A lot of calling it a damn fun game boils down to there just not being any superior alternativess.  I continue my search for an MMORPG (or any MMO) which gets me similarly addicted to WOW in its prime.

"Quest chains are usually impossible to follow w/o WoWhead."

...really?

"Movement is meaningless, except to distract your opponent."

Jumping through someone in melee is somewhat effective (or at least creates a minimum bar of skill.)

Keeping range skillfully also works with a lot of classes (and Warlocks in particular, with so many insta-cast-on-the-run DOTs.)

"Not only are classes unblanaced, Stats are heavily weighted and some have no use."

Please tell us what MMORPG you play where every stat is useful.  I'd like to see that!

"Healing consists of right or left clicking on an addon. Even good healers can't match a bad healer with Healbot."

Eh?  I healed with default UI for a long damn time (up through early BC) and outhealed just about everyone...on a shaman, back when we were considered a gimp healing class.   Yes, my guild was bad at healing, but that's sort of the point...

And I still never used Healbot.  The 20ms added by my having to hit a hotkey then click a target never stopped me from being dominant on the healing meters, and from keeping people alive quite adeptly.

Also: let me know the MMORPG with fantastically deep healing mechanics, because I'd like to play that!  (WAR's melee healers were admittedly a little trickier than normal to heal with, which was good even if massive other portions of the game sucked.)

"Blizzard bases the class balance around 5% of the population. (Arenas... they've admitted that statistic.)"

I fail to see the problem.

Balancing for noobs ensures your game always has suck balance.

Balancing for experts ensures that even if noob balance sucks everyone has the opportunity to become more skilled at the game and reach true balance at the upper tiers.  Ideally you want to try to balance for both, but at a minimum you have to balance for expert play or your game will end up shallow.

Of course the game isn't balanced at a high level of play, but what MMORPG is?  What game is? 

"It's just an MMO, it's cool that you have 10-50 players you only play with and only talk to."

Again: welcome to the vast majority of MMOs.  Players typically gain no value from interacting with more than 50 other players at once, and given that it creates additional tech and gameplay hurdles it's usually not a focus of games.

And out of the MMOs where you interact with more than 50 players regularly, their gameplay often devolves into massed PVP zerging.  Not very fun.

(why the heck is this entire post bolded?  I suffer through IE just to run you and you fail me, WSYWIG Editor!?!  Pff.)