Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requiem: Bloodymare: Requiem Bloodymare Review

2»

Comments

• SK8R777SK8R777 Member Posts: 5

the game isnt as bad as you say

sure you may have to pay later into that game which  really sucks 

but like around lvl 40-45 when you have to join Aoe parties, it becomes fun if you solo at these lvls, you become really annoyed

the good thing is that with the new update there might be more quests and a pet system, higher lvl cap and much more

DUMBO

• KariTRKariTR Member Posts: 375

So far managed to get to L61 and 80% on a free account. I dont know if things were added after the reviewer played, but in addition to NPC quests you can buy quest scrolls very cheaply. Battle points can also be used to spend on experience scrolls (until 2 levels ago I was selling these as a great source of income). There are also two starter maps, so once you have finished quests on one, you can go and complete later quests on another. There is simply too much to do to absolutely run out of quests in your 20s or 30s.

Very important for ease of levelling is to know that experience events also apply to quest experience, so save up your quests to turn in during a Happy Hour.

Another great plus is the party system. Instead of restricting levels within party, they allow everyone of any level to party and the average level applies when killing mobs. This is particularly useful for dungeon crawls and the earlier dungeons in particular are very imaginative, with mobs that terrorise you and landscapes that has your character jumping over bottomless pits, lava etc. And outside on the map proper there are plenty of bosses dotted around the world to group up and kill, though bosses seem restricted to dungeons on later maps.

Ive also had a good experience with the community. I was in a party of 4 by level 9 (all new players) and spent my time refusing guild invites until I was around level 40 as I wanted to learn as much as I could. But when I needed help in the form of questions answered or something more practical like killing a boss, I never lacked for a helpful response.

Im guessing the point and click system is more the reviewers style as I will dispute that movement with wasd keys is awkward. Other than that, he makes some good points that I cant disagree with, but all MMOs require a bit of "the more you put in, the more you get out" mentality. Despite not having regional chat (currently restricted to subscription only) I have never had a problem finding a group to join, even when I wasnt guilded.

Lastly, what isnt mentioned in reviews generally, but has become of huge importance to all MMO players one way or another, there are no bots or "professional" gold-sellers in Requiem!

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

I have to admit that after reading the review, I really ought to try the game out. I've always been rather curious about Requiem Bloodymare, and now that I've read this review, I have to say that the features are quite interesting. I particularly love games with a lot of classes (at least 7 or 8) and finding out that this game has sixteen really takes the cake. I would definitely try it out after the September 24th update, though I hope that my laptop specs would be good enough for it.

This is disappointing, as games should generate micro-transaction revenue primarily because players enjoy the game and want bonuses, not feel they are necessary to get to level, compete, or - as previously mentioned - alter a character's specialization.

I am in 100% agreement with this statement. I end up quitting most F2P games simply because the grind in later levels makes it necessary to use the cash shop, and without it, the game gets very bland and boring. However, after seeing the above post, I think I would still try this game out, at least until level 35 to see what it's like.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• yigaelyigael Member Posts: 42

can someone post a link to download the client??

• KariTRKariTR Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by yigael

can someone post a link to download the client??

http://www.playrequiem.com/Index.aspx

The link to the download is top right. It requires you to have an account, but youre going to need one anyway :)

@Aladylenya. Im glad youve decided to give it a try.

• AmbushMartyrAmbushMartyr Member Posts: 69

The game is getting a face lift from a lot of blogging I read. Besides a name change new scenery, textures, and a lot fo overhaul of systems.

The reviewer also forgot to mention that Requiems Item Mall is one of the cheapest in the F2P market atm. You get a lot of bang for your buck, and theres not a lot of fluff involved or gimmicks to make you pay anything. Maybe the reviewer shouldve mentioned that tid bit?

Nonetheless, the game will be better than ever IF the code monkeys get it all worked out before the slated release of the facelift.

Overall, the game isnt bad and serves as a decent game for those who may not have time to invest in learning a ton of fluff to play; Great time waster!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Requiem isn't getting changes to its graphics system.  The inclusion of Havok Physics in an mmo has been a severe performance draw.  Even top end systems occasionally stutter on Requiem.  Before any level facelift happens, a recode of the engine to support multi-core processing has to happen first.

The real face lift is that combat, and skills are completely changing.

• GikkuGikku Member Posts: 208

Well I played this during the beta and there were plenty of helpful peeps around then. I had a char that was in her thirtys and not much to do for xp.

The graphics of the world itself weren't spectacular and mode of travel was hard pressed. The gore was pretty cool when a mob died. I was never able to get into a battleground. So can't say how they were.

After beta they did a wipe and I came back and started again but not many peeps around and hardly ever got an answer to a question. So I gave it up. Hard to get into a group for places you needed a group for.

Gikku

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by Gikku
    Hard to get into a group for places you needed a group for.

This is one of the things besides grind in Asian MMOs, forcing you to group.

--
    Michael